(SPOILER) Why do the Children of the Forest protect Bran?

sunstonekey

I think it is obvious that they regret their decision -- an example of the "cure" being worse than the "disease". As bad as men might have been, the WW are worse, and the children realize this fact and want to try to make amends for their actions in creating them.

GRRM said it was events before the start of the first book that started the Others moving south again - many people have thought it was the birth of Jon or Dany, perhaps it is the birth of Bran. perhaps the CotF are trying to save Bran because he is the only one with the power to control the Walkers.

Just now, ummester said:

GRRM said it was events before the start of the first book that started the Others moving south again - many people have thought it was the birth of Jon or Dany, perhaps it is the birth of Bran. perhaps the CotF are trying to save Bran because he is the only one with the power to control the Walkers.

No, I think it was the birth of Jon. Jon is the one who is prophecized to take them down. If you look at the first book -- the Others appears to be looking for someone who might match Jon's description -- not Bran's. Of course, Bran is going to be of major assistance to Jon, so now the WW want to get Bran as well.

4 minutes ago, UnmaskedLurker said:

No, I think it was the birth of Jon. Jon is the one who is prophecized to take them down. If you look at the first book -- the Others appears to be looking for someone who might match Jon's description -- not Bran's. Of course, Bran is going to be of major assistance to Jon, so now the WW want to get Bran as well.

What? Where is that from? And what is really different between Jon and Bran other than age anyway? They are both male's with first men blood - Jon may have a mix of First Men and Targ, whereas Bran only has First Men, but why would the Others know or care about that - unless there is a connection between Asshai and the Lands of Always Winter.

2 minutes ago, ummester said:

What? Where is that from? And what is really different between Jon and Bran other than age anyway? They are both male's with first men blood - Jon may have a mix of First Men and Targ, whereas Bran only has First Men, but why would the Others know or care about that - unless there is a connection between Asshai and the Lands of Always Winter.

Go back and read the prologue from book 1.

2 minutes ago, dooog said:

How did the children ever have trouble with humans in the first place, they have grenades

LOL even kidnapping what seems to be battle-capable adult men.

They did not need white walkers it seems -_- 

2 minutes ago, dooog said:

How did the children ever have trouble with humans in the first place, they have grenades

But not enough. And armor does provide protection against obsidian. We saw that tonight when a CotF tried to stab an Other with a spear but it din't penetrate the breastplate. I thought that was a nice touch. Meera, though, went for a headshot and bagged one.

5 minutes ago, dooog said:

I don't think they have grenades in the books. And the real problem was the there were many more men and they were chopping down the weirwood trees, which the children worship. In the books, they have a truce where the men agree to stop chopping them down. The show is being a little vague about many of these issues.

14 minutes ago, ummester said:

bran has andal blood, probaly more than half

Because sometime after the Pact, they lost control of their weapon.  This is why the Last Hero was actually helped by the CotF, it was in their mutual interest to help.

It's also worth noting that this may be a very dumbed down version of how things played out compared to what we'll get in the books.

So my takeaway from this episode is that the whole "Stark" family is not as good as they seem. Sansa definitely stood out, I think LF has some sick evil like Ramsey, I dont think he has any good intentions for team Stark. Bad news for team Stark when that Vale armies come and wipe them out.

Rituals of FM exact same as what the Red Women did to Jon. I called it after this season w/. Drowned God is exactly what Jon did, but the Iron Born's ritual that is a near-drowning experience some people have. I don't believe Euron was resurrected in anyway. Another religious zealot group they are - connection to Rhi'lor created.

I think Jon is another fake-Stannis, possibly Dany fake as well, except her similar immunity to fire. Dany = an Other? Dany is not immune to Dragon fire so neither are the WW. I think Dragons win vs. the Others. Jon has not shown to be immune to fire, yet. 

The first WW created had blonde hair, I dont think he could have been a "Stark". Does this point over to House Lannister?

Bran is the new Marty McFly apparently. He made Hodor what did to save himself, that was his purpose in his life. He knows how to warg into things through time and place. Powerful enough to see through trees now, i believe. There goes the CotF/WW on the same side now theories. 

Sometimes you realize that to win a war, you might have to become something you are not. They pretty much turned a war into a nuclear one. I'm assuming, they realize the cost of winning would be a desolate world where it is only cold and no living thing exists. 

Archived