(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

3 hours ago, The Knight in Motley said:

Do you have any idea how much resources it takes to build 1000 ships, let alone how long it would take?  Merreen doesn't have much in the way of natural resources from what we can see.  I mean St. Tyrion can't just order all the old Master's Houses to go off and build 1000 ships out of thin air.

Dany's best bet is to make some kind of marriage alliance for ships.  I'm surprised no one has considered offering her ships to leave already. 

I know about Euron's 1000 ships, but Iron island, a desolate rock in the sea who is poorer than merreen and far less populated can build 1000 ships and not merreen it's totally illogical for me

1 hour ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I know about Euron's 1000 ships, but Iron island, a desolate rock in the sea who is poorer than merreen anf far less populated can build 1000 ships and not merreen it's totally illogical for me

Agreed. 

Another point that I read too - the boats in Mereen were burned, but Dany has pretty much been trying to gain control of the entire Slaver's Bay area. 

Could she not have ships bought from other cities? Or could she not simply buy the masters ships? Could Tyrion not negotiate ships as apart of his deal with the masters? Would the locals not be wanting to rush to provide ships to the Mother of Dragons? What about the pirates like Salador Saan - would they not want to offer their ships? 

There's literally a number of different ways that Dany could theoretically get ships, to travel West, that don't involve Euron making ships on a rock that doesn't have any trees. 

4 hours ago, The Knight in Motley said:

Do you have any idea how much resources it takes to build 1000 ships, let alone how long it would take?  Merreen doesn't have much in the way of natural resources from what we can see.  I mean St. Tyrion can't just order all the old Master's Houses to go off and build 1000 ships out of thin air.

Dany's best bet is to make some kind of marriage alliance for ships.  I'm surprised no one has considered offering her ships to leave already. 

Dany should take Tyrion's head for letting her fleet be burned

22 hours ago, Mikeygigs said:

Like she disappears to get her dragon, and comes back to find them all gone? :P

That would have been funny LOL

Whatever happens next, I really don't want to hear yet another "rousing" speech from Daenerys whether in English, Dothraki, High Valyrian or any other f&*king language this season.

5 hours ago, The Knight in Motley said:

Which is why the whole dialogue was so laughable.

Holy shit, 1000 ships? You dont say? Well, good thing that, just last episode, Euron Greyjoy just ordered the commissioning of a new Iron Fleet, consisting of 1000 ships that doesn't have men to sail them and wants to arrange a marriage to Dany.

Put a bow on it because its like Christmas.

But I agree, why wouldnt the Masters, just give her 1000 ships in exchange for her pissing off and never returning?

18 minutes ago, Misnthropia said:

But I agree, why wouldnt the Masters, just give her 1000 ships in exchange for her pissing off and never returning?

They think she isn't worth 1000 ships, the sons of the harpy have done the same job and they are far less expensive than 1000 ships

11 hours ago, WSmith84 said:

Apparently the siege of Riverrun is far more important than the murder of Myrcella. An army to spare for a local Riverlands problem, but no army to spare when Dorne is rebelling? OK then.

Ouch, I didn't notice this.

6 hours ago, TickTak7 said:

In Bran's defense though, he's seemed pretty clueless and lost throughout this whole saga about where he's going, what he's meant to do, etc. 

I would place more blame on the Three-Eyed Raven, to be honest. 

Surely lesson #1 to accessing wierwood.net should have been to not get touched by the Night's King? A proper explanation of the magic that protects them and why the NK would be able to get in? 

Plus - if we assume that the 3ER knew about the impending attack on the tree by the White Walkers, why not inform Bran? Or hurry his training? Or warm him, mid-dream, what he needed to do? Save Summer? etc. 

Bran has caused a lot of death and destruction, but much of it isn't really his fault. 

And would make more sense for a child (like book!Bran) rather than one who would be consider full-grown in Westeros.  Another knock-on of the older ages for the characters.

10 minutes ago, Snowlover1225 said:

Please refresh my memory. What happened to Ice?

The sword? Was forged into two valyrian swords - one was given to Joffrey as his wedding gift (I think he named it Widow's Wail, but I ain't entirely sure) and I suppose that Tommen inherited it although it wasn't explicitly mentioned, and the other sword was given to Jaime who gave it Brienne who named it Oathkeeper.

10 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I know about Euron's 1000 ships, but Iron island, a desolate rock in the sea who is poorer than merreen and far less populated can build 1000 ships and not merreen it's totally illogical for me

I think that it is mentioned somewhere in the books that the Maesters of Meereen burned or cut all trees around Meereen and the whole Slaver's Bay area seems quite desert like so there might not be many trees suitable for building ships. There probably aren't many trees on Iron Islands either but I suppose that they can sail and cut trees along the coast of the continent. I guess.

10 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

The sword? Was forged into two valyrian swords - one was given to Joffrey as his wedding gift (I think he named it Widow's Wail, but I ain't entirely sure) and I suppose that Tommen inherited it although it wasn't explicitly mentioned, and the other sword was given to Jaime who gave it Brienne who named it Oathkeeper.

And Brienne strolls around in front of Sansa and Jon rattling off about people Sansa can trust whilst carrying a sword forged from the stolen Stark ancestral sword Ice. Briennes sword is literally a symbol of The Lannisters cruelty and dishonour, imagine if Sansa realised how Briennes sword was crafted and by whom. Brienne also used this sword to try and kill the Person that was protecting Arya in the riverlands.

1 minute ago, Neds Secret said:

And Brienne strolls around in front of Sansa and Jon rattling off about people Sansa can trust whilst carrying a sword forged from the stolen Stark ancestral sword Ice. Briennes sword is literally a symbol of The Lannisters cruelty and dishonour, imagine if Sansa realised how Briennes sword was crafted and by whom. Brienne also used this sword to try and kill the Person that was protecting Arya in the riverlands.

Yep, this is driving me nuts every time I see Brienne touch that lion hilt. :tantrum:

20 hours ago, WSmith84 said:

Apparently the siege of Riverrun is far more important than the murder of Myrcella. An army to spare for a local Riverlands problem, but no army to spare when Dorne is rebelling? OK then.

In the scene, she says "our castle" ... no, Carol, it's Walder Frey's Castle. Part of the deal your dad worked out with him, but yes, obviously far more important than "your" daughter. And what's funny is, in the same episode (the play scene), they suggest a better Cersei (i.e., Carol), as she loves her kids and would be angry and revenge them. Ugh, as if anything is supposed to make any sense.
Also, is there a reason the Frey's dress like back alley cheese merchants? My understanding is the Freys, by setting up the crossing, made themselves one of the richest houses there is. Shouldn't they dress the part? Oh, I guess than the type of audience the show is aimed at would obviously forget their actions and not assume they are evil.

8 hours ago, Ser Quork said:

And would make more sense for a child (like book!Bran) rather than one who would be consider full-grown in Westeros.  Another knock-on of the older ages for the characters.

Think it would still make sense for Bran even if he was 30-40 years old. 

He's had no experience with this magic, visions, or greenseeing, until more recently. He's a novice, regardless of his age. 

17 minutes ago, Low Sparrow said:

In the scene, she says "our castle" ... no, Carol, it's Walder Frey's Castle. Part of the deal your dad worked out with him, but yes, obviously far more important than "your" daughter. And what's funny is, in the same episode (the play scene), they suggest a better Cersei (i.e., Carol), as she loves her kids and would be angry and revenge them. Ugh, as if anything is supposed to make any sense.
Also, is there a reason the Frey's dress like back alley cheese merchants? My understanding is the Freys, by setting up the crossing, made themselves one of the richest houses there is. Shouldn't they dress the part? Oh, I guess than the type of audience the show is aimed at would obviously forget their actions and not assume they are evil.

Lol the costumes on this show are so cheap and laughable especially all their bragging about being the biggest and most expensive show ever

10 hours ago, Misnthropia said:

Which is why the whole dialogue was so laughable.

Holy shit, 1000 ships? You dont say? Well, good thing that, just last episode, Euron Greyjoy just ordered the commissioning of a new Iron Fleet, consisting of 1000 ships that doesn't have men to sail them and wants to arrange a marriage to Dany.

Put a bow on it because its like Christmas.

They have but she refused them many times but i guess now that the plot is moving she'll allow it to change her mind

Archived