NBA PLAYOFFS cont'd - Riders on the Storm

Relic

3 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I feel a little better about the Warrior's chances now, as Kevin Durant says the Thunder aren't watching film of Game 6.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kevin-durant-thunder-players-wont-watch-film-game-6-collapse-vs-warriors/

/Yeah, why bother trying to identify your mistakes, right?

To be fair the mistakes are fucking obvious. 6 turnovers in the final 3 minutes/poor shot selection. 

Try as i might i simply can not picture OKC winning this game 7. Game 7s on the road are incredibly tough, and the home teams have like a 80% win rate. I will be shocked if the Warriors lose. 

12 minutes ago, Relic said:

To be fair the mistakes are fucking obvious. 6 turnovers in the final 3 minutes/poor shot selection. 

Try as i might i simply can not picture OKC winning this game 7. Game 7s on the road are incredibly tough, and the home teams have like a 80% win rate. I will be shocked if the Warriors lose. 

True, but I still think that's a stupid tact to take. You just blew a lead late in your house, in the most important game of your season, and you're not going to watch tape? Seems crazy to me.

/I hope you're right, but I'm not willing to underestimate this Thunder team. They are just too good.

Agreed that Golden State likely wins, but like I said earlier, if the Thunder bring their A game, they aren't losing to anybody, anywhere.  That will require Durant to really bring it, but he is obviously capable.

4 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I feel a little better about the Warrior's chances now, as Kevin Durant says the Thunder aren't watching film of Game 6.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kevin-durant-thunder-players-wont-watch-film-game-6-collapse-vs-warriors/

/Yeah, why bother trying to identify your mistakes, right?

They have done the exact same mistakes in similar situations all season. Especially him.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Some chump paid 29k per for a pair of courtside seats to Game 7 at Oracle. Must be nice to have that sort of disposable income. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/fan-shells-out-58k-to-sit-courtside-at-game-7-of-warriors-thunder/

Who would have thought there was extra disposable income in Silicon Valley.

Outcome will either be:

GS 117, OKC 98 (63% chance)

OKC 120, GS 94 (37% chance).

I honestly don't see a close game in this one.

3 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Warriors by at least 18 points. I've seen this shit countless times before. A series goes back and forth and in the end the game 7 features a mentally defeated team just getting steamrolled.

Think you'll know the outcome after first 8 minutes of the game, one way or the other. I think one team is going to build a big lead and not relinquish it.

1 hour ago, Red Tiger said:

Warriors by at least 18 points. I've seen this shit countless times before. A series goes back and forth and in the end the game 7 features a mentally defeated team just getting steamrolled.

yeah hard for me to see another outcome as well. BUT ill be thrilled to have been wrong IF...

Caught up with both the Simmons and Lowe podcasts from pre-game 6 and both basically said some variation on "the Warriors only win if Klay and Steph combine for 15 threes". And of course they hit 17 which remains absurd. And many were ridiculous level of difficulty shots....and yet still barely won. Because the Thunder control the paint with their length and athleticism, the margin for error for the Warriors is razor thin. They've barely been on the right side of it in games 5 and 6 and it took two A games. They may need a third. 

For that reason, I'm gonna revise my take. I think it's a 50/50 game. Warriors have homecourt, momentum and now the mental edge. Thunder have the knowledge they've been the better team this series and that Durant/Westbrook could conceivably reach a higher level at least offensively whereas you have to think the Splash Brothers basically maxed out in game 6. That said, I don't think that loss was as demoralizing as 2013 Spurs-Heat game 6, but it's close. 

Been a long time since I've looked forward to a game 7 this much. Huge legacy game. Whoever advances to the Finals will have fucking earned it. 

The five year old in my house has spoken:

"The Golden Bridges will win because they play good at home."

Write it down, kid has called it.

11 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Will the Warriors make it back to Coney Island before daybreak?

http://i.imgur.com/ZpEkP.gif?noredirect

Can you count, suckers? I say, the future is ours...if you can count to seven!

Masai: [addressing the Gramercy Riffs] Who are the Warriors?

[no reply]

Masai: There must be some word!

[no reply]

Masai: I want them all! I want ALL the Warriors! I want them alive, if possible. If not, wasted! But I want them. Send the word!

I have no idea who will take it. Thunder is totally capable of winning it, but I have serious doubts whether the two OKC ball dominators are willing to make the necessarry adjustments and become facilitators (making the extra pass) at key moments. If they dont adjust they will be throttled.

Archived