NBA PLAYOFFS cont'd - Riders on the Storm

Relic

10 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Is that Charles Barkley in a cowboy hat as one of his moob cups? That's both frightening and hilarious. I like this guy.

FCC requirements. You know how they are since Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake. 

4 hours ago, Relic said:

Looking at the box score seems Morrow finally got some time off the becn. Went 4-4 in 10 minutes for 10 points. I was wondering why he wasn't playing at all in this series. Can anyone who watched the game comment on how Morrow did defensively? 

I am surprised to hear that he played 10 mins, I would have thought it would be 5-6. As Prince of Dorne said, he came in at the start of 2nd quarter, hit a bunch of shots within a couple of minutes, lost a ball and was taken out, never to be seen again.  (May have entered within the last 30 secs when the game was over).  There wasn't any chance to judge his defense really.

I thought he was playing very well, they could have used him more (say, instead of Foye, who wasn't doing much). 

37 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

I think the Thunder take it too. Homecourt advantage is massive in this series - both have rabid crowds. 

True, but I also think both teams are getting very favorable calls on their home courts.  There aren't many big time mistakes (except for Westbrook's moonwalk) but there seem to be quite a bit of inconsistency.  Westbrook and Durant has a much easier time getting calls at home.  Maybe it does not matter since they ended up blowing GSW away both times, but I think it helps their psyche.  When the game gets tight and they are not really clicking, a couple of bailout calls here and there help them keep momentum and then they find an opening and go for the kill.  Whereas on the defense, OKC is defending Curry very aggressively, especially off the ball and getting away with it. 

On the other hand, the script seemed to flip in the last game.  There was a lot of contact in OKC's drives and also in off the ball defense, especially in the first and in the last quarter that the refs let go. Yet GSW was able to get calls for much less.

I enjoyed the series overall, especially the fact that it is quite unpredictable.  I have no idea what to expect (especially from 
Curry and Westbrook) next game.  Can't wait!

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

I think the Thunder take it too. Homecourt advantage is massive in this series - both have rabid crowds. I mean I hope I'm wrong. I like OKC as a team a lot but have found myself getting emotionally invested in the Warriors which is weird for a non-DC team. Just such a fan of their style of play; when they're on it's unlike anything I've seen in on NBA hardwood. For them to set all kinds of records only to get knocked out in the WCF would be an immense blow. But wouldn't be able to say the Thunder haven't been the better team.

Regardless, I'm psyched we're getting a game 6. It would've been awful if this series never reached a pivotal moment. Imagine the urgency from both teams will be off the charts. I know I'll be white-knuckling every possession. 

I have been rooting for GSW to come back all series, but I won't mind at all if OKC advances.  I might be rooting for them by Saturday, we'll see.  Westbrook, Durant and International MonStars vs the Cavs Big Three would be a lot of fun. 

15 minutes ago, aeu said:

When the game gets tight and they are not really clicking, a couple of bailout calls here and there help them keep momentum and then they find an opening and go for the kill.  Whereas on the defense, OKC is defending Curry very aggressively, especially off the ball and getting away with it. 

On the other hand, the script seemed to flip in the last game.  There was a lot of contact in OKC's drives and also in off the ball defense, especially in the first and in the last quarter that the refs let go. Yet GSW was able to get calls for much less.

I enjoyed the series overall, especially the fact that it is quite unpredictable.  I have no idea what to expect (especially from 
Curry and Westbrook) next game.  Can't wait!

I don't think the calls have been bad, but maybe a bit inconsistent as you mentioned. It seemed to me that the Thunder lived on the line in Game 4. I think that actually built their momentum, not just maintained it. I think they went to the line like 12 times in the 2nd quarter of that game. That said, I think those calls were mostly legit. They kept breaking down the Warriors defense in the paint once Bogut got into foul trouble. I feel like the Warriors did much the same thing to the Thunder last night, especially in the 1st half. Good ball movement had the Thunder defense on its' heels, and they would overreact when the Warriors drove the lane.

Just now, Pony Queen Jace said:

Rapts look like a poorly coached highschool team again.

At least they're getting open looks from 3 - they're just bricking them constantly. They're 2/12 from 3 and Cleveland is 10/15...that's the whole difference in the game. 

16 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

At least they're getting open looks from 3 - they're just bricking them constantly. They're 2/12 from 3 and Cleveland is 10/15...that's the whole difference in the game. 

True, but their transition game has been dogshit and that offends me.

2 minutes ago, Ramsay Blow said:

Did I just turn the game on and see them showing JR Smith hustling highlights?! 

It's like when Randy Moss got traded to the Vikings and ESPN tried to convince us that his 2 catch 17 yard performance hid a whole lot of effort!!!

Except Randy Moss wasn't shitting all over a Raptors team that has folded up the chairs and is piling into the minivan.

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Rapts look like a poorly coached highschool team again.

To be fair, that is what they look like all the time.  Casey is terrible at everything that isn't motivating; I will admit he is pretty fantastic at that.  So I'm happy, good season and we lost to a better team.  If we had lost to Indiana or Miami I wouldn't have been happy.  Now if only Ujiri doesn't  resign DeRozan to the max.  Please, please, please.

1 hour ago, Slurktan said:

To be fair, that is what they look like all the time.  Casey is terrible at everything that isn't motivating; I will admit he is pretty fantastic at that.  So I'm happy, good season and we lost to a better team.  If we had lost to Indiana or Miami I wouldn't have been happy.  Now if only Ujiri doesn't  resign DeRozan to the max.  Please, please, please.

Well with the team going farther than it ever has, Casey isn't going anywhere. Which means JV will continue to improve despite not getting touches. It also means DD will probably get the max. 

If the raps shit the bed next year, I hope they can Casey and get a tactician as head coach. There's some really nice versatility on the squad that could be utilized. This team could use an offensive game plan other than isolation and bricking tough shots (tbf they had some good looks tonight, just bricked em). But all this is wishful thinking. Ah well. 

50 minutes ago, Kindly Old Man said:

I'm so happy the Raptors are finally out of it. Hopefully they max DeRozan and stick with Casey and slide back into mediocrity forever.

I don't know who you are, but i hate you lol

Archived