I'm torn - should I watch S6 or not?

McBaine

On 5/24/2016 at 9:12 AM, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I'd just watch it. It WILL spoil the books on some level, the major plot points are already being revealed. However some of it is making me more excited for the books, because the show is like reading the plot summary on wikipedia, really you want to get the whole thing. 

A number of recent revelations are making me very interested in how exactly it will go down in the books.

I would agree with this.  Who knows how long we have to wait for the book versions.  I was very dissatisfied with Season 5.  This season has been better so far.

On 24/5/2016 at 1:40 PM, McBaine said:

I read all the books and was a fan of the show when it started, but I really did't like the direction the show producers took it (and that is a really nice way of stating my opinion about this). I watched the previous five seasons and liked it in parts but got extremely disappointed and angry at others.

Now we have season 6 and I haven't watched a single episode yet. The reason is, that I fear "spoilers" the showrunners may have gotten from G.R.R. Martin since some of the Storylines are still not at the stage of Book 5 (Arya or Sam for example), but some are (Jon and Bran for example).

My question would be how much the show goes into this spoiler territory and how is it holding up for the storylines that aren't yet up to date with the books? Do you think it is worth watching, or should I stay away?

I am watching season 6 because I didn't want to be spoiled and I'll tell that yes, the season is spoiling some things.

However, the direction they are taking is different. If you fear spoilers I'd say don't watch it, but then you should consider that Internet is dark and full of terrors.

There have been some spoilers but we don't know how huge they actually are: some things will be the same, but very different in context so, in that sense, it's a half-spoiler.

As for the quality, I didn't read the books until season 4 ended, so at that point my standards for the show were it being a good TV show. Then S5 IMo is horrible.

I'l tell you that if you still liked things from season 5 this season is worth watching. It's much better. Especially episode 5 IMO. But it would depend on the characters you like and how much you care about them. Some of them are, IMO, completely different from the books and I don't like what they are doing, and they are probably making huge mistakes like last season. However, I found other storylines better than I imagined considering I didn't enjoy S5.

Archived