Randyl Tarley and Sam Dinner discussions

BobinIL

6 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

Why would Sam be considered an oath breaker? He has not broken his oath, he was sent to the Citadel to study the WW, a direct order from the Lord Commander of the night watch.

Maybe the fathering a son part?

24 minutes ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

Wheter Sam stands up to his father or not, i'm pretty sure he gonna make a comment about the WW and this maybe the last we see of Gilly and baby Sam/Aemon.

When you say the last we see of them, do you mean dead or just their part of the story will be done?

4 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

Which he didn't do?

Technically true. But I think he will claim the baby as his own. So his father could see him as the baby's father and an Oathbreaker to his NW vows. If he's just being an ass to Sam he could make a fuss about it. Or he could look at it like my boy left a soft squishy excuse for a man but he's now returned having gotten laid and even stood up to me and for his new girlfriend...  Very interesting to see how they play the Randyl/Sam situation. I wasn't really looking forward to Sam and Gilly very much. The boat scene was kinda boring. But this could get very interesting. 

8 minutes ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

Eh, take it how you want ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But I believe we won't see Gilly and her baby anyone more after this Ep.

It is possible that, as planned, she ends up working in the castle kitchens or something and bringing up the baby there and that this is the end of this plot.  However, I am inclined to think that before the end of the next series they will see each other again.  I don't know why but I have a sort of hunch that either there will be no further need for the Night Watch at the very end of the final series or that it will be so reformed that it will be possible for members to marry etc.  Okay, this is just me hoping (admittedly I ship these two) that they end up together as proper man and wife lol but it might very well just be wishful thinking ;)

4 minutes ago, Morgana Lannister said:

It is possible that, as planned, she ends up working in the castle kitchens or something and bringing up the baby there and that this is the end of this plot.  However, I am inclined to think that before the end of the next series they will see each other again.  I don't know why but I have a sort of hunch that either there will be no further need for the Night Watch at the very end of the final series or that it will be so reformed that it will be possible for members to marry etc.  Okay, this is just me hoping (admittedly I ship these two) that they end up together as proper man and wife lol but it might very well just be wishful thinking ;)

Hey its possible. But I think D&D are gonna have Gilly pretty much go off to a happy-ever-after with the Tarlys.

My guess is Gilly and her child are gonna be accepted into the Tarly family as Sams bastard( Whether he tills them the baby is "really" his or not I have no clue at all. ) Then Sam and Gilly are gonna have their sweet goodbye and off he goes to the Citidale.

Whats he gonna do when he gets done with his Maesters training and more knowledge to help fight the WW? Stop to Horn Hill to see Gilly? While the world is about to end lol? I rather not waste more time with a reunion scene with them both as it really wont serve to move the plot along.

But I like them together too.^_^

2 minutes ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

Hey its possible. But I think D&D are gonna have Gilly pretty much go off to a happy-ever-after with the Tarlys.

My guess is Gilly and her child are gonna be accepted into the Tarly family as Sams bastard( Whether he tills them the baby is "really" his or not I have no clue at all. ) Then Sam and Gilly are gonna have their sweet goodbye and off he goes to the Citidale.

Whats he gonna do when he gets done with his Maesters training and more knowledge to help fight the WW? Stop to Horn Hill to see Gilly? While the world is about to end lol? I rather not waste more time with a reunion scene with them both as it really wont serve to move the plot along.

But I like them together too.^_^

What you say makes a lot of sense too of course, now, I do wonder if there is to be an epilogue at all in the books to tye up any loose ends such as this...

8 minutes ago, Morgana Lannister said:

What you say makes a lot of sense too of course, now, I do wonder if there is to be an epilogue at all in the books to tye up any loose ends such as this...

I think alot of characters are gonna die by the end, but I think an epilogue is a strong possibility. I'm more hoping for Grrm to continue writing more books after this series is done. Like set some years after the War for the Dawn.

1 minute ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

I think alot of characters are gonna die by the end, but I think an epilogue is a strong possibility. I'm more hoping for Grrm to continue writing more books after this series is done. Like set some years after the War for the Dawn.

That would be totally awesome!

8 hours ago, Ice Spider said:

Why would Sam be considered an oath breaker? He has not broken his oath, he was sent to the Citadel to study the WW, a direct order from the Lord Commander of the night watch.

He is going to tell his father that Gillys baby is his. ( unless he only plans to tell him in the books.)Part of the Nights Watch vow is father no children. 

I may have it wrong. I know he says it Either in the books or show. Can you recall which one it is. I hate to mix up the show and books. 

I agree. I can see Sam stand up to his father now. He left a boy and will be a man when his dad sees him. It is going to be interesting to see how this eposide plays out tonight. Sam is willing to do what is necessary to protect Gilly and baby.  He does not want to face his father, but is willing to for safety for Gilly and baby. Sam has become brave that is for sure.

1 hour ago, Ruhail said:

Is this scene really needed when they're trying to jump to the end as fast as possible?

Well, I feel they have to wrap up what happens to Gilly and babe so to me, yes, this scene (although granted it could have been also done off screen) is necessary especially if this is going to be the last we see of Gilly and the baby in the show as some have suggested

2 hours ago, Visenya the Dragon said:

He is going to tell his father that Gillys baby is his. ( unless he only plans to tell him in the books.)Part of the Nights Watch vow is father no children. 

I may have it wrong. I know he says it Either in the books or show. Can you recall which one it is. I hate to mix up the show and books. 

I am not sure it is either, but maybe in the books. Hasn't happened on the show yet. Why does Sam telling his dad the baby is his, do him OR Gilly any good? I would think leaving a bastard baby from a wildling behind  would put the baby more at risk if Randyl thought it was Sam's?

10 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

I am not sure it is either, but maybe in the books. Hasn't happened on the show yet. Why does Sam telling his dad the baby is his, do him OR Gilly any good? I would think leaving a bastard baby from a wildling behind  would put the baby more at risk if Randyl thought it was Sam's?

In the books, Randyl's hate for Sam is 100% based on his unmanly habits. Him hanging around the cooks, spending time with his sisters, being an utter failure in the case of martial skill.

Fathering a kid is considered one of the manliest things in Westeros, plus Sam has survived for several years in the Night's Watch and he finally got himself a woman.

38 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

Sams mother would not turn away Sams baby, if that is what he tells his parents. Sam always spoke highly of his mother. Sam feels they will be safe there mainly because of his mother. Sam would have to tell his parents that is his baby, or why would Sam think they would keep Gilly and baby?

Randyl is such a poor man's Tywin I can't even.

I don't remember a worse dialogue, and I've been honestly watching this season with it's see-sea and greedy bitches.

I loved how old man Tarly jumped at 'beyond the Wall', completely ignoring the context ('there were White Walkers and I've seen it!') and felt the urge to underline how much he HATES those damn wildlings only 478623783426 km from his house. And he sent his son to kill them! Or to freeze to death. What's the difference.

Archived