(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

6 hours ago, athmystikal said:

I thought the Faceless men very extremely expensive. But in the show an actress in a theater troupe is able to afford them. Really?. May be an occasional pro bono service from the FM. I heard some law firms do that in the real world.

Actually the price is relative. It's always high, but within the capabilities of the one trying to purchase the FM's services.

That dialogue, man...

His soul is pure and perfect.His sins don't erase that purity, they only obscure it.

How dumb is Samwell for stealing that sword? 

The High Sparrow stuff continues to be mindbogglingly idiotic.

Why the hell are the Dothraki so enthusiastic to follow a foreign woman who murdered their leaders? Her whole speech was "I would ask of you something more than anyone before", she said nothing about what they will gained, yet they celebrated as if she had just given them some awesome gift.

Was anyone else amused by Jaime's "I've been Kingsguard since before you were born"? As in, "Had I not be Kingsguard, you may not have been born at all"? Uh... well, never mind...

7 minutes ago, David Selig said:

That dialogue, man...

How dumb is Samwell for stealing that sword? 

The High Sparrow stuff continues to be mindbogglingly idiotic.

Why the hell are the Dothraki so enthusiastic to follow a foreign woman who murdered their leaders? Her whole speech was "I would ask of you something more than anyone before", she said nothing about what they will gained, yet they celebrated as if she had just given them some awesome gift.

Because they are portrayed as mindless idiot savages, almost as staggeringly stupid as the Ironborn that are still following Euron whose first act as King of the Ironborn was to lose his fleet!! What a guy!! I'm just relieved and thankful that the idiot white Ironborn are dumber than the stupid brown Dothraki for obvious PC reasons

32 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

Because they are portrayed as mindless idiot savages, almost as staggeringly stupid as the Ironborn that are still following Euron whose first act as King of the Ironborn was to lose his fleet!! What a guy!! I'm just relieved and thankful that the idiot white Ironborn are dumber than the stupid brown Dothraki for obvious PC reasons

To be fair, it is not like the white people in the rest of Westeros are any smarter. Everyone on this show is about as dumb as it gets. Even the supposed masterminds like LF have been total dumbasses since season 2. Varys seems the only guy on the show with a working brain these days.

11 minutes ago, David Selig said:

To be fair, it is not the white people in the rest of Westeros are any smarter. Everyone on this show is about as dumb as it gets. Even the supposed masterminds like LF have been total dumbasses since season 2. Varys seems the only guy on the show with a working brain these days.

:cheers:

Guys I thought this season was Streamlining? Then why is Jon literally emoing through the Stannis Adwd plot?

God someone please kill both Davos and Mel, please Ramsay work your magic.

7 hours ago, ebourget said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but GRRM didn't do the whole "I'll never leave you again." thing with sam and gilly did he?

No, he didn't do that with S&G.  Gilly was be to sent to Horn Hill by Sam when he went to the Citadel.  Last we saw were plans to send her to HH but she was still on the ship.  Sam expected his mother to accept her and the babe.  Sam did think some maesters have mistresses on the side, but he didn't think newbies could get away with that.   Both S&G understood that they would be parting when the ship landed.

6 hours ago, med1 said:

Yeah book Loras would certainly have a good chance. Although that is if undead Mountain can even be killed by normal means. Outside of having said head removed I doubt he's going down outside of magic or Qyburn. 

The Hound killed the undead Beric, so the Mountain could be killed w/o magic, one would think. 

12 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

Dany's speech at the end felt to me like Cogman was pandering to feminists after last year's Sansa-rape-shit-storm.

I didn't even pay attention to the yawnfest of a speech. But I still remember he had Ramsay say rape made Sansa a woman. I have nothing good to say about Cogman, and never will.

29 minutes ago, LongRider said:

No, he didn't do that with S&G.  Gilly was be to sent to Horn Hill by Sam when he went to the Citadel.  Last we saw were plans to send her to HH but she was still on the ship.  Sam expected his mother to accept her and the babe.  Sam did think some maesters have mistresses on the side, but he didn't think newbies could get away with that.   Both S&G understood that they would be parting when the ship landed.

Right, and besides, that's yet more crappy dialogue. I'll never leave you again. They might as well be holding up signs for all the sublety.

Lines are supposed to say something about who says them. All the dialogue in this episode was saying is, recycled soap opera.

17 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

Dany's speech at the end felt to me like Cogman was pandering to feminists after last year's Sansa-rape-shit-storm.

I was happy that Sansa wasn't in this episode, otherwise Cogman will tore her apart, it make me think that D&D are not comfortable to let Cogman write anything about Sansa again

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

Right, and besides, that's yet more crappy dialogue. I'll never leave you again. They might as well be holding up signs for all the sublety.

Lines are supposed to be say something about who says them. All the dialogue in this episode was saying is, he phoned it in.

Subtlety?  On GOT?  Surely you jest.  Sam and Gilly doing the 'I'll never leave you' and Sam stealing the sword is so OOC for both of them.  But hey, this is GOT and since the characters are so fluid, being OOC is what they are.  GOT is just another silly soap opera with less interesting twists.

8 hours ago, The Boastful Knight said:

And how do you know that? Just because he is credited as a writer, it doesn't mean everythin in that episode was his idea. D&D has full creative control, they can overwrite anything that he might comes up with. I don't agree anyway, because out of all episodes, the Cogman ones are still the ones which get the tone or the feeling of some scenes right. Well not this one particularly, because we have pretty much nothing left from the books, but in earlier seasons. I'm not saying the Cogman episodes are very good, he still wokrs in shadow of D&D's stupidity. And I hate almost everything about the show now, I just watch it to laugh at it and to tear it apart here. But he got Jaime's bath scenes right in S03e05 or Tyrion's trial in s04e06. You may disagree, and that is fine, or say that he took those out of the books and added nothing of his own. But D&D can't even do that.

He pushed for the Dorne thing last year and it was his idea to have Jaime go there. Enough said!

Archived