I feel bad for the sand snakes actresses

Asma Ben Hamouda

it's mid season 6 and so far we didn't see the sand snakes and I think that we will never see them again.

The actresses got lot of hate and they went out through the back door and now, after season 5 and the first episode 1 of season 6, I've changed my mind, I'm blaming the writing/directing for the dorn disaster

I really feel bad for the actresses because I fear that their performance in Game of Thrones will have catastrophic consequences on their career, and honestly I don't think that they deserve it because it wasn't their fault

Do you think that this will have serious consequence on their professional careers or can they bounce back from Dorn flop?

Nope. When casting directors look at their resumes they'll see they've been in Game of Thrones and will be impressed by that. Their little subplot being well-received or not by fans will be of zero interest to them. They've also already gone onto bigger things: Jessica Henwick was in The Force Awakens and is probably returning for the two sequels, not to mention being cast in two other TV shows (including the next Marvel Netflix series, Iron Fist). The other two have already gotten more TV and film work.

1 minute ago, Werthead said:

Nope. When casting directors look at their resumes they'll see they've been in Game of Thrones and will be impressed by that. Their little subplot being well-received or not by fans will be of zero interest to them. They've also already gone onto bigger things: Jessica Henwick was in The Force Awakens and is probably returning for the two sequels, not to mention being cast in two other TV shows (including the next Marvel Netflix series, Iron Fist). The other two have already gotten more TV and film work.

Thank you, reading your answer made me happy for Jessica :wub:

Sand Snakes will definitely be seen again. Two of them are in King's Landing and the reason Doran got killed was because he didn't intend to go to war. Dorne will march to King's Landing and we'll see them again later this season. They're just not needed for the story right now.

To be fair in regard to the Sand snakes I don't think they were bad at all, it was mainly the occasional bit of dialogue that off. 

Unlike most I didn't mind the Dorne scenes, in fact I enjoyed them. I would've preferred if they kept to the books. I think the ONE scene we've had this season is x10 worse than anything last season. I was looking forward to a big Doran reveal but I guess not.

But I think the Sand snakes are fine and they will go on to do great works.

As the others said, Jessica is in Iron Fist as the lead actress and a notable hero. Her Star Wars character got a weird amount of traction for some reason. I forsee a few more lines in the sequels. (She didn't die right?)

Keisha is one of the only Maori Oscar Nominees. (She might be THE only if you don't count Russel Crowe, who's only a small % I think.) 

Tyne hasn't done much though. 

I guess there will be more need for women being feminine and bitchy at the same time. Instead of showing equality to men, they only showed that women can be just as bad in power as men. Way to take a step back, girls(golf clap).

Yes, the writers wrecked all of Dorne. They might as well write it as being consumed by a tidal wave or volcano or something at this point. When you give written gold to Hollyweird, don't be surprised if it's turned into written excrement. New Age Alchemists: Turn gold into shit.

I'll be looking forward to the next book and have given up on this show.

5 minutes ago, Edward Riley said:

I guess there will be more need for women being feminine and bitchy at the same time. Instead of showing equality to men, they only showed that women can be just as bad in power as men. Way to take a step back, girls(golf clap).

Yes, the writers wrecked all of Dorne. They might as well write it as being consumed by a tidal wave or volcano or something at this point. When you give written gold to Hollyweird, don't be surprised if it's turned into written excrement. New Age Alchemists: Turn gold into shit.

:bowdown:

1 hour ago, Edward Riley said:

Feast and Dance and Dorne specifically are 'written gold'? "Now here comes the part where we throw our heads back in laughter"

I do feel bad for the actresses because they seemed so excited to be in the show but everything about Dorne turned out to be so widely disliked. But I'm glad at least Jessica is in Star Wars and Iron Fist, so hopefully this means casting directors aren't taking the Sand Snakes disappointment too seriously. Curiously, I always pictured Jessica as my headcanon version of Spider Woman :o

1 hour ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

Feast and Dance and Dorne specifically are 'written gold'? "Now here comes the part where we throw our heads back in laughter"

I do feel bad for the actresses because they seemed so excited to be in the show but everything about Dorne turned out to be so widely disliked. But I'm glad at least Jessica is in Star Wars and Iron Fist, so hopefully this means casting directors aren't taking the Sand Snakes disappointment too seriously. Curiously, I always pictured Jessica as my headcanon version of Spider Woman :o

ya feast and dance are gold. 

I don't think anyone is blaming the actresses. I think it's clearly the material. The biggest mistake was not making that fight bad ass. You've got 3 sisters, together all the time, probably training together too. They could have, should have, wiped the floor with Jaime and Bronn. They should have used their numbers and weapon variety to keep them off balance, as soon as Bronn starts to get an advantage, one of the other Sand Snakes steps in with a different weapon throwing him off balance. There was so much potential. Change that fight scene, people forgive everything else.

Archived