Mysterious Fisher Queens

Some thoughts (crackpot):

The Fisher Queens definitely remind you of the Crannogmen. Floating palace, wise and benevolent, favoured of the Gods...

The current inhabitants of the Neck may very likely have descended from them, considering the hint that First Men originated from these Fisher Queens.

Very curiously, crannogmen are also hinted as having COTF blood....so possibly they are the descendants of the First Men - Children marriages made after the Pact between Men and Children on the Isle of Faces. (which may be the same oath Meera and Jojen swear by).

Howland needs to really get his ass out of that swamp and start talking :P

In a similar vein, the Hairy Men definitely seem like the ancestors of the Skagosi.

Well I think they are representation of a better, more equal and more peaceful societies that existed before Long Night. I think what we know now is about as much as we will get and it's still more then enough to bring a point across.

If you are interested in broader perspective I wrote about it here

About the floating palaces, I want to point that a what a prehistoric culture called a "palace" could very well be just a big wooden house from a modern person's point of view.

It is possible that culture lived in boat houses, and the "palace" was just a very big boat house.

On 24/08/2016 at 8:30 PM, Ser Lepus said:

About the floating palaces, I want to point that a what a prehistoric culture called a "palace" could very well be just a big wooden house from a modern person's point of view.

It is possible that culture lived in boat houses, and the "palace" was just a very big boat house.

That's exactly what I proposed on page one of the thread. It doesn't even have to be a big house imho. For cave dwellers or hunterers and gatherers an average house built on an elevated platform in the sea's flood lands might already constitute a "floating palace" or at least a "dwelling better then ours, built on the waves" 

Over time the legend was passed down and grew with the higher standards of living until the little wooden houses became floating palaces.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived