Bloodraven is Bran?

SongOfTheStarks

Maybe it is a long shot and i still can't see the point of this theory but what if? Bran is not the only warg out there that exists, yet he is the only one who HAS to find the Three Eyed Raven. Next, when they were captured at Craster's Keep, Jojen told Bran 'You're not here, you're far away' and then he sees The tree. In this episode, Bran was touched by NK but he wasn't sure about it and the BR told him 'he touched you'. I don't know, but since Bran can go back and forward in time and obviously change things, why wouldn't this theory be possible. At this point i think everything is.

In the show, yes I believe you are right. In the book no, it is the bastard Targ.

Why yes? Asides from what you mentioned:

1) "You must become me." -3ER to Bran

2) paraphrasing "You can't kill the Raven, you are the Raven." Jojen to Bran (season 3 I think)

3 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:
"I could tell you the story about Brandon the Builder," Old Nan said. "That was always your favorite."

Thousands and thousands of years ago, Brandon the Builder had raised Winterfell, and some said the Wall. Bran knew the story, but it had never been his favorite. Maybe one of the other Brandons had liked that story. Sometimes Nan would talk to him as if he were her Brandon, the baby she had nursed all those years ago, and sometimes she confused him with his uncle Brandon, who was killed by the Mad King before Bran was even born. She had lived so long, Mother had told him once, that all the Brandon Starks had become one person in her head.

It's a stretch ... i posted the same quote, but in fact i think that passage is to show how insignificant Bran feels and how helpless he is.

4 hours ago, The_Flint said:

In the show, yes I believe you are right. In the book no, it is the bastard Targ.

Why yes? Asides from what you mentioned:

1) "You must become me." -3ER to Bran

2) paraphrasing "You can't kill the Raven, you are the Raven." Jojen to Bran (season 3 I think)

And if it's true, if they are the same person (Tv show), where are they going with that? What is the point of endless circle of Bran? Maybe i didn't see clues in the tv show, i don't know. It could mean that Bran can change events in the past but that is too good to be true, having in mind that GRRM is co-producing the show. He definitely has some connection with the white walkers but if he is 3ER why didn't he use his powers before to defeat him, etc. What do you think?

5 hours ago, SongOfTheStarks said:

Maybe it is a long shot and i still can't see the point of this theory but what if? Bran is not the only warg out there that exists, yet he is the only one who HAS to find the Three Eyed Raven. Next, when they were captured at Craster's Keep, Jojen told Bran 'You're not here, you're far away' and then he sees The tree. In this episode, Bran was touched by NK but he wasn't sure about it and the BR told him 'he touched you'. I don't know, but since Bran can go back and forward in time and obviously change things, why wouldn't this theory be possible. At this point i think everything is.

They are different people in the books and I don't see why it should change on the show. 

Bloodraven is Brynden Rivers, a rather famous (or infamous) Targaryen bastard.

1 hour ago, mediterraneo said:

Well, we don't know who the three eyed crow is in the books, to be fair.
If I recall correctly Bloodraven explicitly denies being him or it.

It's a fact that Bloodraven is Brynden is the three-eyed crow in the books. There's like half a dozen explicit details that prove that. 

3 hours ago, LifeRuiner said:

They are different people in the books and I don't see why it should change on the show. 

Bloodraven is Brynden Rivers, a rather famous (or infamous) Targaryen bastard.

Ok lol it has nothing to do with whether or not you see why it should change on the show, there's been plenty of things changed by the show nonsensically.

42 minutes ago, LifeRuiner said:

It's a fact that Bloodraven is Brynden is the three-eyed crow in the books. There's like half a dozen explicit details that prove that. 

Not the books

An albino, Brynden had milk white skin, long white hair, and red eyes. On the right side of his face he had a red winestain birthmark that extended from his throat up to his right cheek from which he earned his name Bloodraven, as the birth mark was said to look somewhat like a raven drawn in blood. However, Ser Duncan the Tall thought the birthmark just a splotch. According to George R. R. Martin it is more a suggestion of a raven shape, like an ink blot.

Brynden was not as tall or muscular as his half-brothers. He was a shade under six feet tall and very thin, gaunt, with a grim forbidding aspect and a sinister reputation as a sorcerer and spymaster. He typically wore the colors of "blood and smoke", with smoke being a dark grey that was mottled and streaked with black. Because his skin was sensitive to light, he usually went about cloaked and hooded. He was an expert bowman.

Brynden lost an eye during the First Blackfyre Rebellion and rarely covered the empty socket with a patch, preferring to display his scar and empty socket to the world. He wore his white hair straight and to his shoulders, with the front brushed forward to cover his missing eye.

As "Lord Bloodraven", Brynden was rumored to be a sinister sorcerer who effectively ruled the kingdom "with spies and spells". A popular riddle asked was, "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one".[8] The song "A Thousand Eyes, and One" was written about Brynden.

Brynden rose to the position of Lord Commander of the Night's Watch in 239 AC. However, he disappeared while ranging beyond the Wall in 252 AC.

7 minutes ago, Damon_Tor said:

Bloodraven uploaded himself INTO Bran. Or at least that's what he was trying to do when the walkers attacked. It's not clear yet how successful he was.

I'm betting he was pretty successful. Bran is still a teenaged boy, so he has a lot of unoccupied space in his head for Bloodraven to move into. :devil:

You guys are thinking too deeply into it with your "book" hats on.

The TV show is wrapping things up very, very quickly, and it only has 16-17 episodes total left.  There's no time for a time-traveling Bran or some weird paradox like that.

In the show, the 3ER was just a 1,000 year old dude, sitting in a tree, waiting to pass along his Warging abilities onto Bran.  I know we all want to believe it's more deep and complex like that (like in the books), but in the TV Show...it's not.  It really *is* that simple.  That's why there's no Green Dreams, No Bood Raven, and no other Wargs in the entire HBO Show.

In the books, GRRM will probably reveal that BR sent Hodor a Green Dream 30+ years ago, showing him his death in an effort to start the first "cog" in getting Bran over to him.  This Green Dream (for whatever reason) caused Walder to go mad.  But with no Green Dreams or Blood Raven in the show, they came up with an elaborate Insurgent-type of scenario to explain Hodors name, basically combining BR, Green Dreams, and Warging into a single person (Bran) and have a time-paradox explain how Walder became "Hodor".

26 minutes ago, SevasTra82 said:

You guys are thinking too deeply into it with your "book" hats on.

The TV show is wrapping things up very, very quickly, and it only has 16-17 episodes total left.  There's no time for a time-traveling Bran or some weird paradox like that.

In the show, the 3ER was just a 1,000 year old dude, sitting in a tree, waiting to pass along his Warging abilities onto Bran.  I know we all want to believe it's more deep and complex like that (like in the books), but in the TV Show...it's not.  It really *is* that simple.  That's why there's no Green Dreams, No Bood Raven, and no other Wargs in the entire HBO Show.

In the books, GRRM will probably reveal that BR sent Hodor a Green Dream 30+ years ago, showing him his death in an effort to start the first "cog" in getting Bran over to him.  This Green Dream (for whatever reason) caused Walder to go mad.  But with no Green Dreams or Blood Raven in the show, they came up with an elaborate Insurgent-type of scenario to explain Hodors name, basically combining BR, Green Dreams, and Warging into a single person (Bran) and have a time-paradox explain how Walder became "Hodor".

I am not sure if this would be in a book. This paradox - Bran scrambling the brains of Waldor/Wyllis completely accidently during big crisis, sounds so very GRRM. I doubt there will be an escape clause for Bran's guilt - like having BR doing it instead. 

However, now I can totally buy into a theory that BR was the one who drove Aerys crazy (him or Bran later on)

In the book Bran starts the order of the 3er in the past and they each train a replacement until it gets to Bran again, the latest 3er being Bloodraven. In the show they dispense with all the in between and just streamlined to Bran going to the past and surviving for a thousand years waiting for himself to be born.

1 hour ago, SevasTra82 said:

I know we all want to believe it's more deep and complex like that (like in the books), but in the TV Show...it's not.  It really *is* that simple.  That's why there's no Green Dreams, No Bood Raven, and no other Wargs in the entire HBO Show.

You seem to have forgotten about Orell.

I feel like people are confusing two concepts:

1. The ability to view (and perhaps influence) past events.

and

2. Time travel

They are not the same. Bran and the greenseer in the tree (3ER or Bloodraven or whatever) occupy the same physical space at the same time. They are both visible to everybody else around them. There's no magic here. Bran would have to travel back in time to become the 3ER to occupy the same physical space as himself later on. It's a big leap from what he's able to do now, and also an unnecessary and confusing leap.

They're different. Books and show. They're not the same person in either.

Archived