Stark family immunity

Uncle Benjen's

Thanks for your responses guys, I know it's a bit lacking but I enjoyed the discussion.

5 hours ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

I never bought the CH is Benjen thing. But there are several discussion where people have pointed out the CH is too old to be Benjen. 

I don't think they are immune to becoming wights because there does not seem to be anything to suggest that. I do, however, think there is a link between the Starks and everything north of the Wall, but I don't think that makes them immune to becoming a wight. 

I get the CH and Benjen thing, I've always thought it was an interesting theory, but I doubt GRRM would actually follow that path - before even considering in text evidence. So we can drop that one, it doesn't decimate the idea completely.

1 hour ago, Cragen said:

Again I'm not saying that they have immunity, just saying that if GRRM need this to happen for some reason, that I can't see, he established possibility for that. I think that Starks magic have some connection with control of wind, snow or cold. Like that strange snow storm during Stanis marsh and feast in Winterfell. For me it's look like Winterfell is center of that storm. Someone on The Wall noticed that cold winds coming from south, maybe Sam I don't remember.

I feel that also, there's a lot of mysticism and mythology surround the Starks, a lot more than any other great house in Westeros (other than the Targs). Just as the Targs are linked by blood to dragons maybe the Starks are linked by blood to the Others. Yeah the option is open for GRRM to do it with Jon's resurrection. He could return having been resurrected as a Wight but retaining his personality, it's an option for GRRM anyway.

Ultimately I like the idea that the WW are actually Starks first borns sent as part of the pact between them and the COTF. So this blood relation could stand as some kind of evidence if it is true. Moreover the Starks have a stronger connection to the Old gods than any other family we've met (possibly other than the Reeds - they seem on par) so that lends some credit to the thought. I think there is enough in the text for GRRM to properly incorporate this, but unless it's involved in Jon's resurrection I doubt we'd openly see this in the text.

Ok just throwing it out there. Perhaps its not just having Stark blood that allows one to be immune to having one's mind dulled by resurrection at the hands of the Others. Maybe anyone who happens to be a warg are able to retain their memories and personality even after the Others brings them back. Because wargs can apparently live on beyond death so maybe this unique trait also applies when becoming a wight.

Archived