Bran heads to CB, tells John about his linage?

Ludvig Carlson

In another thread, (Bloodraven's last lesson: Win) we discussed the very scene in Winterfell when Bran warged into Hodor.

One of the replies, (by Wingedshadow) which is the same as believe, said:

"It's possible, but the real reason he took him there is because Bran needed to be there to create Hodor by bridging Wylis to present day Hodor and therefore destroying his mind."

But it is the latter part of the Wingedshadow's post that interests me more:

"While they were there, the Bloodraven was apparently uploading memories into Bran, important ones that he needed to experience. So it was a sort of "loading screen" while simultaneously being important to close a time loop."

If so, he probably uploaded the rest of the TOY ...

Bran is probably heading to the wall, if he can reach it...

Do you think we will see a reunion of Jon, Sansa and Bran this season, where Bran is the one to finally tell Jon about his linage?

#justanotherr+l=jtrhead

No reunion of Jon,Sana and Bran. Next season. In the end we don't need Howland Reed and Bran would be more plausible to tell and Jon would believe him rather than absolute stranger.

I believe the mystery person is Benjen and he'll lead them only ay they can go and that is south to the Wall. Bran has that mark on his hand and it will allow White Walkers to pass. It just all makes perfect sense but not sure if the Wall will fall down in the finale but might be. Gettting rid of horn and all that theory that comes with it.

3 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

In the end we don't need Howland Reed and Bran would be more plausible to tell and Jon would believe him rather than absolute stranger.

Well, Howland Reed and Jon have never met, but there's no doubt Jon would trust him implicitly after everything Ned told his kids about Howland. Also, there is zero point in having Howland Reed even exist (in the show or the books) if he's not going to relay or confirm what happened at ToJ to somebody. He is the human embodiment of Chekov's rifle in this story.

39 minutes ago, Pile-O-Starks said:

Well, Howland Reed and Jon have never met, but there's no doubt Jon would trust him implicitly after everything Ned told his kids about Howland. Also, there is zero point in having Howland Reed even exist (in the show or the books) if he's not going to relay or confirm what happened at ToJ to somebody. He is the human embodiment of Chekov's rifle in this story.

George confirmed he'll show up at some point but show never for once hinted at anything more with him. D&D likes to merge characters or give already established character stuff from the books...and impact from Bran to Jon is far bigger than to Howland to Jon. He's simply a stranger. I understand people love him and want to see him...but doubt right now they're going to introduce him and just to deliver the message. Bran can do it and on top of that share informations about white walkers which Jon will need.

1 minute ago, Lord Friendzone said:

George confirmed he'll show up at some point but show never for once hinted at anything more with him. D&D likes to merge characters or give already established character stuff from the books...and impact from Bran to Jon is far bigger than to Howland to Jon. He's simply a stranger. I understand people love him and want to see him...but doubt right now they're going to introduce him and just to deliver the message. Bran can do it and on top of that share informations about white walkers which Jon will need.

Howland was introduced in the ToJ flashback. Why even bother having him there if he's not going to be relevant later on? If you only needed somebody to kill Dayne, just have it be Ser Rodrick or somebody else who's already dead in the present day. Or just have it be "Ned's squire" who succumbs to his wounds shortly after killing Dayne. There's no reason to bridge anybody in the ToJ scene to the present day if they're not going to actually DO something in the present day. If Howland survives the ToJ (which it looks like he did and will) any show-only fan would think, "that guy knows the truth; he's important." Having him just disappear would be incredibly bad storytelling.

Howland Reed is going to tell SOMEBODY what happened at the ToJ. It is his sole purpose as a character, both on the show and in the book.

1 hour ago, tallTale said:

Hmm..This would make a very interesting scene of Bran bringing Jon to the past so he could meet/see his parents.

Umm, I don't think Jon will be able to see the past. First, based on the show, only Bran can warg. Neither Jon nor Arya have this ability in the show, as they do in the book. Secondly, Bran is considered unique because he has the ability to do green-seeing thing, he just need to learn how. Jon does not. 

Bran would tell Jon, perhaps having found some material proof (in the crypts) for his story. No Jon warging the past

At this point,  I hope Hodor debacle would make Bran EXTREMELY reluctant to warg any other person especially any of his siblings (or cousins)

Only problem is, Jon is not at Castle Black. He and Sansa and their crew just left on a recruitment mission. Why would he go back to CB? They'll be going from house to house, and eventually bring the war to Ramsay. And meanwhile, Bran needs time to sift through the massive download he just got, and he may not go directly to the ToJ (the season preview showed a silhouette of Jamie killing the Mad King, so we are probably going to get more of that background first). So maybe we get a Bran/Jon reunion in Winterfell, but not until the season finale if this season at all. 

I like the theory that Howland Reed is the High Sparrow and his secret agenda is to F up the Lannisters for what they did to Ned and his family. Not saying I believe this theory - just that I think it would be such an awesome twist. 

1 hour ago, tallTale said:

Hmm..This would make a very interesting scene of Bran bringing Jon to the past so he could meet/see his parents.

Jon is not a greenseer so I don't think Bran can bring him into one of his visions.

11 minutes ago, Masha said:

Umm, I don't think Jon will be able to see the past. First, based on the show, only Bran can warg. Neither Jon nor Arya have this ability in the show, as they do in the book. Secondly, Bran is considered unique because he has the ability to do green-seeing thing, he just need to learn how. Jon does not. 

Bran would tell Jon, perhaps having found some material proof (in the crypts) for his story. No Jon warging the past

At this point,  I hope Hodor debacle would make Bran EXTREMELY reluctant to warg any other person especially any of his siblings (or cousins)

Willis/Hodor was not a greenseer and bran was able to move his consciousness into the past.

16 minutes ago, Pile-O-Starks said:

Howland was introduced in the ToJ flashback. Why even bother having him there if he's not going to be relevant later on?

Because people on the forum would be mad that they changed it.

14 minutes ago, Dr Dre said:

Because people on the forum would be mad that they changed it.

They wouldn't need to change it. They just wouldn't have needed to make the point of "That's Howland Reed, Meera's father!" There's no way they included that exposition in the TOJ scene if Howland wasn't going to be introduced in the show in present time.

I actually think Jon won't find out about his true parents till Season 7. The only one I can see telling him who they are...is Littlefinger.

The scene last season between him and Sansa at the crypts of Winterfell wasn't put there for a reason. We know D&D use LF for these kind of things. He tells all the stories.

So, either LF tells him at the Season finale, or we'll have to wait. In that case, I'm sure it'll be Bran the one to tell him.

1 hour ago, Ingelheim said:

I actually think Jon won't find out about his true parents till Season 7. The only one I can see telling him who they are...is Littlefinger.

The scene last season between him and Sansa at the crypts of Winterfell wasn't put there for a reason. We know D&D use LF for these kind of things. He tells all the stories.

So, either LF tells him at the Season finale, or we'll have to wait. In that case, I'm sure it'll be Bran the one to tell him.

I think LF might tell him as well, but I am curious: How do you think LF knows?

8 minutes ago, Pile-O-Starks said:

I think LF might tell him as well, but I am curious: How do you think LF knows?

I don't know...but Show LF knows everything, and I'm also pretty sure Book LF knows about R+L=J. Varys does as well.

He may not know it 100% for sure, but he suspects it at least. When Sansa mentioned how Rhaegar had kidnapped and raped Lyanna, LF made a funny face, like "I know what truly happened".

I mean...it's not that complicated, for someone like LF. He probably knows what went down at the TOJ, so it's 2+2. 

1 minute ago, Ingelheim said:

I don't know...but Show LF knows everything, and I'm also pretty sure Book LF knows about R+L=J. Varys does as well.

He may not know it 100% for sure, but he suspects it at least. When Sansa mentioned how Rhaegar had kidnapped and raped Lyanna, LF made a funny face, like "I know what truly happened".

I mean...it's not that complicated, for someone like LF. He probably knows what went down at the TOJ, so it's 2+2. 

I think whoever tells Jon is going to know it 100% for sure. If Littlefinger knows it, he will have proof. It's not going to be a, "Hey, think about it! This is probably what happened!" kind of moment.

Because then, basically anybody could figure it out since LF shouldn't know any more about the ToJ than anybody else who wasn't there. He knows the "official" story like everybody else, unless he has additional information.Sure, he may not believe the official story, but that's different.

4 hours ago, tallTale said:

Willis/Hodor was not a greenseer and bran was able to move his consciousness into the past.

The point is, Bran was able to warg Hodor because Hodor mind was fried and simple (perhaps stuck in a "hold the door" mode repeating in his mind over and over again). I don't think its healthy for either Bran or whomever he does it to, to warg a normal person.

Hodor's consciousness was not moved into the past. Bran reached out from the past to hold present-day Hodor mind to force him to action and then to sacrifice himself. The result of this - was mind damage. Its not even clear if Wyllis mind was damaged because Bran did the warging from the past to future then warg got a feedback loop on the past or because he was living through his own death scene in the future.

Basically, my point is, that Bran can't do it to Jon because it would result in brain damage for Jon and I think Bran would be emotionally damaged by Hodor's death and damaged life being ALL HIS FAULT. And finally, even warging someone in the present who has normal mind might result in mind damage, who knows? 

Bran could possibly reach out to Jon/Sansa/Arya in their dreams like 3ER did to him and he possibly could whisper to them "on the wind" like he did to past Ned, but he couldn't possible force them to warg into past.

Archived