surely there must be one seer that know it all

dantares83

including what will eventually happened to Westeros, Essos and the world... including the White Walkers.

i mean the Bloodraven appears to know everything, including his own death. he knew that Hodor will be Hodor probably even before Hodor was Hodor so I am sure he knows the future.

so if he already knew the future, surely he knows that no matter what he do, the results will be the same since this was what he is trying to teach Bran. so i guess it is a happy ending?

Spoiler

Maybe there is only Bran. It could be the Bran Unified Theory - Bran is connected to all blood magic. Maybe Bran is so powerful he transcends space and time. Bran is "Brynden" Rivers, Bran is Bran the Builder (which explains how he could have built the Wall and Storm's End and the Hightower, and gave the Gift to the Night's Watch. Maybe he is the one who spoke to the wizard who cut Varys. Maybe he is the one who keeps Winterfell warm. Maybe he is the one who hatched Dany's eggs. Maybe he is the one who killed Renly. Maybe he is the Night's King.  Bran is constructing history from the future. If so, there is some broader purpose to the war between the WW and men.  

4 hours ago, House Do'urdan said:

Maybe, Maybe the Three eyed raven in the show is Bran. Granted an older version of Bran.

Bran in the future will learn to be able to physically time travel?

i am just wonder if the seers are so powerful, why are they still concerned over the white walkers. they are either defeated or they will win against men. in any case, there is nothing to do about it because apparently you cannot change the past to shape the future. so why bother. 

29 minutes ago, dantares83 said:

i am just wonder if the seers are so powerful, why are they still concerned over the white walkers. they are either defeated or they will win against men. in any case, there is nothing to do about it because apparently you cannot change the past to shape the future. so why bother. 

Because that wouldn't be any fun would it.

On 5/24/2016 at 3:45 PM, ErasmusF said:
  Hide contents

Maybe there is only Bran. It could be the Bran Unified Theory - Bran is connected to all blood magic. Maybe Bran is so powerful he transcends space and time. Bran is "Brynden" Rivers, Bran is Bran the Builder (which explains how he could have built the Wall and Storm's End and the Hightower, and gave the Gift to the Night's Watch. Maybe he is the one who spoke to the wizard who cut Varys. Maybe he is the one who keeps Winterfell warm. Maybe he is the one who hatched Dany's eggs. Maybe he is the one who killed Renly. Maybe he is the Night's King.  Bran is constructing history from the future. If so, there is some broader purpose to the war between the WW and men.  

Winterfell is kept warm by the hot springs that lie under it, piped into the walls ;)

But I'm pretty sure Brandon the Builder helped build Winterfell anyway xD

18 hours ago, dantares83 said:

Or can you?.......

One of the things I like about ASoIaF is that it's modest on the supernatural bits. Sure they have their places of prominence but it's not a plot device to cause and solve every problem. The most interesting parts of the story haven't had magic in them at all, in my opinion. I would be disappointed if Bran's seeing spun out of control.

On 5/26/2016 at 2:22 AM, Lord Lannister said:

One of the things I like about ASoIaF is that it's modest on the supernatural bits. Sure they have their places of prominence but it's not a plot device to cause and solve every problem. The most interesting parts of the story haven't had magic in them at all, in my opinion. I would be disappointed if Bran's seeing spun out of control.

Sometimes I feel like the only plot device to cause and solve every problem is to either kill the person who created the problem, or kill the person who is making a stink about the problem.  I know there are a few characters, like Tyrion who try to be the exception, but look what happened to Shea. It would be nice to have magic solve a few things without serious consequences that make things worse. Would it be soo bad to maybe even have a HELPFUL prophecy...but as we just saw, the COTF tried to fix a problem with magic (creating a creature with magic made to kill people) and it bombed on them big time and warging didn't help the Starks. And on the other hand Melisandre still killed to use her stronger magic (that didn't help the situation very much), Dani had to kill to hatch her magical dragons, faceless men use magic to kill ....... killing trumps magic....I hate to think it might be one of the reasons  we like this show...

On May 24, 2016 at 3:45 PM, ErasmusF said:
  Hide contents

Time travel can get so confusing. But it seems like the show is making the point that no matter what Bran does in his visions to change things, it'll only create the current timeline just as it is.  But maybe this still opens the possibility for your theory to be true.  So Bran goes back in time and wargs into the minds of let's say baby Bran the builder and Brynden Rivers and lives their lives...???  Thus constructing the wall and other great structures that the builder has created. And thus becomes BR and helps in stopping the Blackfyre rebellion and eventually becoming the 3 eyed Raven?  Maybe even trying to save his grandfather from being executed but actually driving the mad King "mad" in the process?  So through time travel Bran will be able to live multiple lives and indeed shape the future of Westeros but only be able to shape it as it is currently constructed?

1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

Time travel can get so confusing. But it seems like the show is making the point that no matter what Bran does in his visions to change things, it'll only create the current timeline just as it is.  But maybe this still opens the possibility for your theory to be true.  So Bran goes back in time and wargs into the minds of let's say baby Bran the builder and Brynden Rivers and lives their lives...???  Thus constructing the wall and other great structures that the builder has created. And thus becomes BR and helps in stopping the Blackfyre rebellion and eventually becoming the 3 eyed Raven?  Maybe even trying to save his grandfather from being executed but actually driving the mad King "mad" in the process?  So through time travel Bran will be able to live multiple lives and indeed shape the future of Westeros but only be able to shape it as it is currently constructed?

Oy vey.........

Pretty sure the post you quoted was sarcasm.

12 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

Oy vey.........

Pretty sure the post you quoted was sarcasm.

Lol. Yeah I picked up on the sarcasm. Especially with Bran killing Renly and some of the others he mentioned.  But could Bran maybe after the series is done, end up in a tree and go back and Warg the builder and others and live their lives or is this also too far over the top?

20 hours ago, ebourget said:

To commemorate this absurd unified Bran theory, I made a mashup gif of asoiaf + 12 monkeys.   Because everything people are theorizing about Bran's time travel has already been explored far better in 12 monkeys.

Bran is the Witness

Except ASOIAF predates 12 Monkeys. And it's not like this concept is terribly new. I mean, why not cite Douglas Adams, who did it well and humorously in "So Long and Thanks for All the Fish."

I don't know that it's "absurd". It's certainly one possibility that Bran can see across time through the Weirnet and can skinchange into other Brans in order to get great things done. It can explain how the Wall was built, along with Storm's End and Hightower. All by "Bran the Builder". And "Brynden" Rivers isn't that far from a Bran either. Maybe we can take the 3ER line literally when he says "Now you must become me." 

Under the Bran Unified Theory, Bran would have possibly an infinite amount of time after the Others are defeated to go back and accomplish all these feats. It's just one possibility. 

54 minutes ago, ErasmusF said:

Except ASOIAF predates 12 Monkeys. And it's not like this concept is terribly new. I mean, why not cite Douglas Adams, who did it well and humorously in "So Long and Thanks for All the Fish."

I don't know that it's "absurd". It's certainly one possibility that Bran can see across time through the Weirnet and can skinchange into other Brans in order to get great things done. It can explain how the Wall was built, along with Storm's End and Hightower. All by "Bran the Builder". And "Brynden" Rivers isn't that far from a Bran either. Maybe we can take the 3ER line literally when he says "Now you must become me." 

Under the Bran Unified Theory, Bran would have possibly an infinite amount of time after the Others are defeated to go back and accomplish all these feats. It's just one possibility. 

I wasn't trying to say '12 monkeys did it first.'    It's been around a long time, obviously.   I'm saying it's been done before, done better, and done with more dedication.  asoiaf is just not a time-travel epic.

In the case of asoiaf, condensing the entire history of great achievements in westeros to one character is just a bad idea.   Why flatten such a rich and elaborate history.  If it's a closed loop model, it changes nothing, adds very little stakes.   Whether Bran did all those things or not, it doesn't matter.  The ink is dry.  Let alone the ridiculous mechanics of one cripple boy living thousands of lives(wtf?), him having done these things only gives him outrageous plot-armor...  It's a poor crutch to introduce to such an amazing world 20 years after it started.   It's also an endlesss, winding, forking road of speculation with no end.  Non of it can be demonstrated or supported by existing source material and so ALL of it is possible.   If it changes everything, it actually changes nothing.  If it means everything, it actually means nothing.  If anything it makes the valeryan dagger assassin in AGOT the only tragic hero of the story because if he had succeeded, the entire history of westeros would have collapsed in on itself and perhaps there wouldnt even be any white walkers cause maybe he cause them too!

So yeah, I'm poking fun at the unified Bran theory cause I don't think it's contributing any valuable theory crafting.  I'm also poking fun at it because as 12 monkeys has shown, trying to prevent something in the past ends up causing it.   Including needing time-travel to create time-travel.    Bran had to travel into the past to prepare his younger self to time-travel?  I'd rather believe that Bran is just a descendant of this great line of people.   Because if he had lived all those lives without revealing that he was from the future or anything about his true self, then he was just living.  He wasn't our  "Bran".

I buy that Bran will be the "seer" per OP, but I don't think he lived the entire history...

Archived