Will Daenerys forge Valyrian steel?

blckp

Ser Jorah Mormont," she said, "first and greatest of my knights, I have no bride gift to give you, but I swear to you, one day you shall have from my hands a longsword like none the world has ever seen, dragon-forged and made of Valyrian steel

tywin found some blacksmiths to reforge ice, so maybe she can also find some blacksmiths in essos ? she has dragons and promised to jorah,

16 hours ago, Jon leaves the Watch said:

She has no understanding of blacksmithing, or weapon making of any kind. I don't think that she will forge any long sword. She might give him a sword that she acquires later on while she travels to Westeros.

she probably will conquer volantis, and volatnis has a lot of blacksmiths

16 hours ago, Syphon the Sanitator said:

How would anybody who has never held anything resembling a tool forge a weapon? As the Sellsword King said, she might get a hold of Brightroar. It's not inconceivable someone trying to get her favour will get it for her, offering her some Valyrian steel.

she is the queen, why would she forge it her own hand? she can order or hire blacksmiths

16 hours ago, CJ McLannister said:

Oh, I hope she does.  Certainly those no rush to get to Westeros.

yeah considering the fact she in war with volatnis

16 hours ago, Syphon the Sanitator said:

That's not what the topic title said :o

whats the difference? no one gonna say todd reforged ice, people will say tywin reforged ice

50 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Smiths in Qohor can forge Valyrian steel, according to TWOIAF, but only by casting spells that require child sacrifice.  I doubt if Dany would allow that.

Doesn't it say that they can re forge Valyrian steel and make steel greater than anywhere else in the world but not actual Valyrian steel?  I took away from it that they had the spells and sacrifice but not the dragon.

She is but a young girl and has no knowledge of metallurgy.

Seriously, no one (real no one, not Arya) has the knowledge of how to create new Valyrian steel. There are smiths who can work already-made VS but you have to have that on hand. Most Valryian steel is in the form of swords already, and it would be sort of a waste of time to make a sword out of a sword. 

Add to this the fact that Dany has sent Jorah away for treachery, which should void any promise of giving him a Valyrian steel sword. If the Young Bear gets one it really ought to be Longclaw, which is his birthright.

3 hours ago, Jon leaves the Watch said:

She has no understanding of blacksmithing, or weapon making of any kind. I don't think that she will forge any long sword. She might give him a sword that she acquires later on while she travels to Westeros.

This cult of Dany has super powers and can do anything is so annoying to me especially since she is one of the absolute failures as a leader and a person.

2 hours ago, Light a wight tonight said:

If the Young Bear gets one it really ought to be Longclaw, which is his birthright.

Which he promptly returned when it became obvious the burden of honor was too great. Wouldn't be opposed to him 'winning' or earning it back though. 

I think if Dany wanted a new VS sword she'd do well trying to occupy Qohor; the gates to the Dothraki sea. They managed to thwart the Dothraki in the past, so maybe there's a score to be settled when/if Dany regains her Khalasar. Or she could just fly overhead on Drogon. 

Archived