Who is the best actor on the series?

Arya_Stormborn

On 27/5/2016 at 9:53 PM, Tijgy said:

My favorite is Alfie Allen who I really start to love during the last seasons. His performance for a real difficult role is really amazing. 

NCW, Lena Headey and Carice Van Houten are also doing very great work!

I am not really sure someone mentioned them but I also think Iain Glen's, Michelle Fairley's and Madden's work should not be overlooked. 

OH!! How could I forgot Ian Glein:wub:!!!!!

anyway...I think the question should be.....is there any bad actor in the show?

14 hours ago, INCBlackbird said:

I'm glad Alfie Allen is finally getting some love! His performance in season 2 was already amazing but after Ramsay did a number on him i've been especially impressed, the way he looks the way he's subtly shaking. That's  the good part, it's always subtle. Look at episode 5, he gave that great speech and on first glance, it looks like he's pretty much over what Ramsay did to him, but if you look closer he's just pretending to be strong, it's in his eyes. I have no clue how he does it but he does.... Give this man an emmy, please! That said, i'm a fan of character so I'm probably biased.

other performances that I really enjoy: Sofie Turner, Maisie Williams; NCW, Lena Heady, Peter Dinklage, Charles Dance, Conleth Hill, Michael McElhatton

Theon's speech was the best from Kingsmoot, along with Yara's recognising him as her brother again.

Peter Dinklage and Charles Dance (honorable mentions for Pedro Garcia - Oberyn, Conleth Hill - Varys, Liam Cunningham - Davos).

Lena Headey for the women (honorable mention for Diana RIgg - Olena Tyrell). I don't even know how one could put Sophie Turner on the list (yes she's beautiful but seriously as an actress she can't even tie Lena Headey's laceshoes and both Natalie Dormer and even Amelia Clark - whom I personally don't like - are way better than her; she's young so maybe she can improve but at the moment, she's not one of the best actresses on the show).

Kit Harington is not the best actor but he is good enough I think. Take into consideration that he has a very introvertal character to play, whose face does not give away his thoughts or emotions - and yet he gets accused of only having one face. For S2-3 I think his material was awful and he had to act in -40°C - which cannot be said about the Kings Landing cast.

And lastly, by doing his own stunts, he allows all the acion scenes to be shot just as needed, without several cuts in one second, and either too close or too far away, so the audience wont spot the stuntman doing the fighting. I actually hate the viper vs mountain fight because of that. You just can't see the fight properly.

2 hours ago, Arya Targaryen said:

Kit Harington is not the best actor but he is good enough I think. Take into consideration that he has a very introvertal character to play, whose face does not give away his thoughts or emotions - and yet he gets accused of only having one face. For S2-3 I think his material was awful and he had to act in -40°C - which cannot be said about the Kings Landing cast.

Pretty sure that was actually -40°F, which is much more impressive. :lmao:

Archived