The Kingsmoot

thegreenmanalishi83

I was quite disappointed with Euron. He seemed less like a feared pirate who did a bunch of terrible things and perceived terrible things and was mysterious and also quite a bit mad....instead he seemed kinda like a drunken frat boy gloating about his cock.

I will say though; Theon's got a knack for speeches. 

I think it would be really cool if they took all those ships and went to support the North or something but I doubt that would happen. But I'm not sure what else they'd do. Probably just planning to get the fuck out of dodge.

I did laugh when they were like "Fuck this, let's get outta here" and stole all the ships. I just didn't expect it. Was it just me or do a lot more people support Yara than Euron? Because they took a shitton of ships...and there were maybe 20 people with Euron.

Either way; Iron Islands and Dorne have not been given their due in this show. It has not made me very happy. 

On May 28, 2016 at 11:41 PM, Pandean said:

I was quite disappointed with Euron. He seemed less like a feared pirate who did a bunch of terrible things and perceived terrible things and was mysterious and also quite a bit mad....instead he seemed kinda like a drunken frat boy gloating about his cock.

I will say though; Theon's got a knack for speeches. 

I think it would be really cool if they took all those ships and went to support the North or something but I doubt that would happen. But I'm not sure what else they'd do. Probably just planning to get the fuck out of dodge.

I did laugh when they were like "Fuck this, let's get outta here" and stole all the ships. I just didn't expect it. Was it just me or do a lot more people support Yara than Euron? Because they took a shitton of ships...and there were maybe 20 people with Euron.

Either way; Iron Islands and Dorne have not been given their due in this show. It has not made me very happy. 

What's up savant?  I agree that Theon's speech was easily the best of the three and Euron took a major step back after the awesome bridge to nowhere scene. He seemed much less sinister at the kingsmoot. They missed an opportunity by not introducing the Dragon horn.  And I think that Yara & Theon are going to Dany themselves. Euron basically stole her idea. Why not steal his. His last line of the kingsmoot was his best though. 'I wasn't born to be a king. I payed the iron price..."  Definitely fits with the iron born culture. 

Second rate story-lines will be treated as such in the show. Although it is kind of sad they didn't put in some effort into Euron. At least give him a more 'flamboyant' appearance, blue lips or whatever (which we had in Season 1 or 2 with Warlocks of Qarth). Instead we get another bland, bearded white dude with an accent. 

I don't know the logistics behind the show so maybe a big horn, chests filled with turnips and some different outfits would've put them over-budget. Maybe some better writing? All you have to do at this point is literally copy and cut down on already existing dialogue, so I don't really get the decision of revamping the whole thing. Personally I feel if we got a TV adaptation of what happened in the books at the Kingsmoot, both book readers and non-readers would've been excited by the prospect of getting something new and refreshing, but I guess you have to assume your core audience is dumb as bricks to make that dolla. Maybe the show-runners hate Euron just like they hated Stannis and feel justified in ruining that storyline or maybe they are actually going somewhere interesting, but I wouldn't count on it.

Just spit-balling here.

Archived