A small point about the bastard letter

First of all, i know this topic has been discussed very deeply in the forum, but still i'd like to mention a point. 

Bastard,

Your false king is dead, bastard. He and all his host were smashed in seven days of battle. I have his magic sword. Tell his red whore.

Your false king's friends are dead. Their heads upon the walls of Winterfell. Come see them, bastard. Your false king lied, and so did you. You told the world you burned the King-Beyond-the-Wall. Instead you sent him to Winterfell to steal my bride from me.

I will have my bride back. If you want Mance Rayder back, come and get him. I have him in a cage for all the north to see, proof of your lies. The cage is cold, but I have made him a warm cloak from the skins of the six whores who came with him to Winterfell.

I want my bride back. I want the false king's queen. I want his daughter and his red witch. I want this wildling princess. I want his little prince, the wildling babe. And I want my Reek. Send them to me, bastard, and I will not trouble you or your black crows. Keep them from me, and I will cut out your bastard's heart and eat it.

Ramsay Bolton, Trueborn Lord of Winterfell

One huge point favoring stannis in the bastard letter was the use of the phrase "Widling Princess". But IMO in westeros south of the wall, everyone believes that a sister of the king etc will obviously be a princess. So assuming that the spearwives sang for Ramsay(due to the skinning) or Mance told him everything, isn't it very much possible that Ramsay too will consider Val as a wildling princess. Though Mance or spearwives say it is not so, Ramsay-stupid-bolton-snow might think they are doing so to protect their princess. So it seems very much possible(to me atleast)that even ramsay could misunderstand what was conveyed by the spearwives. Moreover, it is the wildlings who call melisandre red witch and red whore....NOT RED WOMAN. Ramsay heard it from them and spelled out the same thing.

Now for the second part, about the letter being smeared in wax and no piece of skin being there,

Well...Ramsay is frustrated and is in a haste. He just lost his entire claim to the north by losing his wife. Now Ramsay in his usual cruel-jolly-calm self, might think attaching a scrap of skin perfectly neatly, then go for a button of Bolton and sweetly send the letter out.

Here the situation seems different.......It might be something like this, Ramsay is informed by the forces that Stannis has been defeated, But they did not find REEK and JEYNE. So Ramsay obviously thinks  that FArya and Reek escaped to Castle Black and hence the pink letter.

If stannis has actually been defeated, then Ramsay might actually have his sword and even that part of his letter becomes true. But if he has been fooled by the Manderley's and other people then it is quite possible that the part about his magic sword is a lie and he just put what he heard in the letter. IMO the latter part is true as again Ramsay mentions the magic sword and not the SHINING SWORD.

In the end what matters is Ramsay is in a haste and he desperately wants his bride back, so no courtesies and warm welcomes(Piece of skin and bolton button) But pure haste. Coz he knows if Jon identifies Jeyne...Ramsay is pretty much fucked up. And seven days is enough to put good distance between the bolton forces and REEK+Jeyne if they have horses even in the ice storm.

So concluding i pretty much think Ramsay wrote the pink letter.

The points may not seem well structured.....but then i hope you do understand what i am trying to say.

Archived