Cleverman (SundanceTV/BBC3/ABC) : starring Iain Glen,Frances O’Connor

AncalagonTheBlack

This sounds and looks great (from the trailers),plus it has Ser Friendzone in it :D

CLEVERMAN - OFFICIAL TRAILER - ABCTV and Sundance TV

CLEVERMAN | 'Fight Back' Official Teaser | SundanceTV

Cleverman is an upcoming American-Australian-New Zealand television drama series based on an original concept by Ryan Griffen. The series will air on ABC in Australia, SundanceTV in the United States and BBC3 in the UK in 2016.

Set in the near future, “Cleverman” sees a species from ancient mythology living amongst humans and battling for survival in a world that wants to silence, exploit and destroy them. At the heart of the story are two estranged brothers, Koen and Waruu West, who are forced together to fight against terrifying enemies – both human and not of this world

The six-part drama series reflects on racism, asylum seekers and border protection. Its central story revolves around two estranged indigenous brothers who are forced together to fight for their own survival. Otherworldly dreamtime creatures also emerge into this real world dystopian landscape.

The series will premiere in the UK later this year on BBC3 , following the program’s world premiere's on SundanceTV in the U.S. on June 1 and on ABC/ABC iview in Australia on June 2.

Directed by Wayne Blair (The Sapphires) and Leah Purcell, an acclaimed ensemble cast includes Scottish actor Iain Glen (Game Of Thrones), Golden Globe nominee Frances O’Connor (The Missing), Logie Award-winner Deborah Mailman (The Sapphires), Hunter Page-Lochard (The Sapphires), Rob Collins (The Lion King) and Stef Dawson (The Hunger Games). Creatures and effects are by the Oscar-winning Weta Workshop (Lord Of The Rings trilogy, The Hobbit trilogy)

• 4 months later...

Has anyone else watched this?  The season is now up on Netflix.  Just finished it.  I had a hard time getting into it as I couldn't connect with the characters, but I started to at least connect with the story towards the end.  It leaves off on a massive cliffhanger but a second season has been ordered so we'll get some resolution.  In all, I liked it well enough to tune into season 2 as long as it's on netflix again.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 8:10 PM, Dr. Pepper said:

Has anyone else watched this?  The season is now up on Netflix.  Just finished it.  I had a hard time getting into it as I couldn't connect with the characters, but I started to at least connect with the story towards the end.  It leaves off on a massive cliffhanger but a second season has been ordered so we'll get some resolution.  In all, I liked it well enough to tune into season 2 as long as it's on netflix again.

Yeah.... this is one of those shows we liked, but didn't love... I think what I liked most about it was that it was so foreign to me...  the whole feel of it....  we'll watch S2, but chances are there will be something we like better opposite it, so we'll watch on demand

That foreign feel surely makes a lot of sense. I haven't watched this yet, but I imagine even as a white Australian its going to capture that feel and it would be by design, to non-Australians I can't imagine how it could avoid having a foreign feel. 

Archived