Do you think, that we'll have a lot of new important characters coming for season 7?

Prince_Snow

Hi guys,

I know that i am a bit ahead of the schedule, but as an actor, i also know that soon we'll see the casting breakdown for season 7, so there is still hope.haha

I would like to know if you think that for the season 7, we will have a lot of new important characters or they will just keep a small amount of them by the end of season 6 and keep developping them for the final?

I think there will be a season 7, but not sure if they have decided to go for a season 8?

We are close to the end and i was wondering if there will be enough material to see new great and diverse characters?

Thanks for your ideas!

• 1 month later...

The only important characters they cast will be Howland Reed, Rhaegar Targaryen, and Maester Marwyn. All three have been mentioned before and will probably have something to contribute to the story. Other then that, the rest of the series will be spent finishing the storylines of already existing characters.

10 hours ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

Who knows... Maybe we will see FAegon.

I guess it's a little too late to introduce FAegon. He would be relevant for the story if was introduced earlier, so those who support Dany (like Tyrells, Dorne etc) had a choice. I think we will see charcters from the past events who influenced recent events: Howland Reed, Rhaegar, probably BF.
It's such a shame they dropped Dorne storyline.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like the entire cast is constricting as we hurtle to the conclusion. At the rate characters died in season 6, I cannot imagine there will be many new ones added.  I agree, or at least hope for Howland Reed and Rhaegar T. Gendry will probably reappear.  I would wish for Val but I do not expect my wish to be granted. 

No, we won't have a lt of important new characters from here on in.

storylines will be converging and main characters brought back together. T here will be no need for new characters anymore. I wouldn't exp ct more than 2-3 maximum major new characters for rest of series.

Certainly, roles like Aegon, Jon Connington, Victarion, Aeron Damphair, etc will never appear in the show.

Rhaegar and Howland Reed are possibilities, through flashbacks in Brans visions, but even so if they are cast I would still expect the actual roles to be quite small in the show (with much much less screen time than say Oberyn, who didn't even get as much as he should have).

• 1 month later...

I have to agree that we won't see many new characters.  There are only 15 episodes left in the two seasons to come so it's really too late to introduce new characters as screen time is really going to be limited.  I even think that Bran's "flashback" scenes will be limited, we have already had the big one that told us who Jon Snow really is.  After all in the 15epsiodes left we have to have some sort of resolution to the whole Euron thing, Dany has to land in Westeros, Petyr Baelish's storyline, with or without Sansa has to be resolved, and we still have to resolve Cersei&Jaime and have the whole war against the Others.  That's too much to start introducing new story lines.  In fact it's why I have come to prefer the Series over the books the series is closing things up, cleaning up story lines as it hurtles towards the climax.  I don't see that in the books.

Outside of Marwyn (who will be essential to Sams plotline), and Howland Reed (who is bound to show up eventually), I don't see anyone new making an appearance at this stage of the series.  Everything is beginning to wrap up in the show and they are starting to finish plotlines, not create new ones.

On ‎9‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 2:11 AM, SevasTra82 said:

Outside of Marwyn (who will be essential to Sams plotline), and Howland Reed (who is bound to show up eventually), I don't see anyone new making an appearance at this stage of the series.  Everything is beginning to wrap up in the show and they are starting to finish plotlines, not create new ones.

Yes I agree with you here. Would be great to see Rhaegar, but I'm not holding out hope .... I did hear they have cast Professor Slughorn ( cant think of the actors name ) for season 7, my guess is he will play Marwyn.

Archived