An Old Foe Makes a Comeback

- so says the synopsis.

Who is the Old Foe? Pyat Pree? Xaro Xhoan Daxos?

May be we will finally see the siege of Meereen and catch up with the books. I can not imagine Dany finally gathering that epic army and not destroying the slavers before sailing off to Westeros.

Frey is the smart money. It could be Sandor (I hope it is), but I think it's trying to purposefully trying mislead the Hypetrain into thinking it's him.

"makes a comeback" makes me thinking it could be Shae. GoT show wiki says she's in season 6 and comeback would definitely be more apt to describe a "dead" character than Walder Frey who hasn't left, just hasn't been show. Now that Tyrion is involved with Kinvara and R'Hollor, who knows what kind of magic tricks we may see.

1 hour ago, Khal Marx said:

Frey is the smart money. It could be Sandor (I hope it is), but I think it's trying to purposefully trying mislead the Hypetrain into thinking it's him.

"makes a comeback" makes me thinking it could be Shae. GoT show wiki says she's in season 6 and comeback would definitely be more apt to describe a "dead" character than Walder Frey who hasn't left, just hasn't been show. Now that Tyrion is involved with Kinvara and R'Hollor, who knows what kind of magic tricks we may see.

Walder Frey is obvious answer. Sandor is back in Broken Man

Was he in season 4? The last I remember him was the season 3 finale when he was talking with Roose.

9 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

How long has it been since we saw Walder Frey?  The season 4 premier?  20+ episodes, I guess that would make him an "old foe".  

2 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

You're right.  That's the scene I had in mind, just got the episode mixed up.  

Gotcha. I do think the old foe refers to him, especially since we saw him in the trailers.

old foe I think will be frey or possible shae, although I dont think shae is really viewed as "an old foe" I think the hound will appear in "the broken man" 

especially since 

Spoiler

ian mcshane said hes bringing someone back, its speculated (confirmed?) he will be septon meribald, annnnd meribald makes that epic "broken man" speech in the books. so this episode I dont think it'll be the hound. 

How would Walder Frey make a 'comeback'. To make a comeback would have to assume that he had been defeated previously would it not? He has not been defeated. Unless Ramsay Bolton has discarded him as an ally when he killed Walda & the baby? Thats actually very likely. Oh the irony if the Freys want to join with Sansa & Jon against the Boltons lol!!

I almost feel sorry for them.

17 hours ago, daemonTheBlack said:

- so says the synopsis.

Who is the Old Foe? Pyat Pree? Xaro Xhoan Daxos?

May be we will finally see the siege of Meereen and catch up with the books. I can not imagine Dany finally gathering that epic army and not destroying the slavers before sailing off to Westeros.

I'd love it to be this

Archived