Will Daenerys forge Valyrian steel?

blckp

21 hours ago, Jon leaves the Watch said:

It is not just a matter of hiring any blacksmith. She needs to find one with knowledge of working with Valyrian Steel. Which there are very few in the entire world.

Couldn't she just say something like, "I want to make a valyrian steel blade and I'm a queen. I'll give you loads of money if you come make it for me."

Working Valyrian steel and making Valyrian steel are not the same thing.  Does anybody know how to make it?  Anybody at all?  Are there instruction manuals somewhere?  Can Dany even figure out how to get her dragons to cooperate to do whatever it is that dragons have to do in the process?  If there are only a handful of people who know how to do it, accidentally burning them with dragon flame would not help the cause.

It seems like a much easier method is to find someone with a Valyrian steel sword and have her dragons (or unsullied, or Daario, or whatever) kill that person.

I think whenever Dany arrives in Westeros, she will forge lots of Valyrian steel thanks to Sam (the knowledge gained from the books of the Citadel) and Gendry (apprentice of Tobho Mott who knew the spells to reforge Valyrian steel). She will have dragonfire, dragonglass (on Dragonstone), and blood sacrifices all she wants (when she burns down fAegon's faction and thousands of soldiers supporting his claim, like Aegon the Conqueror did with Gardeners and Lannisters).

On 5/24/2016 at 5:46 AM, blckp said:

tywin found some blacksmiths to reforge ice, so maybe she can also find some blacksmiths in essos ? she has dragons and promised to jorah,

the secret to making new steel was lost with the doom. If someone knew how to create it, there would be more weapons made of it and they would be far less valuable. plus, the rarity of it is a major plot point for the books 

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 7:28 AM, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

Couldn't she just say something like, "I want to make a valyrian steel blade and I'm a queen. I'll give you loads of money if you come make it for me."

No, because with out knowledge of the blood magic spells that go along with forging Valyrian Steel then any blacksmith will not be able to create or reforge a new Valyrian Steel sword. If any blacksmith had the ability to make Valyrian Steel there would have been new swords made with in the last few hundreds of years.

It could be that the spells and blood sacrifice requirements are known by smiths in Qohor. We know they still have the spells to rework it and it's not crazy to think they could be the same spells. It's possible the only missing component was dragonflame. 

But if that were the case you'd imagine the Targaryens would have sought out one of these smiths and continued producing swords after the Doom. Though it's possible they just weren't interested. They already had two. 

12 hours ago, Jon leaves the Watch said:

No, because with out knowledge of the blood magic spells that go along with forging Valyrian Steel then any blacksmith will not be able to create or reforge a new Valyrian Steel sword. If any blacksmith had the ability to make Valyrian Steel there would have been new swords made with in the last few hundreds of years.

so what you are saying is no one will try? i mean, things and inventions are lost, but other people invent them again....otherwise society would not advance much if no one was willing to try

Archived