Is Sansa Pregnant?

ununsullied

1 minute ago, House Cambodia said:

We don't know, of course, but what would be the point in focusing on her just changing her clothes?

Symbols. There's a politics to dressing. 

26 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Yeh, maybe the direwolf she sewed into it is the only significant part of the dialogue. I just have this bad feeling .....

Yes, changing clothes is symbolic of something. All the characters get dirty and need to change so I don't think we are seeing her change because she has had a long journey. Dani changes clothes all the time but doesn't mention it. Jon is changing into a Stark/Ned with his new ponytail and fur. Sansa is already a Stark, the dire wolf doesn't give us any new info about her. We know she loved to sew in her younger days. Her changing her dress is definitely meaningful. Just like the end of series 4 when she suddenly changed into those vampish clothes symbolising a change and we all got excited and then she spent all season 5 being abused!! Boo. So pls don't be a baby. Not a Ramsay baby

35 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

I have a bad feeling that you're all missing a key clue. I wondered if that line of dialogue implied she was pregnant and concluded 'nah' like you lot. But then came the second reveal - she's just knocked up a maternity dress!

The cloak she made for Jon could turn out to be significant, but what was the point of mentioning the dress she made for herself?

Yup, I'm leaning towards 'pregnant' and all the appalling and scary implications that suggests.

Plus she couldn't eat the food

Sansa is so up the duff :D

I think it will lead to a falling out between her and Jon - she'll want to keep the non bastard Stark/Bolton and Jon will not agree. A falling out between her and Jon has also been hinted at.

8 minutes ago, ununsullied said:

Plus she couldn't eat the food

I mean....no one in the Night's Watch can really eat the food. It's been said over and over that their food sucks. lol

1 minute ago, Pandean said:

I mean....no one in the Night's Watch can really eat the food. It's been said over and over that their food sucks. lol

exactly - so why say it again, at that point, just after the talk she had with Littlefinger. I think it's intentional. But whether it is just a red herring we will have to wait and see

I tell you why I think she is pregnant… after watching this episode I came on here and posted that it was the worst episode I had seen. I thought season 6 was picking up after a lousy season 5, but after watching this episode I actually posted how disappointed I was with the Sansa scene and her dialogue especially. I felt that Sansa, a lady of dignity, would never discuss what Ramsay had done to her in detail. I felt a look of contempt at Littlefinger and some small words would convey everything. I thought, 'why are the show runners making her tell Littlefinger in detail about Ramsay and what he did. A lady would never tell. Little finger would be able to read the horrors on her face. And the audience already knows the horrors so the dialogue is clumsy, and repetitive' 

But now I see that they were trying to hint at a double meaning to the viewers, because Sansa would never talk like this

4 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Good point, although FWIW I think ep 5 is by far and away the best of this series so far.

Agree - the scene with the children pushing the shard into that dude's chest is one of the best scenes in the entire show. Full on dark fantasy - exactly what this is supposed to be about. Notice how evil Leaf's stare is in it - just awesome.

Also, most of the dialogue in episode 5 was enjoyable enough and felt like it meant something for the future direction of the story, unlike the first 4 eps. Let's hope episode 6 is to 5s standard.

3 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Good point, although FWIW I think ep 5 is by far and away the best of this series so far.

For me, the clues are all there. Jon's not the only Stark sporting a bun ;)

no, i'm just saying that his appearance is getting more Stark like

3 minutes ago, ummester said:

Agree - the scene with the children pushing the shard into that dude's chest is one of the best scenes in the entire show. Full on dark fantasy - exactly what this is supposed to be about. Notice how evil Leaf's stare is in it - just awesome.

Also, most of the dialogue in episode 5 was enjoyable enough and felt like it meant something for the future direction of the story, unlike the first 4 eps. Let's hope episode 6 is to 5s standard.

I don't know why I disliked it so much. I was enjoying season 6. I think for me it all just suddenly went so quickly, the Hodor and Whitewalker's reveal, were just suddenly out there too fast. I understand we are running out of episodes (which is a shame as more episodes would tell it better) but they have spent so many seasons building the story up which is one of the things i loved about the show, and then all this happened in under an hour.

I was not happy that Summer, who I felt to be an important dire wolf with all the warging etc, did not get a more significant death

5 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

Yeh, Summer's death was totally lost in the Hodor drama. But at least there wasn't a pointless Dorne-like massacre. FWIW, I don't see Summer dying in that context in the book, although if Bran is The Last Hero, Summer will have to die.

As a person who has only read 1.5 books I don't really know the proper Dorne story but i've never liked the show storyline once it got past the Mountain and the Viper episode. I am hoping the whole storyline goes away for good. 

6 hours ago, ununsullied said:

exactly - so why say it again, at that point, just after the talk she had with Littlefinger. I think it's intentional. But whether it is just a red herring we will have to wait and see

I thought of it more as running gag territory--and also a sign that she's changed perceptives because Old Sansa might've pitched a fit. But this Sansa says food doesn't matter.

Until we get a shot of her vomiting, I'll hold that position.

It has been foreshadowed from season 1 when Cersei is talking to Sansa about how even though Joffrey is a monster, she will love and do anything for their child. Seems like the theme keeps coming up... 

Spoiler

Harry the Heir is just a stepping stone for Sansa to regain control of the north and get pregnant from a guy she doesn't love. If he ends up being evil in the books, it makes sense that the show would streamline and just hook her up with Ramsey.

When she asks Jon if he likes her dress, the awkward looks before and after "I like the wolf bit"... Sansa gives him this look like "yeah, that other thing the rest of the dress is dealing with is pretty unfortunate and can't really be helped"

On 25.5.2016 at 0:40 AM, HellasLEAF said:

I mean there there is no birth control in Westeroos outside of pulling out I assume..

When Sam brought Gilly to the brothel in Molestown (S5 IIRC), we were treated to a scene of a whore rinsing out a condom in preparation for the next customer ...

The costume designer puts a lot of thought and effort into the clothing.  Her change of clothes reveals a change in her circumstances, shedding the shitstorm of being captured by Ramsey. It is also her declaration of her "Starkness" with the giant Direwolf on the front of it and her giving Jon a cape like Ned's.  It her way of showing him he is a Stark and they are unified in their goal of reclaiming Winterfell.  

I didn't read anything more into it and pregnancy wise, it would be at least 4 months, but more like 6 months, based on the clothing they wear before she would have to change due to pregnancy. I don't think the timeline matches up. 

1 hour ago, imp-ty said:

It has been foreshadowed from season 1 when Cersei is talking to Sansa about how even though Joffrey is a monster, she will love and do anything for their child. Seems like the theme keeps coming up... 

Reveal hidden contents

Harry the Heir is just a stepping stone for Sansa to regain control of the north and get pregnant from a guy she doesn't love. If he ends up being evil in the books, it makes sense that the show would streamline and just hook her up with Ramsey.

When she asks Jon if he likes her dress, the awkward looks before and after "I like the wolf bit"... Sansa gives him this look like "yeah, that other thing the rest of the dress is dealing with is pretty unfortunate and can't really be helped"

ooh I did wonder why he said ' I like the wolf bit' !!

Archived