(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

10 hours ago, The Knight in Motley said:

1000 ships, out of nowhere.

LF has a Transporter...the Iron Islands have a replicator.

I mean, they did say they were making a new Trek show, but I heard it would be on CBS.

Heh...

Euron: "Cut down every tree you can find!"

Random Ironborn (5 minutes later): "What should we do now, Boss?"

Also, how did YarAsha steal the entire Ironborn fleet in a matter of...what, maybe a couple of hours (being generous)?  I mean, did she have everyone at the ready just in case the Kings Moot didn't go her way?  Sure would have been nice to see some set-up of that (if that's what was supposed to have happened).  Or is that yet another thing we're not supposed to wonder about or are supposed to simply hand-wave away as somehow magically happening "off-screen"?   

3 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

I still can't believe they haven't addressed Dorne. 

Take the army to riverrun!

What about Dorne and myrecella?

*shrug*

This is Carol remember shes faaar to much of a pacifist for that LOL

22 minutes ago, The Knight in Motley said:

Why? Its only one city.  Riverrun is closer, and has scenes from the book they can pretend to care about.

Is it even a city? Looked like a palace a dungeon and about 20 guards i wouldnt trust to tie my shoes 

11 hours ago, draft0 said:

Ouch, I didn't notice this.

The SandSnakes and Fauxllaria must be so disappointed. Didn't they kill Doran because he wouldn't go to war against the Iron Throne? And didn't they murder Myrcella to provoke that war? And ... it turns out no one cares. (If a coup happens in Dorne, but no one cares, does it cause a regime change or not? ;))

4 hours ago, Neds Secret said:

And Brienne strolls around in front of Sansa and Jon rattling off about people Sansa can trust whilst carrying a sword forged from the stolen Stark ancestral sword Ice. Briennes sword is literally a symbol of The Lannisters cruelty and dishonour, imagine if Sansa realised how Briennes sword was crafted and by whom. Brienne also used this sword to try and kill the Person that was protecting Arya in the riverlands.

Well, the point in the books is that Jaime gives Brienne Oathkeeper (which he named FOR HER!) so she can protect Ned Stark's daughter with Ned Stark's steel. I'm pretty sure that's meant to be a good thing, isn't it? Like, he's not saying "nah, nah, look what my dad gave me, ha ha!" and it's not a symbol of cruelty and dishonor, because Jaime turns into a symbol of oathkeeping by his action of giving it to Brienne. And THEN Brienne uses that sword to defend the children at the inn, which I would argue, is quite possibly the most heroic thing that anyone in the entire saga does - she doesn't know these children at all, they're kids that no one else cares for, and that very few nobles would think were worth risking their lives for, and Brienne knows she can't fight seven against one and will likely die. But she does it anyway because she's a hero - and Oathkeeper is a sword fit for a hero. So I have no problems with Brienne wielding The Sword Formerly Known as Ice in the books. 

(Although, I have always thought that Oathkeeper's somehow going to end up with Jon & Widow's Wail with Dany because remember that Tobho Mott says no matter what he did, the sword chose it's own colors - black and red, Targaryen colors, NOT the dark grey Stark color that Ice used to be. But then I'm like "how come Jon gets two Valyrian steel swords?" I like Book!Jon a lot more than Show!Jon but I want to smack him when he gets Longclaw and he's all "it's the WRONG Valyrian sword." Shut your piehole, Jon, and say thank you to Lord Mormont for that gift!)

Now, on the show, Brienne used Oathkeeper to kill Arya Stark's protector, and then she used it to kill Stannis who was attacking Winterfell which would have coincidentally resulted in Sansa's rescue, and on the third try she finally got it right and used to to protect Sansa from the Bolton men. So ... mixed messages with that mission there!

17 minutes ago, LadySoftheart said:

The SandSnakes and Fauxllaria must be so disappointed. Didn't they kill Doran because he wouldn't go to war against the Iron Throne? And didn't they murder Myrcella to provoke that war? And ... it turns out no one cares. (If a coup happens in Dorne, but no one cares, does it cause a regime change or not? ;))

Well, the point in the books is that Jaime gives Brienne Oathkeeper (which he named FOR HER!) so she can protect Ned Stark's daughter with Ned Stark's steel. I'm pretty sure that's meant to be a good thing, isn't it? Like, he's not saying "nah, nah, look what my dad gave me, ha ha!" and it's not a symbol of cruelty and dishonor, because Jaime turns into a symbol of oathkeeping by his action of giving it to Brienne. And THEN Brienne uses that sword to defend the children at the inn, which I would argue, is quite possibly the most heroic thing that anyone in the entire saga does - she doesn't know these children at all, they're kids that no one else cares for, and that very few nobles would think were worth risking their lives for, and Brienne knows she can't fight seven against one and will likely die. But she does it anyway because she's a hero - and Oathkeeper is a sword fit for a hero. So I have no problems with Brienne wielding The Sword Formerly Known as Ice in the books. 

(Although, I have always thought that Oathkeeper's somehow going to end up with Jon & Widow's Wail with Dany because remember that Tobho Mott says no matter what he did, the sword chose it's own colors - black and red, Targaryen colors, NOT the dark grey Stark color that Ice used to be. But then I'm like "how come Jon gets two Valyrian steel swords?" I like Book!Jon a lot more than Show!Jon but I want to smack him when he gets Longclaw and he's all "it's the WRONG Valyrian sword." Shut your piehole, Jon, and say thank you to Lord Mormont for that gift!)

Now, on the show, Brienne used Oathkeeper to kill Arya Stark's protector, and then she used it to kill Stannis who was attacking Winterfell which would have coincidentally resulted in Sansa's rescue, and on the third try she finally got it right and used to to protect Sansa from the Bolton men. So ... mixed messages with that mission there!

SO MUCH LOGIC!  TOO MUCH LOGIC!

I'm still chuckling at Sansa's logic in sending Brienne to the Riverlands. She can't send a raven because it might be intercepted. OK, sure. So she's going to send Brienne. Because people are never intercepted, right? And even if Brienne makes it to the Riverlands, why the hell would the Blackfish trust her? She can't take any parchment with Sansa's words or seal, an she? Cause it might be intercepted. It's just a writer's contrivance to get her to the Riverlands.

39 minutes ago, WSmith84 said:

I'm still chuckling at Sansa's logic in sending Brienne to the Riverlands. She can't send a raven because it might be intercepted. OK, sure. So she's going to send Brienne. Because people are never intercepted, right? And even if Brienne makes it to the Riverlands, why the hell would the Blackfish trust her? She can't take any parchment with Sansa's words or seal, an she? Cause it might be intercepted. It's just a writer's contrivance to get her to the Riverlands.

Still think it would have made way more sense for Brienne to be sent by Sansa to look for Arya, and then have her end at Riverrun is that is where she must go.  Sansa wouldn't have looked like an idiot for believing Littlefinger and sending a woman none of these people have ever seen to talk to the Blackfish. And the other idiotic piece is that the Blackfish presumably is withstanding a siege and therefore how in seven hells does he get his army out of there without losing Riverrun? And why should he trust a stranger who claims to be an envoy of his great-niece because if he has had any news at all of Sansa's whereabouts, it's that she's Mrs Ramsay Bolton now? So even if he had an army to send, why would he send it with Brienne on her word that Sansa has escaped from her marriage? Wouldn't Blackfish be far more likely to think Brienne was an spy for the Boltons or a Lannister agent? He's never seen Brienne (book or show). 

But on the show I'm sure he will immediately accept Brienne's word and give her the spare 10K soldiers he has lying around but of course she won't get back to Winterfell in time to help Sansa because Littlefinger has to sweep in and save the day.

3 hours ago, LadySoftheart said:

About Oathbreaker ... I think it is actually kind of difficult. You have still the fact it is a piece of Ice meaning it should belong to Stark. Should she not offer to give it back to them, now she was near them in the show? You have of course the other factor: it was a gift of Jaime, it refers to Jaime's honor, ... So in that way Brienne should keep it (so long she uses it to defend the Starks) ... this is confusing... 

(This is of course ignoring the fact Brienne uses it to kill Stark defenders, Brienne doesn't think of Jaime, ... Sigh) 

4 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

Also, how did YarAsha steal the entire Ironborn fleet in a matter of...what, maybe a couple of hours (being generous)?  I mean, did she have everyone at the ready just in case the Kings Moot didn't go her way?  Sure would have been nice to see some set-up of that (if that's what was supposed to have happened).  Or is that yet another thing we're not supposed to wonder about or are supposed to simply hand-wave away as somehow magically happening "off-screen"?   

Well, the situation is even "better" or worse: if Yara had the support of all the ships how on earth she was not elected as the queen?  I thought that it is the ironborn (all of them) who has the voice at the kingsmoot, accordingly, based on the level of support Yara had (all the ships sailed with her) she should have won the election hands down, but she did not. So who were those guys standing there electing Euron?

3 hours ago, LadySoftheart said:

The SandSnakes and Fauxllaria must be so disappointed. Didn't they kill Doran because he wouldn't go to war against the Iron Throne? And didn't they murder Myrcella to provoke that war?

This. The whole point of the excercise (i.e. killing "weak men") was to start war against the Lannsiters, since "Dorne wants war". So where is the war? Where are the sandsnakes leading armies of dorne against the crown?

21 minutes ago, watcher of the night said:

Well, the situation is even "better" or worse: if Yara had the support of all the ships how on earth she was not elected as the queen?  I thought that it is the ironborn (all of them) who has the voice at the kingsmoot, accordingly, based on the level of support Yara had (all the ships sailed with her) she should have won the election hands down, but she did not. So who were those guys standing there electing Euron?

This. The whole point of the excercise (i.e. killing "weak men") was to start war against the Lannsiters, since "Dorne wants war". So where is the war? Where are the sandsnakes leading armies of dorne against the crown?

Heh, great points!  And I guess Cercei is just too smart to be so obviously baited into a war with Dorne.  She'll show them "what they do to their enemies" by not rising to the bait and just ignoring them! :D

50 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

About Oathbreaker ... I think it is actually kind of difficult. You have still the fact it is a piece of Ice meaning it should belong to Stark. Should she not offer to give it back to them, now she was near them in the show? You have of course the other factor: it was a gift of Jaime, it refers to Jaime's honor, ... So in that way Brienne should keep it (so long she uses it to defend the Starks) ... this is confusing... 

(This is of course ignoring the fact Brienne uses it to kill Stark defenders, Brienne doesn't think of Jaime, ... Sigh) 

It's only confusing on the show because Brienne keeps running into Starks all over the place. I don't think it's particularly confusing in the books - Brienne is using Ned's sword to defend the weak (children at the Inn) and she kills people who did terrible crimes at Saltpans with it (like Shagwell and Rorge.)  I think she is a hero using the hero's sword, though I do think somehow Oathkeeper will end up with Jon (those colors - Targaryen colors that came out when fire met Ice in the forge - that HAS to be Jon!) but Brienne has had no opportunity to give it to him or any other Stark so far in the books.

The show has completely muddied the waters with its reshuffled timelines and Brienne's backwards journey from the North to the Riverlands and all the other stupid things they have done. So on the show - yeah, unsurprisingly (because they ignore these details constantly) no one has asked about that honking big Lannister sword. (To be fair, Jon does have Longclaw and Sansa is hardly going to wield a Valyrian sword so who should Brienne give it to, though?)

5 minutes ago, draft0 said:

lol, sometimes I think I should stop reading these threads.

I watch the show and enjoy it for what it is... then I come here.

You guys are so cruel. I love it.

Ha, ha.

Me too.

I get the whole trash and thrash and poke holes in the show - but I think making a book-accurate show is near an impossible task.

Some of the social media threads are pretty funny (the MTV one for instance) - but then they go off on silly tangents too.  Or, simply show their ignorance of the actual story - by saying things like they thought Benjen and Blackfish were the same person.  That just shows you really didn't read anything.  Got all your info from the just the show.

4 hours ago, Tijgy said:

But Brienne needs a sword!!!If it's Valyrian, the better for her..she willl be more protected :)

or else...They should give Dawn to Brienne, making her Azor Ahai :rolleyes:

Dawn has appeared in the show....and it has a wonderful picture of a SUN in it LOL!!!

Archived