The first appearance of grown Lyanna Stark

On 5/27/2016 at 1:21 PM, Rhaegar Targaryen's Ghost said:

wasn't something that they were actively hiding, i mean we got a scene of it in the trailer for the season. 

There were also huge set leaks. So by that same rational why wouldn't we get trailer images of the tourney if it was happening. It'd be much easier to disguise as something else than ToJ would.

Well this filler episode didn't show her face but there was a brief scene of her torso covered in blood with Ned staring at his blood covered hand. I wonder if future episodes will even show the tourney. I have a feeling D&D have reserved the TOJ and Lyanna's appearance for the last episode (most likely as a cliffhanger). 

On 5/30/2016 at 9:40 PM, Cunning Villain said:

I'm not sure what to make of it, but it's there. It's pretty pronounced. My first thought was a crudely performed Caesarean, though.

The cut (if it is a cut) looks much too high to be remotely close to a Caesarean incision. It might just be the relief of the boning of her dress. 

4 minutes ago, lalunadelmar said:

The cut (if it is a cut) looks much to high to be remotely close to a Caesarean incision. It might just be the relief of the boning of her dress. 

Sure and Ned Stark is obs and gynae surgeon who knows how to perform c section :-D

2 minutes ago, MorpHDoc said:

Sure and Ned Stark is obs and gynae surgeon who knows how to perform c section :-D

Well a C-section isn't altogether inconceivable. Historically it was practiced as far back as the Ancient Roman era. And GoT is largely based upon the medieval period of Europe. You don't have to be OBGYN professional to know the basics of cutting into a belly to take out a baby. And it may not have been Ned...maybe someone else (a maester of some sort) was in the Tower with Lyanna to help deliver the baby?

Anyway, not that that aspect is so important. The only significance of that narrative is little baby Jon. 

9 hours ago, lalunadelmar said:

Well a C-section isn't altogether inconceivable. Historically it was practiced as far back as the Ancient Roman era. And GoT is largely based upon the medieval period of Europe. You don't have to be OBGYN professional to know the basics of cutting into a belly to take out a baby. And it may not have been Ned...maybe someone else (a maester of some sort) was in the Tower with Lyanna to help deliver the baby?

Anyway, not that that aspect is so important. The only significance of that narrative is little baby Jon. 

What I was trying to say that if it is c section it does not have to be anatomically correct. If Lyanna was carrying twins (Meera and Jon) then C section is actually quite plausible and Ned just made a cut wherever he thought was appropriate.

Archived