HBO Episode Teaser - I am so sorry

I can't tell whose voice it is, but when I watched it my first time my first thought was Lyanna from another vision. Outside of that Bran dealing with what he had done to Hodor makes more sense than Meera.

A little off topic but it applies to the teaser. Does Jamie say "He" or "She" has ripped our family apart in the preview?  If it's he, Jamie's clearly talking about the High Sparrow. If it's she, then he must be talking about the Queen of Thorns. Thus the Secret the HS told Tommen was that Oleanna poisoned Joffrey (maybe learned from Loras) and Cersei is setting up the Tyrells to wipe out the sparrows and then the Lannisters swoop in and finish off the winner?  Sorry to jump off topic. 

44 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

A little off topic but it applies to the teaser. Does Jamie say "He" or "She" has ripped our family apart in the preview?  If it's he, Jamie's clearly talking about the High Sparrow. If it's she, then he must be talking about the Queen of Thorns. Thus the Secret the HS told Tommen was that Oleanna poisoned Joffrey (maybe learned from Loras) and Cersei is setting up the Tyrells to wipe out the sparrows and then the Lannisters swoop in and finish off the winner?  Sorry to jump off topic. 

Sounds like he is saying "it has torn our family apart."

"It" has to refer to the death of Joffrey. I can't think of anything that has "torn apart" the Lannister family more than his murder. Tyrion was accused of the death of Joffrey, which led to Tyrion's estrangement from the family and his murder of Tywin Lannister. Also, Oberyn Martell died during Tyrion's trial by combat, which indirectly led to the murder of Myrcella.

The actions of the High Sparrow may have shamed Cersei, but nothing that the Faith Militant has done in any way compares to that.

What is confusing to me is that the clip shows Jaime at the front steps of the Great Sept while Margery is to start her walk of shame. I don't see why he would be there if the plan is to ambush the Tyrell army.

40 minutes ago, Darren Allen said:

Sounds like he is saying "it has torn our family apart."

"It" has to refer to the death of Joffrey. I can't think of anything that has "torn apart" the Lannister family more than his murder. Tyrion was accused of the death of Joffrey, which led to Tyrion's estrangement from the family and his murder of Tywin Lannister. Also, Oberyn Martell died during Tyrion's trial by combat, which indirectly led to the murder of Myrcella.

The actions of the High Sparrow may have shamed Cersei, but nothing that the Faith Militant has done in any way compares to that.

What is confusing to me is that the clip shows Jaime at the front steps of the Great Sept while Margery is to start her walk of shame. I don't see why he would be there if the plan is to ambush the Tyrell army.

I don't think it's an immediate ambush but more of let them kill each other off. If the opening is there to finish the victor they'll seize it. At the worst, it looks like the Tyrells attacked the Faith so Cersei and the Lannisters gain good PR with the people. I personally think the HS is playing Cersei though.  She did just what he expected. There was never gonna be a walk of shame. He's gonna present King Tommen and Queen Margaery as new converts to the Faith. Jamie's jaw hits the floor and the HS smiles. Because now he's got the ear of the King and Queen and conveniently the largest army remaining in Westeros right there in Kings Landing. Check. Your move Cersei...

Yeah, watched the episode and teaser again last night and replayed this part a few times. Meera is on her knees over Bran who appears to still be in a warg state and I am sure she says I'm sorry.

12 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I don't think it's an immediate ambush but more of let them kill each other off. If the opening is there to finish the victor they'll seize it. At the worst, it looks like the Tyrells attacked the Faith so Cersei and the Lannisters gain good PR with the people. I personally think the HS is playing Cersei though.  She did just what he expected. There was never gonna be a walk of shame. He's gonna present King Tommen and Queen Margaery as new converts to the Faith. Jamie's jaw hits the floor and the HS smiles. Because now he's got the ear of the King and Queen and conveniently the largest army remaining in Westeros right there in Kings Landing. Check. Your move Cersei...

Ooooooo! What all of you are saying about KL would make that storyline pick right up! It's been much ado about nothing for a while, imho. Any of the players turning on another right on the steps would be spectacular! I expect the folks of KL will have brought their popcorn and will just collectively sit down and start munching once all the armies are in place.

On 5/24/2016 at 7:59 PM, jbob said:

If it's

Hide contents

Benjen

who saves them, how do they/he justify being absent for so long?

In last week's episode the Night's King marked Bran by grabbing his arm, which allowed him to then break the magical spell / barrier around the cave due to Bran's presence in the cave while being marked. I think this gives us a hint around a.) how the wall and the magic protecting it will be brought down and b.) a potential reason why Benjen hasn't returned to Castle Black / anywhere south of the Wall. Perhaps Benjen, in his years north of the Wall, has been marked by the Night's King (can any WW "mark" someone?) and thus has not returned in fear of making the Wall vulnerable. Whether Benjen has survived normally or is some sort of undead, I can't think of any reason he wouldn't return to help the NW or the Starks other than being marked and not wanting to give the WW a free path south. Of course this is assuming Benjen is still a "good" character and has not allied with / become a WW.

On May 24, 2016 at 5:59 PM, jbob said:

If it's

Reveal hidden contents

Benjen

who saves them, how do they/he justify being absent for so long?

Why would they have to?  George has his reasons, and sometimes those reasons are that we will never know for sure. For example, we may never understand how resurrection works at all, let alone why Beric and Catelyn and Jon were all brought back without turning them into zombies.

This could well be another one of those times. We just accept it and move on.  Maybe it won't be fifty years till at last somebody will figure it out, especially if knowing that answer isn't critical to the plot.

4 hours ago, mjc5156 said:

In last week's episode the Night's King marked Bran by grabbing his arm, which allowed him to then break the magical spell / barrier around the cave due to Bran's presence in the cave while being marked. I think this gives us a hint around a.) how the wall and the magic protecting it will be brought down and b.) a potential reason why Benjen hasn't returned to Castle Black / anywhere south of the Wall. Perhaps Benjen, in his years north of the Wall, has been marked by the Night's King (can any WW "mark" someone?) and thus has not returned in fear of making the Wall vulnerable. Whether Benjen has survived normally or is some sort of undead, I can't think of any reason he wouldn't return to help the NW or the Starks other than being marked and not wanting to give the WW a free path south. Of course this is assuming Benjen is still a "good" character and has not allied with / become a WW.

How would he know about all that? Unless someone lie the 3ER told him or something.

3 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Why would they have to?  George has his reasons, and sometimes those reasons are that we will never know for sure. For example, we may never understand how resurrection works at all, let alone why Beric and Catelyn and Jon were all brought back without turning them into zombies.

This could well be another one of those times. We just accept it and move on.  Maybe it won't be fifty years till at last somebody will figure it out, especially if knowing that answer isn't critical to the plot.

There are mysteries, then there are bad mysteries. There's no reason to keep this one a mystery other than to hide a plothole. As I said, it makes him into a giant asshole. I'm not going to be thinking, "Yes! Benjen's alive!". I'll be thinking instead, "Gee what a selfish dick."

4 minutes ago, jbob said:

How would he know about all that? Unless someone lie the 3ER told him or something.

Not 100% sure how he would know about being marked and the implications, but it seems like he has survived alone north of the Wall for ~5 years, which is no small feat. I think we have to assume he has learned at least a few things about the goings on north of the Wall in order to have survived for so long, potentially even from Bloodraven as you said. I don't know exactly what he might have learned or how, but it doesn't seem completely impossible for him to have learned about the mark, and if so this would be a perfect explanation to his extended absence.

1 hour ago, jbob said:

There are mysteries, then there are bad mysteries. There's no reason to keep this one a mystery other than to hide a plothole. As I said, it makes him into a giant asshole. I'm not going to be thinking, "Yes! Benjen's alive!". I'll be thinking instead, "Gee what a selfish dick."

While I agree that it will be interesting to see what if anything the show says about this, just as it will be likewise interesting to see what if anything the book may someday say about it, I disagree that one’s personal satisfaction with whatever reason gets provided in the future in any way justifies such crude invective at so early a stage in our saga.  That song is not yet ended.

Whether you prefer the ancients' refrain of Call no man happy till he's dead or the moderns' It ain't over till the fat lady sings, it boils down to the same thing, for the proof of the pudding is in the eating and so you should defer judgement till all is said and done, and only then reconsider whether to regale us with plates of crunchy crudités served up with wild abandon and tasty dill dip.

On 5/24/2016 at 6:01 AM, Cragen said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Confirmed, it's Benjan. Actor who play Benjan returning this episode as Brother beyond the Wall.

I'm not saying that that is wrong necessarily regarding Benjen coming back I think it's entirely likely. But IMDb is not reliable or trustworthy. Anyone can edit articles and/or add characters and actors to episode pages. There's very little moderation and 9 times out of 10 the moderators do not give a rats ass about the quality or accuracy of articles. It isn't like Wikipedia where there are moderators and bots that make sure articles aren't vandalized. 

1 hour ago, Gomagoti said:

Bran's eyes are in warg mode in the trailer-who could he be warging?

My wild guess is that he's processing the massive download 3ER just gave him.  But it would be cool if he were warging wights to turn on one another.

On 24-5-2016 at 1:39 PM, White Harbors Wrath said:

It's not confirmed. It say it on IMDB, who has continually been wrong over the years...they've had Lady Stoneheart AND Benjen on there several times. That doesn't mean it's not true however.

IMBD isn't wrong though. A previously on GOT with them in it, is there appearance, since there is footage used, that means they get paid. 

I'm Sorry.... i let Hodor hold that Door. 

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 7:37 AM, FacelessManOf TheShire said:

FWIW I think it sounds more like Meera.

I'm more interested in the Kings Landing though, and the shit that's about top go down between the Crown and the Faith. I suspect the Faith comes out on top despite the apparent overwhelming advantage in numbers the Lannisters / Tyrells appear to have. Most likely Marge will be threatened leading to Tommen forcing troops to down pikes.

Also can't see how the Crown coming out on top would lead to the 'I choose violence' scene with Cersei and the Faith Militant Vs UnGregor.

As much as I hate the high Sparrow and would love to see him has his head squished by the mountain, I have a feeling that queen Marge will appear and announce she has converted to the Faith and tell the Tyrell army to lay down their arms. I don't see the HS subjecting his followers to a blood bath, even if he thinks they can win. I can hope though, and I actually want to be wrong.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:24 PM, jbob said:

I'm worried that it makes him into a total asshole. That's why I hated it when people said they wanted

Reveal hidden contents

The Ghost of Winterfell to be Benjen.

It makes him into a selfish asshole and ruins his character. Like people wanting Ned to still be alive and in hiding and just biding his time. So, Ned cowardly hiding as his family gets torn to shreds basically? Stupid. What I just thought of though is maybe have

Reveal hidden contents

Benjen be dead and Bloodraven warged into his mind just before he died. But there's a limit as to how long BR will stay as BR until his mind gets completely lost in there like wargs getting lost.

Depends on his reason, what if he is off training a group of COTF to aid In the defense of the WW invasion?

Archived