Looking back on it couldn't Rickon been Jenye?

With how the storyline in the North has been going these past 2 season I've been wondering couldn't Rickon been in the "Jenye" role last year? Like this whole plot could of Smalljon handing Rickon over to the Boltons last year be done in place of the marriage plotline with Sansa. An it's Rickon that Theon finds his redemption through? Sansa could have stayed in the Vale and become aware of Rickon presence due to spying on LF and over hearing from him. An when LF leaves for KL she rallies the Vale into getting involved in the North.

Sansa would have nothing to do for a whole season. Rickon is a just kid (and not the greatest actor for that matter), who'd have nothing to do but walk around. He can't hold his own in a conversation with Theon, let alone Roose or Ramsay. All the drama and tension would be gone. The Wintefell scenes (Sana/Theon, Roose/Ramsay, Bolton dinner, wedding ...) were so intense and IMHO, one of the best on the show last year and wouldn't work without Sansa. 

Yes, of course but then again, there seems to have been a real desire, for a few years, to have Sansa be Ramsay's Jeyne. D&D&C (C is for Cogman) really, really wanted that to happen, so it did, and the Northern Storyline has suffered from serious illogical flow ever since.

2 minutes ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

Getting Sansa to the North sooner than later is overall a great idea.  There is plenty to argue on how it was done.

So, anything keeping Sansa away from the North is worst regardless of the how it was done.

But I did say she goes North but it would of been at best in the last episode of s5

1 minute ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

But I did say she goes North but it would of been at best in the last episode of s5

You keep her away for season 5. You also have to write a whole Vale plot for season 5.

Getting Sansa North sooner than later was a great decision.

1 minute ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

You keep her away for season 5. You also have to write a whole Vale plot for season 5.

Getting Sansa North sooner than later was a great decision.

Why? No really why is her going North a "good decision" because all she has done is be raped and send Brienne away to the RL. Also the show lay out a clear path for a Vale plot. Sansa becomes aware of how awful LF is and she uses her influence on SR to send the Vale North. We would be heading toward the same ending as this season except Sansa not LF is the one to get the Vale North

3 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Why? No really why is her going North a "good decision" because all she has done is be raped and send Brienne away to the RL. Also the show lay out a clear path for a Vale plot. Sansa becomes aware of how awful LF is and she uses her influence on SR to send the Vale North. We would be heading toward the same ending as this season except Sansa not LF is the one to get the Vale North

Sansa Stark being active to win the North sounds far more better than having it being handed her.

Just now, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Who cares? What is the point of her being "home" when her home is hell? Just being in WF does nothing if she is just being raped

She reached and escaped with Theon in the end and she is now on the road to rally the North.

I have may own personal dislikes of what was done.  I would of love where she was in WF to rally the houses.  It was not but for me it is how to do it better. It is not how to avoid it.

Personally, I think they should have adapted the White Harbor sequence and expanded it to include Sansa.

Give Davos his book plot looking for Northern support for Stannis and have Sansa be there too looking to get support to retake WF (bringing with her the promise of Vale support in any decision to march on WF).

Now to incorporate @Stannis is the man....nis's idea to use Rickon in this plot. Have Sansa's plan and situation at WH become problematic with news that Rickon has been found and is being held prisoner at WF by either Ramsay or Roose. The Bolton not at WF would be used in the story at White Harbor, where he brokers a deal for Rickon to be kept alive (maybe on the promise that he'll be forcibly sent to serve the NW to solve the problem of potential future rebellion) if Sansa agrees to a marriage to Ramsay.

Have the same fake execution of Davos as in the book, who is then used by the Manderlys covertly in their plotting against the Boltons and Freys to prevent the marriage at WF from happening as an exchange for their support for Stannis.

That's how I'd like to have seen it done.

4 hours ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

A Vale plot that necessitates a handful more actors, a few dozen more extras, more shooting locations, and more screen time.

So, you know, a pain in the ass.

2 minutes ago, shadow282 said:

A Vale plot that necessitates a handful more actors, a few dozen more extras, more shooting locations, and more screen time.

So, you know, a pain in the ass.

Not really all you need is Sansa, LF, SW, and Yohn whom were all in S5, and just stay in the Vale like they were in the beginning of s5

It is what it is. If you target something in a narrow minded fashion and do whatever it takes to make an event happen, sometimes you miss the other opportunities that would be even better. In this case, there was prior written source that was probably the best part of ADWD. You cannot go back or make up for a miss like that.

I, for one, would have liked that waaay better than what we got. For starters, it would've meant less rape, because not even D&D would go there. Also, it means the focus of Theon's storyline would've been Theon, shockingly. 

And Sansa's Vale storyline wouldn't have had to be the juiciest plotline ever. It only would've had to be better than what we got, and what we got was: ridiculous plot gymnastics and everyone losing half of their IQ so the unlikely Sansa-Ramsay match could happen, one awkward dinner with a snarky Sansa who never showed up again, Sansa getting raped, an old lady getting killed, Myranda pulling a Bran, and Brienne looking at a candle. 

I'm by no means a fan of Sansa's half baked plotline in Feast, but even that tops the mess that was that Winterfell storyline.

Why would the Bolton's keep Rickon alive?

Once you get passed how stupid of an idea it was to agree to LF's plan, the rest of the plot was really good. The show could have fixed that by highlighting how much littlefinger was coercing her. There is a reason he doesn't tell her about the plan until moat calin. His argument (REVENGE IS A LADDER) was dumb.

But once she gets there and has no choice, it was a good plotline. And her plot in S6 has been great.

It seems like most of the SANSA WAS RAPED outrage is based on a barbaric idea that good girls don't get raped, only filthy girls do.

Archived