Dear Board : A thread for small things not worthy of a thread of their own.

got over my weird anxiety and contacted the museum where i used to work and volunteer to have me back and surprise surprise they were totally lovely and friendly and seemed really happy with me asking to come back lmao im such an idiot and should have done this months ago

Head-desking so hard right now. I just casually asked someone in a Slack channel I'm in for a kind of data-for-social-good group about how he'd been using data in his work, since he mentioned something about political targeting. He was like '...'

Turns out he is the former Director of Data Science for the DNC in the 2016 election. I am an idiot, kill me now.

On 2/27/2017 at 1:55 AM, Buckwheat said:

Soon you will be saying that the plural of noose is called neese!

I always say neese whenever I'm using more than one noose at a time. Are you claiming the majority of people don't?

Edit: Careful. Ninja nurses usually have ulterior motives.

I had a dream that my roommate's cat, who I've bonded with, died. Two hours after waking, I watched an old news report about a vet who shot someone's missing cat with an arrow, killing it. She then showed a picture of herself holding up the dead cat on facebook, bragging about the kill. I actually cried watching the report, because I felt I was more easily able to imagine "what if that was my pet?" after the dream. What a horrible way to find your missing pet. 

Why do we have a "mark this forum as read" button? I just clicked it by accident. I cannot think of a context in which this function would be useful.

On second thought, maybe this should be in the Help forum. Ah well.

12 minutes ago, Arkhangel said:

Are you trying to tell me you don't work systematically through every post in every forum on this board every day?

What a strange world that would be ...I've been reading every single thing posted on these boards for the past 4 years 

:P

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Why do we have a "mark this forum as read" button? I just clicked it by accident. I cannot think of a context in which this function would be useful.

On second thought, maybe this should be in the Help forum. Ah well.

It's incredibly annoying because then you lose your place it whatever threads you've been posting in. I've made that mistake before, usually if I have a slow internet connection and the screen is jumpy

11 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It's incredibly annoying because then you lose your place it whatever threads you've been posting in. I've made that mistake before, usually if I have a slow internet connection and the screen is jumpy

yeah happens to me all the time on mobile 

45 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Yup, exactly. Or just threads you have been reading. It is very easily clickable by accident on mobile, as Theda says.

I'm feeling quite low today...just low energy, low mood - horrible weather outside - I feel aimless and bored and Ugly ...I'm feeling pretty ugly lately after not wrrying/thinking about that for awhile but my looks are really getting me down lately and I keep obsessing about my age for the first time ever???? Weird 

3 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I'm feeling quite low today...just low energy, low mood - horrible weather outside - I feel aimless and bored and Ugly ...I'm feeling pretty ugly lately after not wrrying/thinking about that for awhile but my looks are really getting me down lately and I keep obsessing about my age for the first time ever???? Weird 

How old are you?  Buy yourself a new outfit and go out with your best friend for drinks.  That will make you feel better, I guarantee it.  

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

How old are you?  Buy yourself a new outfit and go out with your best friend for drinks.  That will make you feel better, I guarantee it.  

I'm 22. I work every single weekend and all my friends work on the week days and I live in a pretty rural ish area at the moment. I'm learning to drive soon, volunteering, working and studying so I'm doing things to make life better I'm just feeling a bit down and frustrated and MISS THE CITY so much. 

I'm hopefully going for a night out in like...2 weeks so I have that to look forward to at least lmao 

3 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I'm 22. I work every single weekend and all my friends work on the week days and I live in a pretty rural ish area at the moment. I'm learning to drive soon, volunteering, working and studying so I'm doing things to make life better I'm just feeling a bit down and frustrated and MISS THE CITY so much. 

I'm hopefully going for a night out in like...2 weeks so I have that to look forward to at least lmao 

Trust me, do not obsess about your age until you turn 30!  I didn't know you recently moved, yes, you should absolutely learn to drive and get a license then you can go back to the city for excitement.  You could invite someone over maybe for a movie night and drinks that will cheer you up too I'm sure.

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

Trust me, do not obsess about your age until you turn 30!  I didn't know you recently moved, yes, you should absolutely learn to drive and get a license then you can go back to the city for excitement.  You could invite someone over maybe for a movie night and drinks that will cheer you up too I'm sure.

I've been here for over a year now! :( It's my parents house and I love them to bits and am really appreciative for them letting me come back and live here whilst I sort myself out but man this house is absolutely tiny and I can never invite anyone over :( just no room for anyone else lol I can't wait to move out - would break my heart if my mum ever read this but she won't lol i just need my own space now. I'm 23 next month and i've never worried about my age before but I don't want to be living with my parents forever!!! I feel like i'm wasting my 20s :( Anyway sorry lol just ranting - thanks :):)

Gotta stay positive and get myself some more experience volunteering; learn to drive then I can move back to the city or even a totally different city for a job and get a hobby and meet new people at meetups; god where I live now the public transport is absolutely atrocious...it's not a place to live if you're young...or don't drive lmao..

Nature walks always cheer me up. And staying away from the news!

I usually feel better also after I go on a cleaning organizing binge, but sometimes if I am really low energy, I don't have the energy for that, LOL.  Dude, you are 22, your twenties are just starting, but make the most of them, because you will NOT, I repeat NOT ever again in your life have the same level of energy as you do for the next 10 years.  

Archived