[Spoilers] Theory: Jon Snow on Iron Throne?

ryptarhearmeroar

Okay, so hear me out...

We all know the R + L = J theory, and this theory plays off of that. In the situation that Jon is Rhaegar Targaryen's son, this would make him next in line of House Targaryen. Daenerys Targaryen, who has been on this long quest to claim the throne that once belonged to her grandfather, had believed that she is the successor of her house. But what will Daenerys do once she finds out that there is another with a better claim to the Targaryen line of succession? I believe that Daenerys, being the proud Targaryen she is, will support him. Her armies, now with the addition of the Dothraki, can be used to get Jon to King's Landing. 

Now before this is all possible, we must analyze what Jon is doing now. He is on a mission to build an army for Sansa Stark, in order to take back Winterfell from Ramsay Bolton. I believe they will succeed in these efforts. Although, I do not think Sansa will be in charge of Winterfell, as she will most likely die, I hope. Either way, whether her or Rickon Stark take charge of Winterfell, the armies of the North will be back in Stark control. Sansa or Rickon are sure to support Jon in taking the throne.

The armies of the North, plus the armies of Daenerys Targaryen, will give Jon a huge advantage against whomever has the Iron Throne, whether it be the Lannisters or Tyrells. The show will end with Jon Targaryen taking the throne.

Many other events have to take place for this to happen... Including Yara and Theon Greyjoy taking back the Iron Islands from their Uncle and using their armies to support Jon as well (surely Theon will return to his former loyalties to the Starks). This will also stop their uncle from reaching Daenerys in his quest to marry her and control Westeros. Another thing that needs to occur is for Bran to discover the truth of Jon's parentage and let everyone know so this can kick off. Lastly, a lot of bad people have to die.. as we have all been anticipating.

That's it, please let me know your thoughts!

**UPDATE (after Season 6): With the newest occurrences in the Season 6 Finale, my theory grows stronger. With the heavy focus on Jon being recognized as a leader by the North, and the final reveal on his true parentage, it only makes sense for him to become King of Westeros. Bran is going to reveal that Jon is actually Lyanna's son. This gives Jon no claim to the North as he is a Targaryen.. Sansa or Arya are going to have to take charge. Bran is too busy being the Three Eyed Raven now so I don't think he will be taking any other titles.. One way or another, I believe that in the war to come, Daenerys will have some sort of revelation find a different purpose (or death) and Jon Targaryen will take the throne. Why else would this whole Jon's secret parentage thing even exist if it wasn't meant to lead towards some surprising conclusion. If he doesn't end up on the Throne then all the hype about who his parents are does nothing for the story.

***OTHER POSSIBILITY: With Tyrion Lannister now becoming Dany's Hand, it is possible that he will take the throne. This has been hinted in the past, when Varys asks Tyrion at King's Landing about his future aspirations, and Tryion entertains the throne as a possibility (he was mainly joking but still). Also, we have seen he knows how to manipulate people and he makes smart enough decisions that would make him a more capable leader than anyone else we have seen thus far. AND THINK OF THE PLOT TWIST THAT BAD ASS TYRION BECOMES KING. It would blow my mind. And I know the books have become kind of irrelevant, but in the very first book, 'A Game of Thrones,' one of my favorite lines is as follows: "When he opened the door, the light from within threw his shadow clear across the yard, and for just a moment Tyrion Lannister stood tall as a King." FORESHADOWING MUCH?!

Jon snow's claim is not better than Daenerys's cause he is bastard, even if he is not bastard its still debatable ,

King Aerys had 3 kid,

Prince heir Rhaegar  - jon snow's father,

Prince Viserys - whom Aerys made prince heir after Rhaegar died

Princess Daenerys -whom claim to throne comes from Viserys ,her brother

Daenerys Targaryen uses the title Princess of Dragonstone, as heir of Viserys Targaryen,

even though Rhaegar wasnt king, his sons would have better claim than king Aerys's kids, because this son of first son comes before second sons,

but King Aerys passed over Rhaegar's line of succession , and made Viserys line of succession kings line, he wasnt pleased with Rhaegar marrying non targaryen,Elia martell

Viserys was named his father's heir (passing over Rhaegar's infant son Aegon), and sent with his pregnant mother, Rhaella, to Dragonstone.After news of King Aerys's death and the deaths of Rhaegar's children in the Sack of King's Landing reached Dragonstone, Viserys was declared King

After Rhaegar died on the Trident, Prince Viserys Targaryen was apparently named heir to the throne by King Aerys II Targaryen, while Aegon was still alive. After Aerys's death Viserys was declared king on Dragonstone. Viserys would later name his sister Daenerys his heir, by declaring her to be the Princess of Dragonstone

Aegon is a son of Rhaegar Targaryen, who was himself the eldest son of Aerys II Targaryen, which would, under normal circumstances, place Aegon higher in the Targaryen succession line than both Viserys (Aerys II's second son) and Daenerys (the daughter of Aerys II). However, documents from the end of King Aerys II's reign give doubt to the fact that Aegon's claim is truly stronger

After her brother's death in Vaes Dothrak, Daenerys names herself a queen. If Aegon’s claim is a rightful one then the people of Westeros might see his claim as stronger than Daenerys's claim. Nevertheless, Daenerys is Queen of Meereen in her own right, having conquered the city and installed herself as ruler

rest of thing, i dont see it happening at all

There are some potential spoilers on reddit which may or may not be true that by the end of this season and end of Winds Jon will be king in the North and shortly afterwards learn R+L=J and that he is the rightful king of the seven kingdoms. This sort of twist could be good as I am sure Jon will be very torn about this having grown up a bastard, Dany will also not be happy which could be the second dance of dragons GRRM has referred too (of course it could be AEGON but he's not in the show so that seems unlikely).

My feeling is Jon most likely end on the throne and pick up the pieces after some how ending the dragons and white walkers threat.

The Iron Throne doesn't exist at the end of the series.  Spoilers suggest that 

Spoiler

Cersei burns down King's Landing this season.  

I think that the magic Throne itself which was forged by dragon fire is probably melted down to fight the White Walkers.  

As for Jon there are spoilers about Season 6 that he may be proclaimed King in the North by the Northern houses.  And it is based on his own merits and leadership rather than who he is related to. 

Jon will be king in the north.  Dany and Sansa will duke it out for the Iron Throne.  But it will be Sansa as Dany will immolate herself in a perfect storm of dragon fire to take down the white walker armies, and thus become the Greatest Martyr of all, and probably a god.

I think by the end of this season Jon's and Sansa's ways will drift apart. I think Jon will be respected and chosen as the King in The North or something like that. Sansa will be jealous because of that as she will want to get everything for herself. And she will go with LF. She always wanted to be a queen. Same as Margeary Tyrell. They are both every similar and I think both of them will have a bad ending. I hope to be wrong about Sansa regarding jealousy and going with LF but so far everything points in that direction. If that happens indeed I don't think Sansa will survive in the end of the series.

Show Jon would be terrible. Hes pretty useless as a leader he never once did anything particularly smart or noteworthy as Lord Commander for the night's watch.

On 5/24/2016 at 8:34 PM, WSmith84 said:

This seems to be show-related, so you will probably need to relocate the thread to the show section.

Yes i realized that, i am unsure how relocate posts

13 hours ago, kg1982 said:

The Iron Throne doesn't exist at the end of the series.  Spoilers suggest that 

Hide contents

Cersei burns down King's Landing this season.  

I think that the magic Throne itself which was forged by dragon fire is probably melted down to fight the White Walkers.  

As for Jon there are spoilers about Season 6 that he may be proclaimed King in the North by the Northern houses.  And it is based on his own merits and leadership rather than who he is related to. 

I am interested to know where that spoiler came from regarding Cersei burning down King's Landing.. I do find it possible that Jon becomes Kimg of the North as he has spent his whole career in the series in the North amd it could be  considered random for him to become King of Westeros as a whole.

10 hours ago, Zorral said:

Jon will be king in the north.  Dany and Sansa will duke it out for the Iron Throne.  But it will be Sansa as Dany will immolate herself in a perfect storm of dragon fire to take down the white walker armies, and thus become the Greatest Martyr of all, and probably a god.

I love the idea of Daenerys and her dragons taking down the white walkers... It makes perfect sense. But I can't see Sansa on the iron throne.. She just seems like one of those characters thats gonna die.

On 5/24/2016 at 2:21 AM, ryptarhearmeroar said:

The armies of the North, plus the armies of Daenerys Targaryen, will give Jon a huge advantage against whomever has the Iron Throne, whether it be the Lannisters or Tyrells. The show will end with Jon Targaryen taking the throne.

Jon will become the King in the North. When Dany arrives in Westeros it is more likely that they will fight against each other. The Tyrells and the Lannisters will almost be completely destroyed, Dany's only opposition would perhaps come from the North. She sees the Starks as usurpers and will not be happy with an independ Northern Stark Kingdom. 

12 hours ago, Zorral said:

Sansa has absolutely no claim to the throne of Westeros by herself. Why would places such as the Reach, the Stormlands, the Crownlands, the Westernlands and Dorne accept her as the ruler?

One way or another I see Daenerys trying to conquer North and Jon will have to gather all forces to oppose them. Daenerys is not some good girl who can be negotiated with because she thinks the World is hers by right. And if she knows that someone else like Jon has a better claim to the throne as example it won't change anything for her if Jon won't bow to her. And I don't see that. Jon lived with Wildlings and he can never bow to anyone anymore. The biggest problem I see here are dragons. The only way I can see the things happening is that Daenerys will try to burn Jon with her dragons and I don't see it working in the end.

That's the only way Daenerys can be convinced. It is only blood and fire for her. Unlike Jon she is not negotiator. She is a conqueror.

7 hours ago, ryptarhearmeroar said:

I am interested to know where that spoiler came from regarding Cersei burning down King's Landing.. I do find it possible that Jon becomes Kimg of the North as he has spent his whole career in the series in the North amd it could be  considered random for him to become King of Westeros as a whole.

There is an interview with Jonathan Pryce that hints at this. 

5 hours ago, Boudica said:

Jon will become the King in the North. When Dany arrives in Westeros it is more likely that they will fight against each other. The Tyrells and the Lannisters will almost be completely destroyed, Dany's only opposition would perhaps come from the North. She sees the Starks as usurpers and will not be happy with an independ Northern Stark Kingdom. 

Considering that the Wall is probably going to come down at some point and Westros is going to be facing a zombie ice person invasion, Jon is going to be more interested in saving Westros than playing politics.  And Tyrion would probably counsel Dany against doing anything rash against the North.  Dany needs allies, not to continue to antagonize the locals.

• 1 month later...

Archived