When the CotF stabs the WW with a spear, it's completely ineffective.

Lord Commander Juke

32 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

Let's not complicate it people - I thought it was shown clearly that Leaf's spear didn't penetrate because of the armor. Meera hit exposed flesh.

:agree:  Obsidian is incredibly sharp, sharper than steel.  But, it is incredibly fragile, and the armor could have easily broken the first spear and protected its wearer.  Meera's spear obviously bypasses the White Walker's armor. 

55 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

Let's not complicate it people - I thought it was shown clearly that Leaf's spear didn't penetrate because of the armor. Meera hit exposed flesh.

Yeah that is pretty clear.

I mean if dragonglass just needs to touch the WW, the opposing armies might as well just crush it all into dust and launch a giant pile of it into the air created a dragonglass-dust storm and poof they are all gone... 

But Meera is pretty badass!

I think it became clear in that scene how exactly the Children of the Forest lost their wars against humanity all those years ago. For all their incredible sorcery and powerful magical weapons they simply cannot fight very well. 

The Child in question is supposedly hundreds of years old and yet she still doesn't use her spear any more competently than what you would expect from a member of a human peasant levy. Meera on the other hand quickly comes to the insight that her strike should be aimed at an unprotected part of the opponent rather than straight at his breastplate, and thus dispatches her enemy. 

Nice to get that loose end of the world building wrapped up. 

Archived