Dear Board : A thread for small things not worthy of a thread of their own.

Work has been awesome -- I didn't have a single client for a whole two days so I was able to get a lot of homework done (while getting paid, to boot). I hope the lull continues, te-he~~~~~!

I think my stomach is truly recovering from its ailment. I was concerned since it seems most people recover in 2-3 weeks on the meds I was given and I'm still unwell at week 4. I've had some food lust for the first time in months, and I feel like I'm able to eat more every week. 

1 hour ago, larrytheimp said:

In the middle of 14 straight days of work, all of which are 10 hour days with no overtime (seasonal employment).  I actually love going to work every day but this is a bit much.  I mean I love pizza but I don't eat it every meal.

goddamn, that is some weak-ass bullshit. 

On 2/16/2017 at 1:49 AM, Datepalm said:

At least they were fresh! I have found way more disgusting things lurking in office fridges...

The live mouse was enough for me.  I don't use fridges at work now at all,  even though the mouse one has been replaced. 

It's very nice out! Not pretty because the grass is yellow and brown, the trees are leafless, the snow clumps are dirty and melting, and it's overcast, but it feels good -- 50F. 

I also received an interview invitation call for a totally relevant-to-my-major-internship yesterday. A girl in my cohort did it last summer, and she spent an hour on the phone with me talking about it today. She actually remembered the questions she was asked on the first round interview, so I heard those and how she answered it. I think I can do the interview well, even if I don't have the same questions.

I'm finishing our basement, one section at a time. I've framed a section, put in electric outlets and 4 lights in the ceiling, on a dimmer switch. Had a professional electrician come out today to add a new breaker to the power box. Turned on the lights and they worked, and so did all the outlets.  I am ridiculously happy about this.  I love it when I actually manage to do things right.

*dances around happily*

16 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I'm finishing our basement, one section at a time. I've framed a section, put in electric outlets and 4 lights in the ceiling, on a dimmer switch. Had a professional electrician come out today to add a new breaker to the power box. Turned on the lights and they worked, and so did all the outlets.  I am ridiculously happy about this.  I love it when I actually manage to do things right.

*dances around happily*

That's awesome!!

8 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

So if there is more than one goose, they're called geese. I've just decided that if there is more than one moose, they should be called meese.

Soon you will be saying that the plural of noose is called neese!

Archived