Is Sansa Pregnant?

ununsullied

25 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

This is pretty silly. Moon tea is a thing, ya know

I was kinda joking, just wanted to make an outrageous statement about this little cunt... Now that I think of it I'm sure Georges has a precise idea on Ramsay's seeding potential. Moon Tea exists, the Romans used Ice if I'm not mistaken (plenty of it in the north).

Interesting tidbit: 

https://theawl.com/hideous-birth-control-methods-through-the-ages-187bd9874601#.hpyusj7xc

I don't see why not. The first three episodes at the wall happen in about 48 hours after Jon's dead. Sansa Bolton arrived to Castle Black within a week (remember that Jon is still there after his watch ended). On the other side, a Sansa's claim to Winterfell is stronger with Ramsay because as a Stark she has not claim to it as long as Bran and Rickon are alive and we also don't know what the show will do with Robb's will (if anything at all).

9 hours ago, LadyAlisande said:

If she is, she might not know yet. Not all women experience morning sickness -- that's a cliche. Without a pregnancy test, and given that stress and poor diet could also cause her to miss periods, she might not know for months after conception. 

I don't think they'll go that direction, though. Talk about a cliche -- having to bear your rapist's baby is such a tired old plot device, I think everyone involved with this show has more imagination than that, and will take Sansa's character in a more surprising and original direction.

She has suffered enough - time for her to start kicking butt and becoming a player instead of a victim.

"Suffered enough"? She still has to bury Rickon. No Stark has suffered enough on this series.

10 hours ago, Kolx said:

There's  no way the baby would have survived the fall if she was carrying Ramsay's child so no. It would be really ridiculous if it happened.

This. Why do people not put this into equation? If a 15+(?) metres fall does not cause a miscarriage, I don't know what does. Add crossing an icy cold river during winter and being chased down by dogs. It's a stretch that she even survived this.

Besides, with such a major character carrying a rape child, no matter what showrunners decide to do about it, it will enrage some people and be treated by everyone as a commentary on abortion issues.

6 hours ago, Kiwi said:

This. Why do people not put this into equation? If a 15+(?) metres fall does not cause a miscarriage, I don't know what does. Add crossing an icy cold river during winter and being chased down by dogs. It's a stretch that she even survived this.

What equation? A high fall doesn't matter much to a bunch of cells that have just implanted within the uterus lining (i.e. no weight and no dangling at this point to be affected by an abrupt stop). And physical and emotional stress, though certainly not "helpful", doesn't prevent a pregnancy either. So from a biological stand-point, even with everything that happened before and during her escape, it's totally possible that Sansa is (still) pregnant if the rape happened within the last 7-14 days before her escape.

But then again, in order for Sansa to feel the baby kick in 6x05 and tell LF that she does, she must be 20-ish weeks into her pregnancy. And THAT doesn't really add up for me, so either our presumed timelines are wrong, or she wasn't pregant to begin with (per your reasons), or the writers took a bit of liberty with how pregnancy actually works (in which case no logical arguments work in our favor).

About Ramsay's capability to have children. In ep 5-06 Myranda washes Sansa's hair and they have a nice little chat:

M y r a n d a. Lord Ramsay sent me to draw you a bath, my lady. You want to be clean and fresh for your new husband, don't you? You're so beautiful, but you need to keep him happy. Ramsay gets bored easily. You don't want to end up like-- well, like the others.
S a n s a. What others?
M y r a n d a. I shouldn't gossip. Oh, it's good to see the red again. [about Sansa's hair] No point hiding anymore. What others? Let's see, there was Kyra the blacksmith's daughter. She was tall like you, lovely figure. But she talked and talked and talked and Ramsay grew tired of that. Then there was Violet. She had gorgeous blonde hair. But she got pregnant. And, well, that was boring.

On 5/26/2016 at 11:06 AM, Ser Hyle said:

It wouldn't be as simple as Sansa declaring the child a Stark, especially if Ramsay is alive. But if you think so, that's cool.

The house system of westeros either does that sort of thing commonly or it makes no sense that most of the major familes are dynasties that have lasted nearly 10 thousand years. In 10 thousand years, no stark head of house ever had only daughters?

These houses all last like 10X longer than real world houses and they use rules of inheritance that should make them less stable not more. European dynasties usually let uncles rule over daughters.

It really only makes sense if say a Bolton and Stark mixed offspring just adopted whichever house whose lands and titles they inherrit.

Basically it only makes sense if Sansa's offspring can be Starks.

Plus Sansa always has an out. Her marriage to Ramsay probably wasn't legal since she was married to Tyrion. I dunno what it takes to get a married annulled since the Northmen don't seem to have an organized religion. If she has a kid by Ramsay, she can call it a bastard. Hell, she could even call it a Lannister and rightful Lord of Casterly Rock. Though people would call bullshit on it.

On May 26, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Ser Hyle said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Another big spoiler on Reddit describes the Battle of the Bastards in detail and according to him Ramsay is most definitely slain by Jon.

For the love of all things sacred I hope so.  

6 hours ago, Pumpkin G. Snark said:

About Ramsay's capability to have children. In ep 5-06 Myranda washes Sansa's hair and they have a nice little chat:

M y r a n d a. Lord Ramsay sent me to draw you a bath, my lady. You want to be clean and fresh for your new husband, don't you? You're so beautiful, but you need to keep him happy. Ramsay gets bored easily. You don't want to end up like-- well, like the others.
S a n s a. What others?
M y r a n d a. I shouldn't gossip. Oh, it's good to see the red again. [about Sansa's hair] No point hiding anymore. What others? Let's see, there was Kyra the blacksmith's daughter. She was tall like you, lovely figure. But she talked and talked and talked and Ramsay grew tired of that. Then there was Violet. She had gorgeous blonde hair. But she got pregnant. And, well, that was boring.

with respect - not the same as an heir to the throne. Tho I do hope the marriage is annulled. Sansa and Tyrion 4 eva!!

On 5/25/2016 at 9:28 AM, ununsullied said:

In the first scene she says to Little finger that she can still feel what Ramsay did to her inside her every day!!??

I took it to mean that what he did to her sexually was so depraved she is still healing from it, especially since it was either preceded or followed by a comment regarding cutting.

16 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Besides, with such a major character carrying a rape child, no matter what showrunners decide to do about it, it will enrage some people and be treated by everyone as a commentary on abortion issues.

She landed in snow. A jolt may cause a miscarriage, a soft landing may avoid it. Those tribal women that used to force miscarriage by jumping out of trees and landing on their butts did it on hard ground,

As for carrying a rape child and bringing up abortion issues - controversy has been part of this saga (including the books) from the start. Why stop? Sex sells, violence sells and controversy sells - I think both GRRM and D&D have utilised this to their advantage.

Oh fuck no. She better not be. If she is I will go to D&D's doorstep and personally give them the gift. I think the words were just a way of describing how disgusting and used she felt--it's something a lot of assault survivors deal with. I can't really explain it with justice but you feel...dirty and used and like a dirty napkin....it's just this physical unease with your own self. You're just disgusted and you feel it on your skin and inside of you.

And I think that her comment before: "I don't mean I still feel it in my tender heart it pains me so" is a big reveal of what it really means. That quote ^ is something Sansa probably would've subscribed to years ago. It's a very romanticized notion and something you'd find in a song about fair ladies. I honestly think that line shows Sansa mocking the tales she once believed in. Because being the damsel in distress and being mistreated doesn't just pain you in your tender heart. It makes you feel like dirt. 

Like...I'm not gonna get into what happened to me because that doesn't matter...but I definitely think the line was made with the experience of a assault survivor in mind. Because it's something you feel in you for a long time. And I also think the line before it was meant to mock how she might've once thought--she's no longer someone who faints or clutches her breast in fear or whatever. It's not hurting her tender heart; she feels fucking disgusting.

1 hour ago, Pandean said:

Oh fuck no. She better not be. If she is I will go to D&D's doorstep and personally give them the gift. I think the words were just a way of describing how disgusting and used she felt--it's something a lot of assault survivors deal with. I can't really explain it with justice but you feel...dirty and used and like a dirty napkin....it's just this physical unease with your own self. You're just disgusted and you feel it on your skin and inside of you.

And I think that her comment before: "I don't mean I still feel it in my tender heart it pains me so" is a big reveal of what it really means. That quote ^ is something Sansa probably would've subscribed to years ago. It's a very romanticized notion and something you'd find in a song about fair ladies. I honestly think that line shows Sansa mocking the tales she once believed in. Because being the damsel in distress and being mistreated doesn't just pain you in your tender heart. It makes you feel like dirt. 

Like...I'm not gonna get into what happened to me because that doesn't matter...but I definitely think the line was made with the experience of a assault survivor in mind. Because it's something you feel in you for a long time. And I also think the line before it was meant to mock how she might've once thought--she's no longer someone who faints or clutches her breast in fear or whatever. It's not hurting her tender heart; she feels fucking disgusting.

I get it and I am actually a survivor or rape myself so I totally understand, but I still think that that bit of dialogue is ambiguous. I am hoping it's just a red herring. I really don't want it to be the case

Just now, ununsullied said:

I get it and I am actually a survivor or rape myself so I totally understand, but I still think that that bit of dialogue is ambiguous. I am hoping it's just a red herring. I really don't want it to be the case

Yeah. It definitely is ambiguous. I'm hoping it's a red herring.

Seriously. #GiveSansaABreak2016

I have a bad feeling that you're all missing a key clue. I wondered if that line of dialogue implied she was pregnant and concluded 'nah' like you lot. But then came the second reveal - she's just knocked up a maternity dress!

The cloak she made for Jon could turn out to be significant, but what was the point of mentioning the dress she made for herself?

Yup, I'm leaning towards 'pregnant' and all the appalling and scary implications that suggests.

2 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

I have a bad feeling that you're all missing a key clue. I wondered if that line of dialogue implied she was pregnant and concluded 'nah' like you lot. But then came the second reveal - she's just knocked up a maternity dress!

The cloak she made for Jon could turn out to be significant, but what was the point of mentioning the dress she made for herself?

Yup, I'm leaning towards 'pregnant' and all the appalling and scary implications that suggests.

I mean, it could also just be the fact she's in like one dress the entire ride north and she wants to shed that dress and the ugliness associated with it and make herself some Stark gear.

I don't know if it's a maternity dress of a continuation of Sansa making her own clothing because symbols are power and all.

We didn't really see anything lower than chest so...wouldn't know.

Archived