Bran & Meera on their way to Greywater Watch.

Nymeria-of-Royne

This is a first for me to post an "idea."  I'm posting because for the first time since I started reading the books in 2010, I came up with my very own theory. Nothing I read or talked about brought me to this.  This idea could totally suck, but I'm throwing my hat into this hotpot and giving it a whirl.

I'm not sure how much of this is connected to the books (I'm also unsure how much I want it to be) but, here's what I think is going to happen after the traumatizing, "Hold the Door" scene;  I'm probably wrong but, here it goes!

Meera and Bran are now going to run into Cold Hands (Benjen or not) and he's going to bring them to safety and then the 3 of them are going to make their way to Greywater Watch to meet up with Howland Reed and a bunch of the Children of the Forest, an army probably.  Jojen was a Greenseer and I think he knew ALL of these events long ago were going to happen which, is therefore why his father, Howland, knew what to do in preparation for the events leading to Meera's return with Bran to Greywater Watch. It was expected and Howland was planning and building the CotF army all this time. The Children "made" the WW, I believe they are the ones who will be killing them in the end.

I find it very easy to recognize the things that happen in the show which are clearly written by Dan and Dave and which are the story lines and plots created by George (TWOW spoilers.)   Hodor = Hold the Door was discussed somewhere on the internet a while ago but I had NO CLUE that was how it was going to go down.  For me, that was traumatizing yet I'm sure it will be again in the books.  I was very disappointed by the anti climactic death of Summer!  Seeing the Children created the Night's King with Dragonglass makes a great deal of sense and again, clearly, for me, comes from George, not Dan or Dave.  I just do not have the confidence they are THAT clever anyway.

2 hours ago, Lord Freddy Blackfyre said:

I do believe Meera will take Bran with her father in the Greywater Watch and at some point Jon, who will be visiting the other House of the north, will find Bran at the same time of meeting Howland Reed and learn about his origins.

I expect it to take Meera just as long to get back home to Greywater Watch as it took her to get to the cave.

That puts her back home again anywhere between seasons 10 and 13.

47 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I expect it to take Meera just as long to get back home to Greywater Watch as it took her to get to the cave.

That puts her back home again anywhere between seasons 10 and 13.

Maybe she can make a phone call to Littlefinger travel agency. But seriously, after Bran, Hold the Door, Jojen and Meera crossed the Wall it take them about two episodes to reach the weirdwood tree.

It would be sweet to see the look on Ramsay's face if the army he's forced to fight has a Giant, a Warg, and Children of the Forest in it.  You finally climb your way from bastard to Lord Warden of the North, and then you have to fight all the monsters from the scary stories you heard as a kid.

19 minutes ago, Philpenn said:

It would be sweet to see the look on Ramsay's face if the army he's forced to fight has a Giant, a Warg, and Children of the Forest in it.  You finally climb your way from bastard to Lord Warden of the North, and then you have to fight all the monsters from the scary stories you heard as a kid.

lol this would be hilarious!

11 hours ago, Lord Freddy Blackfyre said:

I do believe Meera will take Bran with her father in the Greywater Watch and at some point Jon, who will be visiting the other House of the north, will find Bran at the same time of meeting Howland Reed and learn about his origins.

Greywater Watch is south of Winterfell if I remember correctly. It would take them a long long time to get there and not be caught or seen by anyone else. I would be surprised to see this happen.

22 minutes ago, Philpenn said:

Would be great. Only thing better would be his reaction, his lip quivering like a little kid and a stream of piss running down his leg.

On 5/27/2016 at 10:26 PM, Lord Freddy Blackfyre said:

Maybe she can make a phone call to Littlefinger travel agency. But seriously, after Bran, Hold the Door, Jojen and Meera crossed the Wall it take them about two episodes to reach the weirdwood tree.

LOL!!!  I would like to call Littlefinger Travel Agency too!

On 5/27/2016 at 6:44 AM, Philpenn said:

I like that image!!

On 5/27/2016 at 7:07 AM, dbunting said:

Greywater Watch is south of Winterfell if I remember correctly. It would take them a long long time to get there and not be caught or seen by anyone else. I would be surprised to see this happen.

This is important to take into consideration when thinking about ANYONE going to Greywater Watch and Meera going to GWW:

"Our home, Greywater Watch, is no castle like you'll ever see. And seeing it once does not mean you'll ever find it again. For Greywater Watch... moves."Meera Reed

"It is a castle built upon a crannog, one of the man-made floating islands of the swamps, and it does not stay in the same place, making it impossible for ravens or enemies to find. According to Meera Reed, there is no maester there, nor any knights or masters-at-arms."

"No raven can reach Greywater Watch because it is said to be constantly moving."

"According to a semi-canon source, the Reeds descend from the First Men."

18 hours ago, Nymeria-of-Royne said:

This is important to take into consideration when thinking about ANYONE going to Greywater Watch and Meera going to GWW:

"Our home, Greywater Watch, is no castle like you'll ever see. And seeing it once does not mean you'll ever find it again. For Greywater Watch... moves."Meera Reed

"It is a castle built upon a crannog, one of the man-made floating islands of the swamps, and it does not stay in the same place, making it impossible for ravens or enemies to find. According to Meera Reed, there is no maester there, nor any knights or masters-at-arms."

"No raven can reach Greywater Watch because it is said to be constantly moving."

"According to a semi-canon source, the Reeds descend from the First Men."

Well don't forget you are mixing show and book. In the show GWW has never been stated to be a magical moving place. Also, Meera even said,  paraphrasing here ....we can go home! Well, not home, but at least out of here and eat real food!....makes it clear she knows they aren't going to GWW.

well, it's difficult to separate between book and show for certain things.  "Hold the Door" we know is a book spoiler. Even GRRM said himself that some things will be revealed, some adapted for the show and some completely different.  For me, the books are the impetus for every moment in the show.  I would NEVER be so invested as to writing and discussing in forums (and run an ASOIAF monthly book group) if it were not for the books.  my theory here is completely book tied even though we are not there yet.  I see it as book related yet manifesting here in the show as such.   It doesn't matter that the show has not "stated" GWW moves. Most things in the show do not and have not yet been clarified.   I believe Meera meant the south when she said "home."  But then again, it could also be "simple" mistake by the writers.  Just something among so many details, they overlooked because the sentence sounded good and seemed harmless when writing it.

36 minutes ago, Nymeria-of-Royne said:

well, it's difficult to separate between book and show for certain things.  "Hold the Door" we know is a book spoiler. Even GRRM said himself that some things will be revealed, some adapted for the show and some completely different.  For me, the books are the impetus for every moment in the show.  I would NEVER be so invested as to writing and discussing in forums (and run an ASOIAF monthly book group) if it were not for the books.  my theory here is completely book tied even though we are not there yet.  I see it as book related yet manifesting here in the show as such.   It doesn't matter that the show has not "stated" GWW moves. Most things in the show do not and have not yet been clarified.   I believe Meera meant the south when she said "home."  But then again, it could also simple writing mistake by the writers.  Just something, among so many details, they overlooked because the sentence sounded good and seemed harmless when writing it.

Agreed with your analysis of how to interpret the show towards the future of the book.

I very much would like to see them go to Greywater. My only concern is that it seems to be oh so far away when you account for the distances in the book. I think the chances of them meeting up with Coldhands (in the book) are high (80%). Reed are moderate (60% or so). The chances of them meeting Benjen are maybe 30-50% (but I don't subscribe to Benjen=coldhands theory). I'd add Winterfell at 20%. Perhaps they just have other Weirwood hideouts too... (15%).

So I like the theory but don't want to put money on it yet!

I believe GRRM has confirmed that we will see Reed and Benjen in the books though, so that helps!

And he has to go somewhere, right? Ideally somewhere with a Weirwood tree. 

19 hours ago, 4tomic said:

Agreed with your analysis of how to interpret the show towards the future of the book.
{cool!}
I very much would like to see them go to Greywater. My only concern is that it seems to be oh so far away when you account for the distances in the book. {again, the fact that it's "movable" accounts for everything and I believe there are a large number of TCotF there with Howland.}

I think the chances of them meeting up with Coldhands (in the book) are high (80%). {it is known} Reed are moderate (60% or so). {I am hoping but, agreed, we shall see}  The chances of them meeting Benjen are maybe 30-50% (but I don't subscribe to Benjen=coldhands theory). {I'm personally not wedded to it at all and I do indeed believe it might be a show thing}   I'd add Winterfell at 20%. Perhaps they just have other Weirwood hideouts too... (15%).  {yup, perhaps. I;m not invested in these 2 but like you added them}

So I like the theory but don't want to put money on it yet!  {I'm very good with you simply "liking" it. :) }

I believe GRRM has confirmed that we will see Reed and Benjen in the books though, so that helps!  {yup!}

And he has to go somewhere, right? Ideally somewhere with a Weirwood tree.  {I concur}

see my comments in parentheses in the quote section here.

Ha, I wrote that last comment before watching E06.

I guess after a whole season of Bran being missing, I figured his storyline couldn't be advancing that much in one episode... I'll stop there to avoid leaving any spoilers here.

Archived