(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

Since there usually is such a thread to freely rant and rave about every new episode, I thought we surely need one for this as well---:huh:

Criticize the show all you want! Off we go - chop chop!!!

The topic of the thread is discussing things you disliked about the episode. It is not a place to throw insults at one another or to act as if the normal rules of the forum do not apply.

Discussion of why people disliked something is permitted, but remember the topic at hand: this is not a debate thread, it's a discussion thread specifically about episode details or events that posters disliked.

And before it even starts: I am looking forward to see where Baelish is teleporting himself to this time. I bet: Kings Landing.

And while everyone thinks Benjen (which D&D will somehow mash up with Coldhands) will come to rescue Bran & Meera - I do hope it will be Gendry. Just because there is no logic anyway....

Oh well - listenning to Margaery & Tommen makes me wish for a High Sparrow monologue again.

And Gilly&Sam slowly become the new Missandei&GreyWorm - a boring love story. I always expected Randyll Tarly to chase Sam away with a spear whenever he shows up again at Horn Hill - with a girlfriend and a child in tow to boot.

It seems completely normal to the Tarly family that a brother of the Nights Watch has a baby and girlfriend now....

The Dany bit seemed out of place. Did she stop because she sensed Drogon? Did I miss something?
I totally thought she realised where she was and that Quarth was around the corner. I imagine now that she has a dragon and an army - and she's kind of retracing her steps - that she's gonna go there, fuck everyone up and take their ships. They are a major trading place.

1. The dialogues were awful.

2. Nothing happened

3. Dany's speech n. God knows which... Pointless at the moment.

4. Oh, the dialogues...

5. Why we focus on Heartsbane when we have another half of Ice to claim?

6. No Sansa

7. Did I mention the dialogues?

8. Why no one in Small Council hadn't thought of someone manipulating HS?

9. The entire Tarly thing looked like it would never end. I swear I thought I will die before they are done.

10. And yeah, the dialogues... 

3 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

I am fed up with the "not a Khal - not a politician - not a princess" - tart as well! Will she now abandon Meereen and her freed slaves?

So many titles have caused quite the identity crisis on Dany. 

Probably, Meereen was Dany's "How to Queen" training grounds, not really important if she messes it up there, who cares about them right?

But the rest - really amusing.  Like a good episode of Xena or Hercules - lots of pretty costumes, many deathly looking weapons and no real plotline.

King Tommen is now subordinate to the Faith and the High Sparrow? Is Westeros a theocratical state now?

And Larry just stops being in the Kingsguard just like that - no fightingfor it whatsoever?

He is more annoying than ever - more angry, more vengeful and power-mad than his surprisingly poised sister and they are madly in love still or again - does he still not know about her fornications? Does he simply not care? How will they ever change his mind now - it is definitely too late for any kind of redemption arc.

5 minutes ago, Señor de la Tormenta said:

wow, nobody gives a frack about the dornish. at all

I was sure they were going to turn up for some reason during the Lannister/Sparrow face off but yeah, they just seemed to have disappeared. 

Maybe they will be somehow shoehorned into the very last episode?

In the grand scheme of this mummer's farce, I found this episode quite decent. 

The parts that I have some criticism for are:

• Carol "I have the Mountain" Lannister. She is back to full form. It's like the walk of atonement never existed. 
  • Dany has yet another cheesy, weird moment.
  • Who names these episodes? One scene at the end, and that's the title?
  • The Benjen rescue was deus ex machina, but it was a cool scene, so I don't really wish to complain too much about it.

Archived