Will Benjen Stark be killed in this Ep?

Drogo_1

After watching poor Hodor be torn apart last week it left me wondering how the hell Bran & Meera have any chance of escaping the WW's & the North. I checked in on a few things and IMDB is showing that Joseph Mawle is in this episode (Benjen Stark). His IMDB does not list any other episodes as of yet. That being said it's led me to believe that he will somehow attempt to rescue Bran & Meera. My guess would be he shows up with mounts for them or something that would allow them to escape quickly. Since he is not being show in future episodes yet, at least according to http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1152798/

Can we expect to see him show up again for the 1st time since season 1 only to be brutally murdered by the WW's? On the other hand if IMDB is withholding any future episodes on his Bio until they get closer to airing do you think that perhaps he may return to castle black with Bran, Meera, only to be raised up to the new Lord Commander? If he does get back to castle black I imagine he will re-unite with Jon Snow and finally reveal his true lineage. Thoughts???????????

18 minutes ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

Again, IMDB has repeatedly had false castings and character returns, Stoneheart and Benjen multiple times. It almost means nothing to see someone on there before the show airs.

Agreed, I also saw that on IMDb, and I would say always take the cast list on IMDb with a grain of salt, particularly more than a week ahead. That said, the character on IMDb is listed as "Brother Beyond the Wall" so if they're trying to keep his identity within the show secret, surely they don't want further appearances on IMDb up weeks ahead of time. For what its worth, I agree, he's going to rescue Bran and Meera, he's the guy spinning the flaming mace in the trailers, and its not the place for theories of Jon's parentage, but I think he's going to be an important role in the show at least relating to that. Again if you trust the IMDb, we're going back to see more Tower of Joy next week.

9 minutes ago, darkstarforthethrone said:

Agreed, I also saw that on IMDb, and I would say always take the cast list on IMDb with a grain of salt, particularly more than a week ahead. That said, the character on IMDb is listed as "Brother Beyond the Wall" so if they're trying to keep his identity within the show secret, surely they don't want further appearances on IMDb up weeks ahead of time. For what its worth, I agree, he's going to rescue Bran and Meera, he's the guy spinning the flaming mace in the trailers, and its not the place for theories of Jon's parentage, but I think he's going to be an important role the show at least relating to that. Again if you trust the IMDb, we're going back to see more Tower of Joy next week.

The guy that plays young adult Ned spoiled that in an interview already so it's probably on point. He also said he's going to be in 6 and have something more substantial in episode 10. I'd guess we get a little bit more of Ned in the Tower of Joy and we get blue balled again right before the Lyanna reveal saving that for episode 10.

One further note on Benjen, is that he is named by Bran as Ned's little brother in Home, Ep 2 this season, when they're in Bran's first vision at Winterfell. If you're curious and again to point to IMDb, we see the same actor as Young Benjen in the flashback in The Door. One thing I can't exactly wrap my head around, was why we see Ned and Benjen again in this scene about Hodor, and at this particular spot with Ned leaving for the Vale? Again looking back to Ep 2, "who you going to spar with when Ned goes off to the Eyrie?" was the one line Young Lyanna gets, so perhaps adult Benjen references this event, or at least their childhood, in the next episode? To keep it on OP's original topic, I think the point here is that having the scenes of Young Ned and Benjen make it less likely he'll meet a quick end.

I believe we will see Benjen this week.  The trailers for the season showed Meera in a snowstorm being saved by a mounted person in black with some sort of fire weapon.

Whether this is show only to stand in for coldhands, who's to say?

3 hours ago, Drogo_1 said:

After watching poor Hodor be torn apart last week it left me wondering how the hell Bran & Meera have any chance of escaping the WW's & the North. I checked in on a few things and IMDB is showing that Joseph Mawle is in this episode (Benjen Stark). His IMDB does not list any other episodes as of yet. That being said it's led me to believe that he will somehow attempt to rescue Bran & Meera. My guess would be he shows up with mounts for them or something that would allow them to escape quickly. Since he is not being show in future episodes yet, at least according to http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1152798/

Can we expect to see him show up again for the 1st time since season 1 only to be brutally murdered by the WW's? On the other hand if IMDB is withholding any future episodes on his Bio until they get closer to airing do you think that perhaps he may return to castle black with Bran, Meera, only to be raised up to the new Lord Commander? If he does get back to castle black I imagine he will re-unite with Jon Snow and finally reveal his true lineage. Thoughts???????????

Great catch on IMDB.  They always do that and then HBO has to contact the site to get the information removed.  It also could be he is in the "Previously on Game of Thrones" sequence.  But I believe you are right and I have thought that for a while!  I hope he doesn't get murdered, I think he will be a guide back to the wall.  That is interesting that the wall needs a commander and he may be coming back into the fold.  How he would know about Jon's parentage escapes me, maybe you meant bran would inform Jon.  I don't think Bran knows yet and I don't think Jon will be back at the wall. 

every once in a while, IMDB lists Joseph Mawle cast as Benjen Stark for an upcoming episode and get people all excited just to later find out that he only appeared in the "previously" but not in the actual episode, and then eventually IMDB removes his name from the cast. Last time that happened was in episode 510 "mother's mercy" and they only called back for benjen stark so the viewers would remember who he was, when the night's watch brothers would mention him to jon as a bait for their FTW trap.

But he was always listed as playing Benjen Stark. this time it says he's playing "brother beyond the wall". so this time I don't think he'll just show up on the previous chapters recap.

also maybe "brother beyond the wall" is the show's name for coldhands or something.

that being said, I'll just go and leave this here.

http://i.imgur.com/TWFTMTv.jpg

2 hours ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

Again, IMDB has repeatedly had false castings and character returns, Stoneheart and Benjen multiple times. It almost means nothing to see someone on there before the show airs.

No they have not, whenever you have seen Joseph Mawle and Michelle Farily being credited on IMDB is when these characters show up in the "Previously on Game of Thrones"  you still get billing as an actor even if you are in those previous shots.  It has never been false, just people believed that meant they were coming back. 

2 hours ago, darkstarforthethrone said:

Agreed, I also saw that on IMDb, and I would say always take the cast list on IMDb with a grain of salt, particularly more than a week ahead. That said, the character on IMDb is listed as "Brother Beyond the Wall" so if they're trying to keep his identity within the show secret, surely they don't want further appearances on IMDb up weeks ahead of time. For what its worth, I agree, he's going to rescue Bran and Meera, he's the guy spinning the flaming mace in the trailers, and its not the place for theories of Jon's parentage, but I think he's going to be an important role in the show at least relating to that. Again if you trust the IMDb, we're going back to see more Tower of Joy next week.

IMDB has done this in the past to Michelle Fairly and Joseph Mawle - both times the character did show up in the Previously on Game of Thrones scenes before the beginning of the episode.  And yes I am pretty sure more ToJ was confirmed next week because of the guy playing Ned Stark.  It wasn't IMDB that gave that away, I am pretty sure it was the guy who played Arthur Dayne in a tweet. 

1 hour ago, Sezneg said:

I believe we will see Benjen this week.  The trailers for the season showed Meera in a snowstorm being saved by a mounted person in black with some sort of fire weapon.

Whether this is show only to stand in for coldhands, who's to say?

I didn't catch that in the preview.  Anything can happen, but for Benjen to show up out of nowhere seems way out of left field.  However, Coldhands finally showing up, having being sent from Bloodraven who foresaw the events of the cave, makes a lot more sense.  We now know that the COTF made the Others, so Coldhands being controlled by them/BR makes sense.  The only question it begs is why they can control ColdHands but not the Others.

37 minutes ago, WalkinDude said:

I didn't catch that in the preview.  Anything can happen, but for Benjen to show up out of nowhere seems way out of left field.  However, Coldhands finally showing up, having being sent from Bloodraven who foresaw the events of the cave, makes a lot more sense.  We now know that the COTF made the Others, so Coldhands being controlled by them/BR makes sense.  The only question it begs is why they can control ColdHands but not the Others.

Im not sure Benjin showing up is out of left field. Hes always been talked about and surely his story is not finished. They used him in the finale in S5 too as a reminder and weve had him in the flashbacks. So Im hoping he returns and we find out where and what hes been doing. 

It's going to be pretty lame if they kill him off as soon as he comes back without explaining how he has survived north of the Wall for so long and why he didn't go back to Castle Black.

On the other hand, knowing D&D, the explanations they may give for those answers may be even lamer, so maybe it would be a good idea to have him snuff it staight away after all.

Fans would shit themselves if who saves them is cold hands and cold hands is benjen stark . plus we know martin and d and d had  said it can't.Be benjin cold hands. But do recall reed was mentioned too and I'd think how land be worried about his kids and went looking.

Archived