The first appearance of grown Lyanna Stark

1 hour ago, Khal Marx said:

We don't know who's playing adult Lyanna, though, right?. I mean it's an open secret that Sandor Clegane is coming back but there has been no confirmed word that Rory McCann will be returning. They are pretty good at keeping stuff under wraps. Did we all know that we were going to be seeing Rickard Stark last episode? I thought that was a surprise. If they cast Rhaegar for 1 scene, I think they could keep that hidden.

ToJ was let out of the bag in the trailer, etc. They weren't trying to hide that they were using it to build hype.

I would be disappointed if they don't show the Tourney or something around it just because it provides such important context for events in the show and the R+L=J reveal won't mean as much without introducing Rhaegar first.

You make a good point.  Was that Brandon Stark in the flashback with Rickard as well?  

44 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

You make a good point.  Was that Brandon Stark in the flashback with Rickard as well?  

No. It looks like Ned hugging Benjen. Then Rodrick Cassell standing behind Rickard. With Benjen being shown this much, he has to return right?

6 hours ago, King Onion Knight said:

The actor already confirmed hes in episode 10..

Yep. He said he will be in the next ep for a brief scene and a longer one in ep 10. I dont think we are going to see Tourney at Harrenhal, Id be very surprised. I think they are only going to cover the basics - Lyanna refusing to marry Robert, Lyannas dying words etc. I would love to see Rhaegar but Im not getting my hopes up .....  

1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

No. It looks like Ned hugging Benjen. Then Rodrick Cassell standing behind Rickard. With Benjen being shown this much, he has to return right?

Oh I think so. Hes been mentioned continuously throughout this season and we were reminded of him last season via the traitor scene with Jon. So yeah, Im super keen to see him again and find out what hes been doing this whole time ! 

10 minutes ago, princess_snow said:

Yep. He said he will be in the next ep for a brief scene and a longer one in ep 10. I dont think we are going to see Tourney at Harrenhal, Id be very surprised. I think they are only going to cover the basics - Lyanna refusing to marry Robert, Lyannas dying words etc. I would love to see Rhaegar but Im not getting my hopes up .....  

I'd like to see the battle between Robert and Rhaegar.  That would be sweeeeet

8 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

I'd like to see the battle between Robert and Rhaegar.  That would be sweeeeet

Yes it def would. As would Harrenhal and the events up to and including Lyannas kidnapping. I just feel there isnt time re the show ,sadly. 

It seems to me it would be a shame to show us Lyanna and NOT also show us Rhaegar. They really need to sell the idea of this to the audience because it's notjust a surprise for the audience who Jon Snow's mother is, we always knew that was an answer we would get, the twist is that the reveal of the father isn't even a question you want the audience to have ASKED. Showing Rhaegar in these flashbacks will really help sell that and put it over. They should do that in episode 610, and make Rhaegar a mythic, larger than life character. They have one shot at doing this reveal, and it should go down as the key moment of the series.

Perhaps Jon will get an info dump from Bran at Winterfell, in the godswood or in the crypts.

6 hours ago, Big Daddy said:

It seems to me it would be a shame to show us Lyanna and NOT also show us Rhaegar. They really need to sell the idea of this to the audience because it's notjust a surprise for the audience who Jon Snow's mother is, we always knew that was an answer we would get, the twist is that the reveal of the father isn't even a question you want the audience to have ASKED. Showing Rhaegar in these flashbacks will really help sell that and put it over. They should do that in episode 610, and make Rhaegar a mythic, larger than life character. They have one shot at doing this reveal, and it should go down as the key moment of the series.

Perhaps Jon will get an info dump from Bran at Winterfell, in the godswood or in the crypts.

I completely agree.

Also, I've been saying that I think/hope we get Tourney of Harrenhal in this episode, but I guess it's also possible that we just see a little more of Tower of Joy next episode (like following Ned up the stairs this time to him finding Lyanna and baby Jon). But without it being clear who the baby is, in which case we would need context after the fact, presumably in episode 10 and hopefully Harrenhal or something Rhaegar-related, where we would see Rhaegar and Lyanna eloping. The show just needs that context. For anyone that's read the books or even talks with people who have read the books, they don't need that context, but when I talk to pure show watchers, it's clear that a huge number of people watching this just think Jon is a bastard and don't think twice about it.

Revealing that he's not a bastard is the easy part, though. Revealing that he's actually Ned's sister's kid will be a huge reveal and really powerful, which is why I think it's possible that will be the first reveal, giving everyone time to process that. But then you have another, probably bigger reveal, that not only is he not Ned's kid, but he's also the heir of a previous heir to the whole Iron Throne.

I think most of the people online discussing these things are so steeped in the book backstory that this doesn't seem that important, but from the show's perspective, I think it would be a huge failure not to flesh out the context here.

2 hours ago, Khal Marx said:

I completely agree.

Also, I've been saying that I think/hope we get Tourney of Harrenhal in this episode, but I guess it's also possible that we just see a little more of Tower of Joy next episode (like following Ned up the stairs this time to him finding Lyanna and baby Jon). But without it being clear who the baby is, in which case we would need context after the fact, presumably in episode 10 and hopefully Harrenhal or something Rhaegar-related, where we would see Rhaegar and Lyanna eloping. The show just needs that context. For anyone that's read the books or even talks with people who have read the books, they don't need that context, but when I talk to pure show watchers, it's clear that a huge number of people watching this just think Jon is a bastard and don't think twice about it.

Revealing that he's not a bastard is the easy part, though. Revealing that he's actually Ned's sister's kid will be a huge reveal and really powerful, which is why I think it's possible that will be the first reveal, giving everyone time to process that. But then you have another, probably bigger reveal, that not only is he not Ned's kid, but he's also the heir of a previous heir to the whole Iron Throne.

I think most of the people online discussing these things are so steeped in the book backstory that this doesn't seem that important, but from the show's perspective, I think it would be a huge failure not to flesh out the context here.

Wait, isn't he still a bastard?  Or is being a bastard just a cross between high born and low born.  I thought it was just a child born out of wedlock.  But they are both noble so maybe that wouldn't make him a bastard?  

33 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Wait, isn't he still a bastard?  Or is being a bastard just a cross between high born and low born.  I thought it was just a child born out of wedlock.  But they are both noble so maybe that wouldn't make him a bastard?  

Not if Rhaegar and Lyanna were married in secret...

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:42 PM, White lilly said:

But a tourney is huge and outoors. I think they could even hide it. I just see them simplifying but just having two characters talking.

It would only need to be inside whatever walls are still left of Harrenhal, and it doesn't need to be a full tourney... just perhaps Rhaegar unhorsing Barristan, or implying as such... therefore winning it (if he's in it at all), cut to him presenting her with the crown proclaiming her the Queen of Love and Beauty on horseback... or back that up a few days, and it's the Knight of the Laughing Tree, Lyanna only, doing so... either way, it can be a closed set, easily.  Some stunt doubles riding horses can just be some guys practicing for a Renaissance Fair for all anyone knows, without having the eyes of someone looking for identifiable marks.

To put that into perspective... the battle for Winterfell is outdoors, right outside an actual town requiring no backpacking or mountain climbing.  No greatly telling photos exist - just ones of set pieces, only second hand accounts that someone saw Sophie Turner at the filming, and shots from inside the town of smoke rising above some trees when they actually were filming.

50 minutes ago, KINGpanther said:

Could the title "Blood of my blood" a Dany centric refrence refer to R+L=J reveal?

I do not think we will get a reveal this episode. Probably the lead up to the main reveal in the season finale. 

1 hour ago, KINGpanther said:

Could the title "Blood of my blood" a Dany centric refrence refer to R+L=J reveal?

I highly doubt it. Every episode so far this season has derived it's name from the dialogue I highly doubt that the title is going to be very telling. It probably is what most people think it is, which is what one of the bloodriders will say to Dany before or after some important event happens.

Archived