Dear Board : A thread for small things not worthy of a thread of their own.

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Nature walks always cheer me up. And staying away from the news!

I usually feel better also after I go on a cleaning organizing binge, but sometimes if I am really low energy, I don't have the energy for that, LOL.  Dude, you are 22, your twenties are just starting, but make the most of them, because you will NOT, I repeat NOT ever again in your life have the same level of energy as you do for the next 10 years.  

I went for a 7 mile walk yesterday lol - I didn't walk today actually...just very low energy...I usually walk quite a bit. I'm volunteering in a museum tomorrow though, I was doing it for 6 months then stopped for a few so im glad to be back there - gets me out of the house, doing something I'm interested in and being around people which will be good for me lol

Cheers:D:D

and i know !! lol that's why im trying to get into shape now and am trying to move to a city ASAP so i can go out and have fun and do lots of things lol!! 

Can someone explain the logic of rotating the clothes in the closet, so that the winter stuff is packed away when it gets warm and vice versa, when (and this is important) there is sufficient room in closet for both?  I nearly got into an argument with my wife, today, over what think is an unnecessary process.

27 minutes ago, Robin Of House Hill said:

Can someone explain the logic of rotating the clothes in the closet, so that the winter stuff is packed away when it gets warm and vice versa, when (and this is important) there is sufficient room in closet for both?  I nearly got into an argument with my wife, today, over what think is an unnecessary process.

oh my goodness people do this ???

i just have everything crumbled up in my closet and shoved in my wardrobe and often forget i own a piece of clothing until i, months and months later, find it at the back of my wardrobe and think ''this will do'' :lol:

I don't think it is a question of logic but personal style and preference.  A person should be able to manage one's wardrobe however she sees fit, whether it makes sense to anyone else or not.  In a shared closet there will probably need to be high level negotiations to achieve compromise and harmony but they need not be based on logic.

4 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

oh my goodness people do this ???

i just have everything crumbled up in my closet and shoved in my wardrobe and often forget i own a piece of clothing until i, months and months later, find it at the back of my wardrobe and think ''this will do'' :lol:

At least you venture into the wardrobe. I've been living off a rotation of clothes from the clothes horse as and when they are dried since just after Christmas. It's too much effort to put them away. Yes, I am truly that lazy (I do at least iron my clothes before wearing them...if needed)

21 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

At least you venture into the wardrobe. I've been living off a rotation of clothes from the clothes horse as and when they are dried since just after Christmas. It's too much effort to put them away. Yes, I am truly that lazy (I do at least iron my clothes before wearing them...if needed)

LOL I don't use the wardrobe!!! My clothes are all in a pile at the bottom of my bed!!! :lol: I don't even IRON THEM 

2 hours ago, litechick said:

I don't think it is a question of logic but personal style and preference.  A person should be able to manage one's wardrobe however she sees fit, whether it makes sense to anyone else or not.  In a shared closet there will probably need to be high level negotiations to achieve compromise and harmony but they need not be based on logic.

I gave up the idea of arguing about it.  I decide that saying, "okay swap out your stuff, but leave mine alone," would solve nothing, and might hinder domestic tranquility.

I don't get it either.  Especially with American closets.  These things are often so fucking huge that most people probably cant even fill it with all seasons of their clothes.  Or maybe that's just me.  I tend to really just enjoy the same few outfits over and over until they fall apart.  Needless to say there is no changing over of the seasonal clothes.  I just move summer clothes closer to the front and put the coats further to the back.  

I gave up on ironing a few months ago. Saves a lot of time. Also I prefer clothes to stay in the same location year round, I just reach into another drawer/part of the closet depending on the season. The only difference is the seasonal coat hanging close to the door.

Where else would you even put your clothing when it is not in use but the wardrobe?

On 11/03/2017 at 7:23 AM, Buckwheat said:

I gave up on ironing a few months ago. Saves a lot of time. Also I prefer clothes to stay in the same location year round, I just reach into another drawer/part of the closet depending on the season. The only difference is the seasonal coat hanging close to the door.

Where else would you even put your clothing when it is not in use but the wardrobe?

I own three shirts and two skirts that need regular ironing. I don't wear any of them and am considering donating the skirts at least to a charity shop. This is after giving away both my linen shirts the other year because they were too much trouble to iron properly...

There isn't enough room in my wardrobe for all my clothes so I rely on things staying in the laundry basket for long enough to rotate (plus jumpers dumped on my bedroom chair). We just washed too many clothes and they won't all fit. I need fewer clothes, but I can't decide what to get rid of.  Any advice?

56 minutes ago, Zoë Sumra said:

Any advice?

Put off your next laundry day by a bit, and then commit to getting rid of half/most/all of your remaining clean clothes.  Presumably these would mainly be all of the various items that you are least inclined to wear and thus most in need of retiring.

8 hours ago, Zoë Sumra said:

There isn't enough room in my wardrobe for all my clothes so I rely on things staying in the laundry basket for long enough to rotate (plus jumpers dumped on my bedroom chair). We just washed too many clothes and they won't all fit. I need fewer clothes, but I can't decide what to get rid of.  Any advice?

Buy another wardrobe. ;)

10 hours ago, Zoë Sumra said:

youtube and the rest of the internet are teeming with videos, tips and blogged experiences how to minimalize, improve etc. one's wardrobe or clean up the closet. Some of them are fairly straightforward, e.g. "triage": make three heaps of keep, give away, don't know, repeat procedure with don't know heap. Others include more subtle psychological or gamifying methods to make it easier.

11 hours ago, Zoë Sumra said:

I own three shirts and two skirts that need regular ironing. I don't wear any of them and am considering donating the skirts at least to a charity shop. This is after giving away both my linen shirts the other year because they were too much trouble to iron properly...

I'm in the same boat - it's my jumpers that take up the most room :( a wardrobe and a chest of drawers and I still have a big pile at the bottom of my bed lol 

Archived