what hope white walkers/wights against dragons?

stark man boy

Dragons should be able to "curb stomp" the White Walkers. I think the only way the Dragons might die is due to the stupidity of the men who might still be fighting each other even in the face of The Long Night, or at the hands of other Dragons (possible infighting among the remaining Targs :unsure:), OR.... at the hands of the mythical Ice Dragons who have some relation to the White Walkers (translucent skin, glowing blue eyes etc).

I really hope that does not happen at the end though. The Dragon has three heads. I hope all three remain atop their shoulders.

I think the odds are against the White walkers . Dragons can fly , so the WW can't catch them . The wights are useless here . But the four guys who led them seems to be more powerful. In the last episode we've seen him walk through fire . Anyways , i hope the dragonfire will kill them .

Unless they have Ice Dragon. Maybe dragons would be inffective against walkers because it's just so easy. Wights or White Walkers can't fly, hardly would thrown spears at them and in fact could be useless by he time dragons grow and three dragons would just bombard them with fire. They must have some ace ice spiders are useless too against but I do think we'll see them. Ice Dragon is for me possibly the best option. Just imagine Daeny and her dragons against huge, more powerful and strong Ice Dragon.

is ice dragon cop out at this point in story (especially show) where so little build-up? I think the book might have sufficient lore for this though as at least one unaccounted for dragon. can picture dragon swooping low to lay waste and out jumps ice spider ftw!!!

1 hour ago, daemonTheBlack said:

Dragons should be able to "curb stomp" the White Walkers. I think the only way the Dragons might die is due to the stupidity of the men who might still be fighting each other even in the face of The Long Night, or at the hands of other Dragons (possible infighting among the remaining Targs :unsure:), OR.... at the hands of the mythical Ice Dragons who have some relation to the White Walkers (translucent skin, glowing blue eyes etc).

I really hope that does not happen at the end though. The Dragon has three heads. I hope all three remain atop their shoulders.

some sort of Helms Deep scenario round Winterfell i think. Look to the dragons coming at dawn on the third day.

6 minutes ago, God-Emperor of Yi Ti said:

some sort of Helms Deep scenario round Winterfell i think. Look to the dragons coming at dawn on the third day.

Yes I hope so too. But I am sure it wont be that simple. I fully expect / dread that at least one of the dragons (both man and beast) will bite the .. err... snow by the end in some glorious sacrifice. Bittersweet ending. I do not think it will be bitter enough unless at least one of the three are dead.

Sigh..... such a long excruciating wait till we find out. ARGGGGGGGGHHHH.

16 hours ago, daemonTheBlack said:

Yes I hope so too. But I am sure it wont be that simple. I fully expect / dread that at least one of the dragons (both man and beast) will bite the .. err... snow by the end in some glorious sacrifice. Bittersweet ending. I do not think it will be bitter enough unless at least one of the three are dead.

Sigh..... such a long excruciating wait till we find out. ARGGGGGGGGHHHH.

i think Daenerys and drogon will die after she conquered the world , HOTU vision suggests she will reunite with drogo in beyond the wall

If the dragons join the fight, the days of the wights are counted, considering how vulnerable they are to fire. I don't know about the WW. Judging from S5E5, the WW don't give a damn about fire. Be we don't know how the WW would react to dragon fire. They are vulnerable to dragon glass. They are vulnerable to valyrian steel which Jon and Sam speculate about in the books could be the fabled dragon steel. So dragon fire would look like another dragon associated thing that could hurt the WW.

But it migth be that the WW, especially the NK, could manipulate the weather. As some people mentioned, the dragons may be vulnerable to cold / snow / ice. Imagine if a lightning hit a dragon. And then the NK raises the fallen dragon as a wight / zombie. Now that's when it starts to get interesting. The zombie dragon might be vulnerable to the living dragons' fire but the living dragons might be weakened by the cold which the zombie dragon wouldn't mind, especially if he starts to breath ice for a reason.

How about WW's summon ice dragons, since they are all magical? Also, they have magic and they obviously control it very well, unlike three unexperienced dragons. Wights are easy targets, but WW would be smart enough to produce effective counter attack.

They seem to be natural enemies. So, my question is this: if WWs are vulnerable to dragonglass, dragonsteel, and dragonfire in general, could dragons be vulnerable to the ice of WW as well ???

Yeah I imagine they would crush the wights in a normal scenario, the WW idk, have proved that they are immune to fire, but who knows about dragonfire yet, hasn't been shown to be effective or ineffective.

But like someone stated above, I think the big factor to consider is the WW's controlling the weather and their ability to control ice. I mean GRRM said somethin like 'they can manipulate ice in amazing ways.' I'm firmly in the camp that they built the wall.

If they create a crazy ice storm with fog all over and the dragons and riders can't see at all, are they really useful? They'll just be bombing fire everywhere killing who knows who. Can they manipulate ice into weapons that can be launched at the dragons?

Given how I thinking they can manipulate ice, the inexperienced dragons may be no match for the WW.

The best hope against the Dragons are the dragons themselves.  Sure Drogon saves Dany but she can't get ole dude to get off his ass to do anything after that.  They have to learn how to control these dragons and so far they haven't done a very good job.  

That's where Bran comes in.  He will have to warg into Drogon because the other 2 will follow Drogon, who is the Alpha.  At least that is what I think and I think it will happen when the time is most desperate.

Archived