So Brienne is being sent to Riverrun...

The Water Dancerr

Everyone's talking all about Hodor, Bran, White Walkers, time travel, etc., after this episode. But something a bit more subtle and seemingly not that significant caught my attention.
Sansa's sending Brienne to Riverrun to rally the Tully army.
Does anyone else think that Brienne's going to encounter the long forgotten Lady Stoneheart?

6 minutes ago, ssls6 said:

I think instead she will find the Lannister/Terrell army camped outside.  I think LF was playing Sansa and is after the North.

Why do you think this? Has there been any mention of Riverrun in Kingslanding? We see that the Tyrells are just now showing up to KL and not to help the Lannisters but to save Maergery. They have no reason whatsoever to send their troops to Riverrun.

I just can't see this happening without any of it appearing on screen in KL first.

It would be nice. Bringing in Lady Stoneheart would be an amazing plot twist, even for book readers. 

Sansa sending Brienne away at this vital time is exactly what Littlefinger wants. Brienne might get there and find no army at all. Or, the Blackfish might ignore her request. 

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Why do you think this? Has there been any mention of Riverrun in Kingslanding? We see that the Tyrells are just now showing up to KL and not to help the Lannisters but to save Maergery. They have no reason whatsoever to send their troops to Riverrun.

I just can't see this happening without any of it appearing on screen in KL first.

I guess I think LF is playing a game for the North and with the Blackfish holding Riverrun, LF probably expects a Lannister/Terrell response.  LF was promised the North from Cerci so I think that motivates him.  The crown will never let him keep Sansa so there must be more to his game.

He is consistently untrustworthy.  Bringing the Vale armies north was not just about Sansa like he stated....it's also not about pleasing Cerci....it's about power.

40 minutes ago, RoamingRonin said:

It would be nice. Bringing in Lady Stoneheart would be an amazing plot twist, even for book readers. 

Sansa sending Brienne away at this vital time is exactly what Littlefinger wants. Brienne might get there and find no army at all. Or, the Blackfish might ignore her request. 

If they will ever bring lady stoneheart in the show she would be as butchered as euron. It will be better for her if she will not appear. 

3 hours ago, Hillary said:

Everyone's talking all about Hodor, Bran, White Walkers, time travel, etc., after this episode. But something a bit more subtle and seemingly not that significant caught my attention.
Sansa's sending Brienne to Riverrun to rally the Tully army.
Does anyone else think that Brienne's going to encounter the long forgotten Lady Stoneheart?

We are 100% getting some form of Lady Stoneheart/Brotherhood plotline imo.  Not sure if we're actually getting the Lady Stoneheart though, just elements of that plotline. We know 

Spoiler

that Thoros of Myr is returning and some brutal outlaw group is being cast that is likely terrorizing the riverlands.

Putting 2 and 2 together, with Brienne returning to the Riverlands and Jaime likely to leave KL at some point (based on trailers), it does seem as if they are being put into position for that.

3 hours ago, dbunting said:

If you look at the episode synopses for episodes 6 and 7, it certainly sounds like Jaime is up to two very different things in each episode. Obviously he is in KL this week doing something against the High Sparrow, but the episode 7 synopsis says that he "confronts a hero." We know from the season 6 trailer that Jaime goes to some encampment (presumably in the Riverlands).

52 minutes ago, RoamingRonin said:

Exactly.

25 minutes ago, ssls6 said:

I guess I think LF is playing a game for the North and with the Blackfish holding Riverrun, LF probably expects a Lannister/Terrell response.  LF was promised the North from Cerci so I think that motivates him.  The crown will never let him keep Sansa so there must be more to his game.

He is consistently untrustworthy.  Bringing the Vale armies north was not just about Sansa like he stated....it's also not about pleasing Cerci....it's about power.

He is probably "holding Riverrun" in much the same way he was in the books. Sure, he was there, but he was surrounded by enemies. So, we're going to see some Freys. Hopefully, we'll see some Freys die.

40 minutes ago, ssls6 said:

LF was promised the North from Cerci so I think that motivates him.  The crown will never let him keep Sansa so there must be more to his game.

When was this in the show because I cannot remember.  I know of the letter LF received at Winterfell when he was there with Sansa last season but I don't remember what that letter was about

I expect her to cross over at the Quiet Isle with the tide out, be the one to introduce us the Elder Brother, see the Hound, confront the Hound since they met previously, see he's... different... and move along and ultimately meet Jaime having already re-taken Riverrun.  I think she's our vehicle to those intro's (re-intro's?).

3 minutes ago, Soccer69 said:

When was this in the show because I cannot remember.  I know of the letter LF received at Winterfell when he was there with Sansa last season but I don't remember what that letter was about

Season 5, Episode 6

Baelish returns to King's Landing to find the city under the rule of the newly-reestablished Faith Militant. Lancel Lannister, a member of the religious cult known as the Sparrows, warns him that his days as a brothel owner in the capital are over. He goes to meet Cersei and he informs her of the Boltons' plans to marry Sansa to Ramsay. Angered at the Boltons' betrayal, Cersei agrees with Baelish's plans to lead an army of Vale knights to Winterfell to reclaim the North for the Lannisters, as the warriors from the Eyrie are trained to fight in winter (the weather is starting to turn at this point). In exchange, Baelish asks to be appointed as the new Warden of the North once Winterfell is taken and both the Boltons and Stannis are defeated. Cersei agrees and tells him to return that night to have the King sign a royal decree promoting him.[33]

Of course LF wants the North. We know that for a fact. It's the reason behind marrying Sansa to Ramsey. So he could make the Boltons look like traitors, wipe out the North forces with the intact Vale army, and be Warden of the North.

The way the made this is a bit silly (like Cersei already agreeing to this without even knowing for a fact that Sansa was there, or that she had married, or that it was Roose's idea), but LF's plan is clear.

He may have not known Ramsay was a psycho (in fact, Aidan says he didn't), but that's his plan all along.

17 minutes ago, ssls6 said:

Season 5, Episode 6

Baelish returns to King's Landing to find the city under the rule of the newly-reestablished Faith Militant. Lancel Lannister, a member of the religious cult known as the Sparrows, warns him that his days as a brothel owner in the capital are over. He goes to meet Cersei and he informs her of the Boltons' plans to marry Sansa to Ramsay. Angered at the Boltons' betrayal, Cersei agrees with Baelish's plans to lead an army of Vale knights to Winterfell to reclaim the North for the Lannisters, as the warriors from the Eyrie are trained to fight in winter (the weather is starting to turn at this point). In exchange, Baelish asks to be appointed as the new Warden of the North once Winterfell is taken and both the Boltons and Stannis are defeated. Cersei agrees and tells him to return that night to have the King sign a royal decree promoting him.[33]

thanks but did we ever see that royal decree?

43 minutes ago, BulletTooth_Tony said:

I expect her to cross over at the Quiet Isle with the tide out, be the one to introduce us the Elder Brother, see the Hound, confront the Hound since they met previously, see he's... different... and move along and ultimately meet Jaime having already re-taken Riverrun.  I think she's our vehicle to those intro's (re-intro's?).

Yes, I'd forgotten about this side of things.

56 minutes ago, ssls6 said:

Season 5, Episode 6

You should have all just believed me when I first told you she won this thread.

Also, 

Spoiler

The Jaime in the Riverlands storyline is happening this season as per the trailers.

LF doesn't really need Sansa anymore except to rally the North to her cause.  Once that's done and the Boltons are removed he can sell her out to Cersei.  And I'm betting that there is no Tully Army, or at least none that can help Sansa, after all the only word of that Army and the "retaking of Riverrun" comes from LF himself.  LF will then (if his plan works) be Warden of the North and Lord Protector of the Vale (with SweetRobin under his boot) and thereby a military and political force to be reckoned with, on par with the Tyrell's and the Lannisters.  And I'm still pretty certain that LF has a side deal with the Tyrells.  Meanwhile the Tyrells and the Lannisters will be tied up in a war with the Faith.  What did LF say about chaos, that it's a ladder?  Two things would stand in his way, the White Walkers, and Dany who is being advised by LF's two implacable foes, Tyrion (who realizes that he should have killed LF when he had the chance) and Varys.

Archived