My guess is we see the Hound finally

He certainly buried the Hound himself. I sincerely hope he won't be back, he was beyond redemption. Sandor Clegane though? Hope he's not coming back for any sort of Cleganebowl, even the Hound was reluctant to try and kill his brother, despite having a very good and fully justified opportunity. But that's books. For GoT, however, I don't hold my hopes high. Who cares for redemption arcs, when kinslaying is the new black?

20 hours ago, Olorin81 said:

But he didn't survive. The Elder Brother at the Quiet Isles tells Brienne that he burried the Hound himself and placed his helmet on his grave. That someone must have taken his helmet. We later find out that that someone is Rorge. I don't think Sandor Clegane is coming back, book or show.

I always thought that the Gravedigger is Sandor, and that he was reintroduced in the books for a reason. I think that the High Sparrow finds out about him and his born-again faith, and convinces him to be the Faith’s champion against UnGregor. Sandor does this because it is finally his chance to take out his brother. Cersei is too confident that she will win based solely on the fact that she has the Mountain. In order to have a plausible contender to Ser Robert Strong, you have to have a meaningful character. Maybe Arya returns to Westeros via the Quiet Isles, encounters Sandor, and the two of them travel to King’s Landing at the request of the Sparrows. I think Sandor will succeed, maybe with Arya killing Qyburn, which could break any magic keeping Ser Strong animated. I just think that it is too easy to see Cersei winning her trial by combat, what would be the point of even holding it unless the High Sparrow has another unexpected trick up his sleeve?

I really doubt Sandor has that much born-again faith, at least not the Faith Militant kind. QI inhabitants seemed to be a healthier kind of bielievers in the books.

And I'm really not sure if that thing counts as the Mountain to Sandor anymore.

15 hours ago, TickTak7 said:

A word of caution - often the title names have very little to do with the episode. 

"Blood of my blood" had, what? A final 2 minute scene of Dany? 

"Blood of My Blood" reflected the episode's overarcing theme of family- the Tarlys, Bran reuinted with Benjen, Margaery and Tommen's break with their families, the conflict between the Freys and the Tullys, etc.

I'd imagine that "The Broken Man" will refer to multiple elements as well- Probably Sandor, plus Bran, Theon, Jaime, Edmure, maybe Jorah?

Loras is pretty broken - mentally anyway. Bran and Theon are physically broken. Edmure is definitely in the ep, and he is probably mentally broken. Sam is broken when he faces his father. Thoros was pretty broken - the BwB was mentioned, and Brienne will be in the Riverlands. Maybe we'll get our fair lady? Maybe Brienne will be broken, she is not a man, but fights as one.

21 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

I really doubt Sandor has that much born-again faith, at least not the Faith Militant kind. QI inhabitants seemed to be a healthier kind of bielievers in the books.

Indeed, I most sincerely doubt Sandor is much of a zealot, especially of the kind that walks the streets of KL in GoT (not to mistake them with High Sparrow's folk from the book, they only share some features). I'd say Sandor's healing would be more of a psychological than religious kind anyway.

27 minutes ago, A Man is Tired said:

Loras is pretty broken - mentally anyway. Bran and Theon are physically broken. Edmure is definitely in the ep, and he is probably mentally broken. Sam is broken when he faces his father. Thoros was pretty broken - the BwB was mentioned, and Brienne will be in the Riverlands. Maybe we'll get our fair lady? Maybe Brienne will be broken, she is not a man, but fights as one.

Hard to find anyone who isn't broken in this series, apart from some psychopaths. Even the Mountain is broken in a way (in the books, Ser Strong hardly counts as a man, but in GoT its hard to say).

I think the boots walking through the field with all of the bodies laid out is indeed the hound.  And I don't think we'll get Cleganebowl in the show but we will in the books. Remember Bran had an early vision of Sansa with the hound the mountain (with black blood coming out of his open visor) and a knight in golden armor all looming over her.  The other two seem obvious but is the golden armor Jamie or Brienne or another?

On 5/31/2016 at 5:46 PM, Arale said:

How about Loras? What if he chooses to fake his conversion like Marg and the Faith picks him to fight at Cersei's trial? It would make sense to pick him, considering he's regarded as one of the most skillful swordmen in the realm (not that it matters vs Frankengregor, though). Any chance of that happening?

Loras is in no condition to fight.  Even at his best, he wouldn't stand a chance against the Mountain.  Only if they were mounted and using the long spears, tournament style would he have any shot.

Too bad Jorah wasn't around.  He seems to have good luck on the battlefield.  (Just not with stonemen).

I just wanted to say, I watched some of those episodes again, and in retrospect I find Larry and Carol ridiculous, but Arya with Tywin, Arya with the Hound and Sansa with the Hound, that was better than what we're getting now. Somehow there was time for characterization, and in theory as you go forward in a series that establishment of character makes it easier to show people things more quickly, since they have a lot of common knowledge about the characters.

But in this show, the best characters have been killed or sidelined - and while I except Tyrion, it must be said the show found a place for him to operate solo, and I don't quite know what's to become of him.

I have a question: in 2- 7 Dany tells Jorah to find the lost dragons. Immediately after a very nice scene with Emilia he goes to find them, and bumps into the masked lady who says, "Will you betray her again, Jorah the Andal?"

The #1 takeaway is, I want that mask, I'll kill for it. And, who was that lady? Is that something that was just sort of forgotten?

On 5/31/2016 at 10:48 AM, Olorin81 said:

But he didn't survive. The Elder Brother at the Quiet Isles tells Brienne that he burried the Hound himself and placed his helmet on his grave. That someone must have taken his helmet. We later find out that that someone is Rorge. I don't think Sandor Clegane is coming back, book or show.

Oh sweet summer child...

Did anyone say "Cleganebowl" yet on this thread?

Cersei said "I have the Mountain" with such arrogance that she will not go unpunished, not in this season.

The Lannister are actually compensating for Tyrion stunning success with stunning failure. I cannot remember anything in the tv series that Jaime proposed himself and succeeded doing. I bet that in the show the idea about his last deed in the books will come from Bronn, just to give him something to do.
The Hound is dead, but Sandor is alive and he could very well fight his brother, even if he is not a proper faithful, just to stop him and the dead.

Sandor could also lose the fight, but after, like, decapitating the Mountain but having him go on fighting, exposing Cersei even worse than if she lost.

We will see, maybe Sandor will appear just to have a happy ending somehow. One can always hope. Hope to let Micah's death go unpunished to the end, I mean.

On 5/31/2016 at 1:48 PM, Olorin81 said:

.....You need to re-read that chapter it seems like....

15 hours ago, Fiddlefinger said:

I just wanted to say, I watched some of those episodes again, and in retrospect I find Larry and Carol ridiculous, but Arya with Tywin, Arya with the Hound and Sansa with the Hound, that was better than what we're getting now. Somehow there was time for characterization, and in theory as you go forward in a series that establishment of character makes it easier to show people things more quickly, since they have a lot of common knowledge about the characters.

But in this show, the best characters have been killed or sidelined - and while I except Tyrion, it must be said the show found a place for him to operate solo, and I don't quite know what's to become of him.

I have a question: in 2- 7 Dany tells Jorah to find the lost dragons. Immediately after a very nice scene with Emilia he goes to find them, and bumps into the masked lady who says, "Will you betray her again, Jorah the Andal?"

The #1 takeaway is, I want that mask, I'll kill for it. And, who was that lady? Is that something that was just sort of forgotten?

ahahaha, yes, that lady and her mask, was only seen once :(  :D   

The lady in season 2 in Qarth wearing the mask is Quaithe. She's similar to Melisandre in that she's also a shadowbinder (possibly a red priestess as well). 

I was really hoping to see more of her on the show since she's focused in the books a little more, but I think that time has passed :(

Makes me sad that such interesting characters from earlier seasons fall to the wayside and are forgotten. Similar to Gendry, who I suppose is laying under a palm tree on an island off of Dorne, sipping a mimosa...

Probably we see Sandor (broken man speech from Meribald) , Theon (self described broken man), Jaime (self described broken man), and I bet a little more of Bran's (broken but not yet a man) visions of the Night's King (a little more to his/it's back story - perhaps the ultimate broken man as Benjen apparently went through the same process and doesn't seem to have the power or the inclination raise the dead and slaughter the living so quite a bit more to find out on this). Seems like one of those thematic episodes like "The Children" (S4E10).

On 6/1/2016 at 3:33 PM, Quiet Sister said:

He certainly buried the Hound himself. I sincerely hope he won't be back, he was beyond redemption. Sandor Clegane though? Hope he's not coming back for any sort of Cleganebowl, even the Hound was reluctant to try and kill his brother, despite having a very good and fully justified opportunity. But that's books. For GoT, however, I don't hold my hopes high. Who cares for redemption arcs, when kinslaying is the new black?

To be quite honest I think the UnMountain needs destroying basically because he is a no longer human but a monstrosity so, to me, he is not "kin" to anyone any more.  Granted revenge should not be every character's end game and I think there are enough clues both in series and books that warn against the consequences or existing just for revenge but hey, whether is Sandor or someone else, that "thing" and the same goes for Stoneheart (IMHO) want destroying and it would be if anything mercy to do that, so I wouldn't go throwing stones at Sandor on basis of kinslaying on this one for sure ;)  Arguably, given my intolerance of undead characters Jon should go too... I think the difference is that, so far, we have no evidence of him having lost his human traits.  Some argue that UnCat has some... still she is a very long way from what she was alive but Jon, even Coldhands in the books, Benjen here so far, appear to have a lot more of their humanity if not all, so I guess, to try and explain my "hypocrisy" I will say that the ones that totally need destroying are the ones whose only or primary function is destruction and/or revenge, or being someone's weapon with no free will as it appears to be the case with Ser Robert Strong.

On 6/1/2016 at 4:05 PM, A Man is Tired said:

I always thought that the Gravedigger is Sandor, and that he was reintroduced in the books for a reason. I think that the High Sparrow finds out about him and his born-again faith, and convinces him to be the Faith’s champion against UnGregor. Sandor does this because it is finally his chance to take out his brother. Cersei is too confident that she will win based solely on the fact that she has the Mountain. In order to have a plausible contender to Ser Robert Strong, you have to have a meaningful character. Maybe Arya returns to Westeros via the Quiet Isles, encounters Sandor, and the two of them travel to King’s Landing at the request of the Sparrows. I think Sandor will succeed, maybe with Arya killing Qyburn, which could break any magic keeping Ser Strong animated. I just think that it is too easy to see Cersei winning her trial by combat, what would be the point of even holding it unless the High Sparrow has another unexpected trick up his sleeve?

Well, it might be (or might not) be a bit far fetch for all these things to come to pass in this sort of sequence but I would certainly cheer!!!    Killing Kyburn could possibly stop UnGregor functioning and he is another one I am going to open a bottle of bubbly when he dies lol  I reckon the trial will sort of end up kind of moot at the discovery (in whichever way it happens) that Cersei's champion was not human in the first place

On 6/1/2016 at 4:30 PM, Tianzi said:

It will be certainly interesting how Sandor regards his "undead" former brother, good point.  If he were my brother, whether friend or foe in our previous history, I would certainly wanted destroyed for his own good and that of humanity though...

9 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

To be quite honest I think the UnMountain needs destroying basically because he is a no longer human but a monstrosity so, to me, he is not "kin" to anyone any more.  Granted revenge should not be every character's end game and I think there are enough clues both in series and books that warn against the consequences or existing just for revenge but hey, whether is Sandor or someone else, that "thing" and the same goes for Stoneheart (IMHO) want destroying and it would be if anything mercy to do that, so I wouldn't go throwing stones at Sandor on basis of kinslaying on this one for sure ;)  Arguably, given my intolerance of undead characters Jon should go too... I think the difference is that, so far, we have no evidence of him having lost his human traits.  Some argue that UnCat has some... still she is a very long way from what she was alive but Jon, even Coldhands in the books, Benjen here so far, appear to have a lot more of their humanity if not all, so I guess, to try and explain my "hypocrisy" I will say that the ones that totally need destroying are the ones whose only or primary function is destruction and/or revenge, or being someone's weapon with no free will as it appears to be the case with Ser Robert Strong.

100% agree when books are concerned. But who is Ser Gregor now in GoT? Still Ser Gregor, still with his own face etc. Both newly undead characters seem very much alive in the show. That's why I am mentioning kinslaying, as it's all so heavy handed in GoT that they can still easily make it about revenge and killing a monster brother, rather than relieving the kingdom of an undead monstrosity.

Archived