HBO Episode Teaser - I am so sorry

At the beginning Meera and Bran are chased by the white walkers and it sounds like she is bending over Bran, crying and says "I am so sorry".

Is she leaving him with the white walkers? I mean she already did it once, when she had to leave Jojen and leaving Bran might be the only chance to survive.

7 hours ago, Angrivarius said:

At the beginning Meera and Bran are chased by the white walkers and it sounds like she is bending over Bran, crying and says "I am so sorry".

Is she leaving him with the white walkers? I mean she already did it once, when she had to leave Jojen and leaving Bran might be the only chance to survive.

She struggles in dragging him over i think, and maybe says the words because she can't protect him anymore.

2 minutes ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

It's clearly Meeras voice. They have wights chasing them...she obviously can't outrun them pulling Brans sled. She probably despairs and at the last minute the guy on horse with the flaming weapon attacking wights from the trailer appears. Benjen.

Spoiler

Confirmed, it's Benjan. Actor who play Benjan returning this episode as Brother beyond the Wall.

It's Meera's voice - I think she is going to dump Bran and run.

From there, either I think we won't find out what happens to Bran until the next episode or later or the Benjen rumour could finally be true. how cool would it be if Benjen appeared, with bright blue eyes, picks Bran up and walks him towards the Nights King, with all the zombies stepping aside. Time for another Stark to join the forces of winter, kind of thing.

Benjens re-appearance really intrigues me.  Will he still be a human?  Did HBO do some sort of Coldhands/Benjen story merge?  Why is he still hanging around North of the wall and not returning to the watch?

So many questions...

1 hour ago, Cragen said:
  Hide contents

Confirmed, it's Benjan. Actor who play Benjan returning this episode as Brother beyond the Wall.

It's not confirmed. It say it on IMDB, who has continually been wrong over the years...they've had Lady Stoneheart AND Benjen on there several times. That doesn't mean it's not true however.

14 minutes ago, SevasTra82 said:

Benjens re-appearance really intrigues me.  Will he still be a human?  Did HBO do some sort of Coldhands/Benjen story merge?  Why is he still hanging around North of the wall and not returning to the watch?

So many questions...

"I'm the First Ranger, my job is out there."

Decent article, as well as the screenshot of the scene from the trailer.

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/133679/benjen-stark-return-game-thrones

16 minutes ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

It's not confirmed. It say it on IMDB, who has continually been wrong over the years...they've had Lady Stoneheart AND Benjen on there several times. That doesn't mean it's not true however.

Yes , but previously they are been in cast as themselves, now we have Brother beyond the Wall. They need someone to help Meera and Bran, he is only character that make sense, plus man in trailer.

Tell you what though - Horn Hill looks like an awesome Castle. Randyll Tarly has always been one of my favourite "yet to meet" characters. Really looking forward to meeting him. (I am a 100% Targaryen loyalist, so Lord Tarly has a special place in my heart).

As far as we know, there's no Coldhands on the show so I'm guessing it's really Benjen who comes for Bran and Meera's rescue. If Bran is conscious, they might talk and we may know what happened to him, but if Bran's still on that comatose state, Benjen might just identify himself to Meera and we won't know yet what happened.
I don't think he'll be back as Coldhands because GRRM has said they're not the same person unless they do it just for the show. Though I don't think this makes any sense, I only consider this because I read some place else that the guy who does prosthetics for the show said that D&D wanted to do something for a long time that was supposed to be on season 4 but they had to drop. The biggest canditates for that would be Coldhands or Lady Stoneheart but it might be something completely different.

What I'm interested to know is who will rescue them on the book. If it's Coldhands, where does Benjen stand? If it's Benjen, will we get an explanation on who CH is/was and his purpose? As much as I like CH, I feel as though the character has served its purpose already so I'm inclined to believe either way, it will be Benjen.

Also, the show usually explains things superficially, so I don't see a reason why they would present Coldhands because I don't see him being relevant to the story the show wants to tell.

2 hours ago, Cragen said:

Yes , but previously they are been in cast as themselves, now we have Brother beyond the Wall. They need someone to help Meera and Bran, he is only character that make sense, plus man in trailer.

Michelle Fairley was added to IMDB as "hooded woman" last season or the one before. That doesn't mean it won't happen, but IMDB should be taken with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Quite sure it is Bran, I reckon it is him talking to Hodor

Think the flaming Ball guy is Benjen, but he'll ride in as Coldhandsesue as a homage to Coldhands who will be the one to whisk them away from the Cave in the books perhaps

Thing is, we got Ollie talking about Benjen last season, plus he has appeared in the WF flashbacks (unlike older brother and heir Brandon) which to me suggests he's coming back into it

2 hours ago, Johnimus said:

Tell you what though - Horn Hill looks like an awesome Castle. Randyll Tarly has always been one of my favourite "yet to meet" characters. Really looking forward to meeting him. (I am a 100% Targaryen loyalist, so Lord Tarly has a special place in my heart).

Was that Horn Hill or Oldtown or Highgarden? It looked AWFULLY HUGE to be Horn Hill. I would have guessed Highgarden, which is plausible given it's proximity to Horn Hill - they might have gone upriver there and then down to Horn Hill. Or it could be Oldtown and they are cruising by on their way to Horn Hill. Either way, not realistic to be Horn Hill.  

To me it was clearly Meera. I think they wights caught on to them and she despaired realizing she wouldn't be able to fight them off or drag Bran to safety. But then fire guy comes to save the day.

I think it's gonna be Benjen alright, but that's probably just because I'm dying to know wtf he's been up to in the far north, even if it has nothing to do with what's gonna happen in the books.

Also, from the preview I got the sense that Bran was still in a vision. Could it be that with BR killed and him being dragged out of the weirwood in the middle of a vision he's having trouble coming back?

Was that Horn Hill or Oldtown or Highgarden? It looked AWFULLY HUGE to be Horn Hill. I would have guessed Highgarden, which is plausible given it's proximity to Horn Hill - they might have gone upriver there and then down to Horn Hill. Or it could be Oldtown and they are cruising by on their way to Horn Hill. Either way, not realistic to be Horn Hill.  

Perhaps that just means that Highgarden is that much more awesome. It's actually the castle I long to see the most, both on TV and in the books.

I think it's Meera's voice saying "I'm sorry" and my guess is that she is saying it because she can't drag Bran and outrun the wights, so that's when the guy with the fire comes in.

It would be cool if he was Benjen, but how could it be him after so long? If he knew about the WW all this time, then why didn't he go back to Castle Black before to warn the Night's Watch?

Archived