Will Benjen Stark be killed in this Ep?

Drogo_1

10 hours ago, Forlong the Fat said:

Why?  Wildlings have lived north of the Wall for thousands of years without magical aid.

It is possible (indeed quite plausible) that he has been working with COTF and 3ER.  But I don't see how that's a prerequisite to his survival.

It's neither possible nor plausible.

18 hours ago, watcher of the night said:

It could be that Benjen was marked by the NK as well, and he knows that returning to the south of the wall would allow the NK to break the spell holding the wall.

But then why would Bran risk to return? I think he will find a compelling reason to return to the crypts of Winterfell even if it means the end of the wall.

My guess is that Bran will still be in Warg mode and Meera will unknowingly take him through the wall. And then Bran will wake and he'll know it's too late and the Nights King will bring down the wall. 

11 hours ago, ens362 said:

It's neither possible nor plausible.

That's quite a large claim without any backing. It's entirely possible AND plausible that he could've been helping 3ER.

On 5/23/2016 at 8:21 PM, Sezneg said:

I believe we will see Benjen this week.  The trailers for the season showed Meera in a snowstorm being saved by a mounted person in black with some sort of fire weapon.

Whether this is show only to stand in for coldhands, who's to say?

I'm totally inclined to believe that Benjen will substitute Coldhands from the books, although I seem to recall I read somewhere that George confirmed that Coldhands is not Benjen.  However, merging both stories would suit the show in terms of streamlining.

On 5/24/2016 at 11:43 AM, sj4iy said:

I'm guessing we get backstory on Lyanna in episode 6 and then get the rest of the ToJ in episode 10.  I don't think we'll get the ToJ next episode.

Fair, but how would Bran know to go there? Did BR DL a list of places to visit? I presume Bran can chose where he goes, so why would he chose to see Harrenhal? 

On 5/26/2016 at 8:58 PM, Ludo Kressh said:

It would be pretty lame but don't put it past them; after all they killed off Osha in the next episode she appeared in after her re-introduction after being gone for over 2 seasons.

True, but they brought her back as a captive to one of the most sadistic human beings in Westeros. 

If it is Benjen, he obviously collected information since his departure in GoT and will likely need to hand it over. Why would he go back out? What use is he north of the wall?

On 5/28/2016 at 9:30 PM, Forlong the Fat said:

Not possible? He's been doing something up there all this time. And if he isn't, it would be a tremendous coincidence for him to arrive to save Bran. 

I suspect that he has been tailing the Other's...If that is even possible. 

4 hours ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

True, but they brought her back as a captive to one of the most sadistic human beings in Westeros. 

If it is Benjen, he obviously collected information since his departure in GoT and will likely need to hand it over. Why would he go back out? What use is he north of the wall?

True, he's been ranging in one of the most dangerous parts of the country and managed to keep incognito all this time... but then his powerful greenseeing nephew comes along with thousands of wights and a handful of Others on his tail. I don't think he'll die right away, but he may die on the way back to where ever they are going.

12 hours ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

Fair, but how would Bran know to go there? Did BR DL a list of places to visit? I presume Bran can chose where he goes, so why would he chose to see Harrenhal? 

He's spent the past two season with the 3ER.  Surely he's learned something by now.  And he wanted to know what's in that tower, so I would assume he knows how to get back there.  Or it's just a coincidence, who knows.  But Bran has to go back there because he's the only one who can.

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 3:22 AM, Morgana Lannister said:

I'm totally inclined to believe that Benjen will substitute Coldhands from the books, although I seem to recall I read somewhere that George confirmed that Coldhands is not Benjen.  However, merging both stories would suit the show in terms of streamlining.

I read that too.  But he also said that Catelyn Stark is dead and Lady Stoneheart isn't really Catelyn Stark from before.  So he may have just been messing with everyone as Benjen = Coldhands seems to obvious.

I actually hope that they find Benjen dead.  Because there is no logical explanation, other than imprisonment, why Benjen would intentionally stay away from the Wall.  He isn't stupid and wouldn't go it alone or try and be a hero.

23 hours ago, sj4iy said:

He's spent the past two season with the 3ER.  Surely he's learned something by now.  And he wanted to know what's in that tower, so I would assume he knows how to get back there.  Or it's just a coincidence, who knows.  But Bran has to go back there because he's the only one who can.

Oh I agree. I was just curious what would coax Bran in choosing to see Harrenhal and Lyanna's backstory. I don't recall any mention of it, but perhaps we just assume that Bran has heard of it? I guess my question is, out of all the things, what would make Bran want to see a tourney? Unless of course it comes after the ToJ scene, and bran wants to learn more. I presume Bran would want to see the ToJ instead of what came before. 

12 minutes ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

Oh I agree. I was just curious what would coax Bran in choosing to see Harrenhal and Lyanna's backstory. I don't recall any mention of it, but perhaps we just assume that Bran has heard of it? I guess my question is, out of all the things, what would make Bran want to see a tourney? Unless of course it comes after the ToJ scene, and bran wants to learn more. I presume Bran would want to see the ToJ instead of what came before. 

My guess is maybe Bran doesn't quite have control over his visions yet?

That maybe in that frantic final few minutes with the three-eyed raven, the 3ER uploaded some of those crucial scenes to Bran, who now has access to them, but not much control of how to do it?

I could see scenarios where Bran just randomly falls into his greensight visions, that take him to the ToJ, or Harrenhal, or even the Mad King's death - not being able to control what he sees or what visions he travels to, just yet. 

Or maybe it's exposition from Benjen that influences where Bran looks. 

One of those 2 scenarios make sense to me. 

24 minutes ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

I don't think we see the tourney...we already know that information, it would do no good to rehash it.  I think we will only see the Tower of Joy.

13 minutes ago, sj4iy said:

I don't think we see the tourney...we already know that information, it would do no good to rehash it.  I think we will only see the Tower of Joy.

We already know about the sack of King's Landing too, and it appears as though we are going to see that at some point.

Archived