And then there were two...

Pile-O-Starks

2 hours ago, daemonTheBlack said:

I still have not given up on Shaggydog. The North Remembers.

The Spanish spoiler guy has apparently "spoiled" against that theory though. :(

That guy's been wrong about a fair amount though. It seems mostly speculation

However I think that if Summer can so easily get dished, Shaggy is dead.

6 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

That guy's been wrong about a fair amount though. It seems mostly speculation

However I think that if Summer can so easily get dished, Shaggy is dead.

I hope so (about the first line). 

There is a theory though about how the direwolves represent the "Stark-y-ness" of the Stark children. Then it adds up how Rickon is the only one left who can become the Stark at Winterfell at the end of the story, and his direwolf is still alive.

3 minutes ago, daemonTheBlack said:

I hope so (about the first line). 

There is a theory though about how the direwolves represent the "Stark-y-ness" of the Stark children. Then it adds up how Rickon is the only one left who can become the Stark at Winterfell at the end of the story, and his direwolf is still alive.

I don't think Summer goes down like that in the books. The connection with Bran is extremely important to his Stark-ness as you said. There's a reason most skinchangers seem to be wargs aka they really only use wolves or at least as their main thralls. They're proud but still can use teamwork and be obedient, animals but with a degree of intelligence not common among most.

On a rewatch of this recent episode, I think Jon is privy to Sansa's 'game'. The way he looks in her direction while planning their move at the map. The way he looks at her after she "happily" gives him the new cloak she made. I get the feeling that he was starting to get suspicious of her. That heartwarming reunion feeling we had from them in the last episode are obviously gone, more so because there never was a relationship between the two characters as opposed to Jon and Ayra's close bond from the very beginning of this story. 

I believe Nymeria and Ghost will represent the last remaining true Starks and Sansa, with Lady's death, has no Stark spirit anymore - nor does Bran. Bran will be the next BR as they stated.

6 little direwolves found in the woods
Lady paid her sister's price and then there were five

5 little direwolves played with their hosts
Grey Wind drowned in red downpour and then there were four

4 little direwolves on the run again
shaggydog's master got deceived and then there were three

3 little direwolves scattered in the North
Summer died as winter passed through and then there were two

2 little direwolves with their masters gone
Nymeria's pack got hunted down and then there were one

1 little direwolf alone in winter's snow
Ghost got blown by winds of unknown and then there were none

The only thing that makes me happy is that Summer died 1/on screen and 2/ fighting!

I would have loved for Summer to flee but the whole idea of this scene was to make everyone sacrifice him/herself for Bran, so it made sense....

But let me tell you, it was like a punch in the guts ;;;____;;;
I hate seeing animals dying, especially great beasts like direwolves.

Summer was my favorite on top of that, and all I want is for GRRM to release his book asap. Direwolves might die just the same but it's violent on screen, I'll bear it much better reading it.

In retrospect, if they really can't afford these CGI direwolves and that's why they've hardly shown/killed off, they probably should've just had them be normal wolves and that's it. Lot of people would've complained but at least we would've had more of them on screen.

4 hours ago, tmug said:

On a rewatch of this recent episode, I think Jon is privy to Sansa's 'game'. The way he looks in her direction while planning their move at the map. The way he looks at her after she "happily" gives him the new cloak she made. I get the feeling that he was starting to get suspicious of her. That heartwarming reunion feeling we had from them in the last episode are obviously gone, more so because there never was a relationship between the two characters as opposed to Jon and Ayra's close bond from the very beginning of this story.

My sentiments exactly.

Jon is starting to see Sansa immersing herself in the game now, and becoming aware that he is nothing but a tool to her, a means to gain power. It doesn't help that Little Finger is still planting seeds in her mind, reminding her that it's her "half-brother's" army, not her army, that will be taking Winterfell. Would Sansa really hand over Winterfell to Jon? Her half-brother who she never really cared for until now? She's already lying to him...

And then there's the parallel with the theatre in Bravos. Arya having to kill the actress who plays Cercei, so that the younger actress who plays Sansa can rise in the ranks of power in the theatre. 

Anyone else thinks this will end badly for Sansa? Or is it just me over analysing?

I really wonder how (even whether) Nymeria will reappear in the show.

In the books,

Spoiler

she is leading the mother of all wolf-packs and GRRM has said that you don't create the mother of all wolf-packs without having them kick the odd arse and take an occasional name.  Arya can warg into her even across the sea so not only entirely plausible that they'd meet up when she returns to Westeros but almost inevitable, unless she just operates her by remote control all the time, which would be a bit, well, lame.

Neither of those two things hold true in the show. 

Spoiler

If they were going to have Arya warg they'd have done it when she was blind, surely - be a bit odd that she didn't warg then if she suddenly starts doing it later.

So assuming they do meet up it might all be a bit meh.  Hope I'm wrong on that...

2 hours ago, tinka10 said:

Anyone else thinks this will end badly for Sansa? Or is it just me over analysing?

I got this feeling, as well. She's manipulating people, and probably putting them in danger as a result. The issue is that she herself is still being manipulated by LF. My guess is that the Blackfish is still AWOL and Riverrun is still under siege. LF knows that she'll send Brienne as her emissary, thus leaving herself unprotected (to a degree).

Although, to be fair, being a pawn hasn't really worked out for Sansa, so maybe this is just her fully coming out of her shell and being  leader? I don't know.

Starting to think the wolves really aren't significant at all. A friend just told me their only purpose might have been as a parallel when they are found. A stag killed the mother (or Ned) and left the pups (Stark kids) all orphaned and on their own.

This was upsetting, but what upsets me more, is they didn't get either Summer or Shaggydog a big scene around thier deaths. I know this show is 100mph right now, but some really really cool & important characters aren't getting the 'justice' of screen time for the deaths (Barristan Selmy one of them!).

Like the direwolves are magically, majestic creatures who are linked with their owners and they let Summer just jump into a pile of Others!??!?!? AAAAHHHhhhhhhh

Archived