(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

1 hour ago, Tijgy said:

He probably does. But I think this is a trait he shares with several people of his family. Those poor Starks. 

(So it might in character he doesnt start to talk about it on show :dunno:)

And it is not like there is textual evidence in the books that falsifies this theory (paraphrasing "They killed him long time ago". 

Very true, but i think that's giving the show too much credit. Its not just Bran, or even just the Starks - people don't seem to react to anything. Just in this season you have Davos barely registering Stannis's death, Sansa's 180 degree badass turn, Theon throwing shade at Euron for being away, nobody in NW especially bothered their LC died, Lannisters forgetting about Myrcellas murder in an episode and the list goes on.

Maybe being Coldhands is a title that gets passed doendthe generations like 3ER :P

?The Waif?  Clearly she is NOT no-one.  She has motives of her own (currently unknown to us), she appears to really dislike Arya, and she seems to share some insider dialogue with the FM.  If I think about it too long, I get really confused.  Is the waif no-one?  Then why does she seem to be operating on some other set of rules.  If she is the nobody mentor, then why would a mentor want to hurt a new nobody?  Why do the waif and Jaqen seem to share some thinking conclusions?  

2 hours ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

I really suspect the GRRM gave them the important plot points for the story but that's it, and they have no idea how to set up a narrative to hit those points, so they just have everybody spin in their wheels until one of the plot points needs to be ticked off, and they leap there, so it's just a bunch of twiddling of thumbs and sudden unexplained and unmotivated action.

This is pretty evident with Jon, Davos, Sansa and Mel who are literally twiddling their thumbs until Ep9

1 hour ago, SerMixalot said:

Because a quality show would have had that scene in episode 1 or 2 of this season. 

Dany facing down a dothraki horde sitting atop a dragon, speechifying FOLLOW ME OR BURNZ

Dany bad ass

Drogon bad ass

Dothraki bad ass

It would have been dramatic, it would have been interesting, it would have moved the story along, it would have been logical.

Instead we got 5 episodes of rape threats

Agree. This could have been in episode 2. Made the repeat scene from season one uncessary, and spared us the emo kahls from same scene.

By now, Dany and new khalasar and could have gotten back to Mereen and ended the slaver conflict. The only logistical problems left would be how to feed 100K dothraki while they wait 20 years for the ironborn to build 1000 ships, and that Tyrion might run out of dick jokes by then.

3 hours ago, Stark_Contrast said:

Another thing: why would Randyll Tarly be so fixated on the wildlings? He's a southerner and has probably never seen a wildling. People of the Reach would hate the dornish and maybe westerlanders and/or riverlanders, people that they actually come into contact with. This is like a mexican lord hating on some eskimos; why would they care?

One of the many Horn Hill gaffes that stood out, and even to those who've never read a single ASOIF book. So, he was prepared to accept a Molestown prostitute into his family, but now decides she'll have to work in the kitchen??? :wacko:

I knew they would make Tarly one-dimensional, but they've made him comically dumb. He may be emotionless, and may not be the world's greatest father, but him deducing that some hardcore Bro time at the Night's Watch might make a man out of the hopeless Sam, in retrospect, looks like the right decision.

Leaving Gilly and the suddenly growing boy at Horn Hill would have been a good closing to that tale. It's really a better life than she could have ever hoped for. But, no, they had to butcher Sam's character too now. He's a thief and an oathbreaker.

Dipping your wick is OK, but he's going to start a family now? What's a maester need a sword for? Damn you D&D (and Cogman)....

This may have been one of the worst episodes of the series coming off the heals of one of the best.  And it was bad the same way like 4 times.

Nothing happened this episode, that was bad enough, but the show, in effect, said to us, "The last season or so was a waste of time too!"  

The crown jewel of this theory was Arya going to the House of the Undying and "training" to be an assassin.  She loses her eye sight; she has to learn she is "nobody;" she has to erase her past.  The training could take years ... it will require her to evolve and ... JUST KIDDING!  Its Dorne all over again. The show-runners don't know what to do with her because thay don't have book-sourcing to go to so she just stops being an assassin.  Just stops her training.  So, basically, everything since she KO'd the Hound was a waste of our lives.  Good to know.  

Then we come to The Faith Militant and the complete inability of anyone to swing a sword.  Jaime- WOW - total badass!  He rides up the steps of the sept with blood in his heart!  Jaime is amazing so this will be great!  NOPE!  Nothing happens.  The King decides to throw in with the Faith because ... well because.  See, he's the King and GoT is popular so ... THEY DON'T NEED REASONS!  And what about that scene before with Margery and Tommen where for what felt like the 651st time characters talked about the Faith and the Gods and NOTHING HAPPENED!  I mean they are holding the Queen hostage against her will; they did the same thing with the Queen Mother and the Queen's brother.  I mean you would think after that a head-or-two miggggghhhhhhhhhtttt roll... NOPE!  Not there!  

The Frey's have even stopped killing people.  

And then there is Sam who- holy hell -stops at home with his father the asshole with the pretense of leaving Gily and Sam Jr with his family.  Fine.  That can all be done off screen.  NOPE!  No, we have to have a set-up seen in a prior episode; then THREE FUCKING SCENES  in this episode all so Sam can then ... DECIDE NOT TO LEAVE Gilly and Sam!  WHY DID YOU SHOW ME ALL THAT if at the ed theyw ere just going to leave?!?!?!  Was it because Sam took that fucking sword?  I know it is- that was fucking stoooooopiiiddd!  I mean, sure Sam and Gilly are the two best horse riders in westeroes and both know the terrain better than anyone else... no wait none of that is true- they are a wilding woman and a baby riding next to one of the fattest people in the show.  This is all a set up so they can get caught.  But I thought Sam was smart?  I thought that was the whole point?  No, no, turns out like many characters in this show, they get dumbest when stuff matters most.  

And then we get to the final scene.  Holy.  Shit.  Dany rides off alone... like you do in unknown territory.  And she returns with her dragon.  Awesome, right?  Well, I mean, we'll ignore the fact that 125,000 horses DID NOT smell a dragon and freak out BEFORE anyone saw the damn thing. No.  Dany then gives this bad ass speech where she tells everyone, in effect, "Are you with me!?!?!?""  And the whole Khaldesar yells back "YES!!!!" And that's awesome, right?  NO!  No, see WE ALREADY KNEW THEY WERE WITH HER!  They were following her, right?  They watched her torch their former leaders, right?  I mean, was she afraid that after they all knelt to her and she went all "Lets-Light-This-Bitch" on them that they MAY have been waiting for a chance to bolt?  

It was a waste of time.  Yes, it had a dragon and dragon's are cool, but this was a waste of time with a dragon.  

6 hours ago, Maid So Fair said:

Pacing in KL is atrocious - we got 5 episodes of filler until something finally happened in E6. It's just HS monologuing and people fiddling their thumbs for no reason and with no logic or an overarching arc. If they at least spent this time to develop the characters and thus set up the stairs it might have worked but despite all the time spent on this plotline I still have no idea what anybody is trying to achieve. What's HS's endgame here? Margeary's? Is she playing everybody? To what end? Why has nobody intervened sooner? I have no idea what any of these people want.

I had the strong impression that Margaery was going along with the High Septon to save Loras from continued abuse and hopefully to free him.  She has been pliable and courteous with the High Septon all along; and he has taken the time to personally visit and counsel her.  He wanted to get the crown under the control of the Faith; and Margaery and Loras were the means to do it; Margaery brought Tommen along for the ride.  Margaery gains immunity from trial (I believe), avoids a walk of shame, hopefully gets the Faith's support for Tommen and herself for awhile; and hopefully an eventual chance to spring Loras.  Then, I think, she and the Tyrells will turn the tables on the Faith.  Or at least die trying.

3 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

?The Waif?  Clearly she is NOT no-one.  She has motives of her own (currently unknown to us), she appears to really dislike Arya, and she seems to share some insider dialogue with the FM.  If I think about it too long, I get really confused.  Is the waif no-one?  Then why does she seem to be operating on some other set of rules.  If she is the nobody mentor, then why would a mentor want to hurt a new nobody?  Why do the waif and Jaqen seem to share some thinking conclusions?  

That's what I've been thinking as well. As no-one and as a faceless man, the waif should be able to suppress her emotions and her apparent hatred of Arya. There are so many inconsistencies with the way D&D are portraying Arya's FM storyline. 

Dany scene just so out of place to me it felt like the director /writer etc wrote it and shoot it  and when come to editing even they realized that it is not working but afraid to cut it because they spend ton of money on CGI and time to shoot this. I do understand that they did shoot many episode at the same time during production to maximize time and use of the location sets etc. But have a ball to cut unnecessary thing man ! 

It could even be useful later like some people question her whether she can control her dragon now or Dothoraki started to protest or something.

on another big unnecessary thing , Sam and Gilly why and why u put it there , why u torture us with their horrible journey there just to have them ran away together. Ok if it mean to have Sam grow a ball. Why do u have them come down from the wall ,get the sword , and ran back up to the wall. what about u know sam main purpose to come down to old town ? u know learn about the White walker as much as he can so can let the night watch know what to do with pending doom of mankind. 

35 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I had the strong impression that Margaery was going along with the High Septon to save Loras from continued abuse and hopefully to free him.  She has been pliable and courteous with the High Septon all along; and he has taken the time to personally visit and counsel her.  He wanted to get the crown under the control of the Faith; and Margaery and Loras were the means to do it; Margaery brought Tommen along for the ride.  Margaery gains immunity from trial (I believe), avoids a walk of shame, hopefully gets the Faith's support for Tommen and herself for awhile; and hopefully an eventual chance to spring Loras.  Then, I think, she and the Tyrells will turn the tables on the Faith.  Or at least die trying.

I think it's funny you and many others still trying to use reason and logic and motivation to figure out where the story is going, when clearly non of the writers care about any of that.

What's going to happen is what they want to happen, and it may or may not have anything to do being the logical consequences of what has happened before. So all this "this must mean this will happen and that can't happen" is completely a waste of time. Because nothing means anything.

2 things immediately came to mind after this episode ...

1. I will laugh so hard if all the build up for casting Sam's entire family is just for this one shot episode.

2. The Dany/Drogon scene would not have been so bad if it did not feel so redundant. Dany already had the Dothraki's devotion. Her speech accomplished exactly 0 things. They should have either, like others have suggested, done this earlier in the season, or maybe, oh ... I don't know ... waited to show her riding Drogon say ... at the head of her newly acquired khalasar? Maybe, say ... as she is reentering Meereen?

26 minutes ago, Mistress of Lemon Cakes said:

2 things immediately came to mind after this episode ...

1. I will laugh so hard if all the build up for casting Sam's entire family is just for this one shot episode.

2. The Dany/Drogon scene would not have been so bad if it did not feel so redundant. Dany already had the Dothraki's devotion. Her speech accomplished exactly 0 things. They should have either, like others have suggested, done this earlier in the season, or maybe, oh ... I don't know ... waited to show her riding Drogon say ... at the head of her newly acquired khalasar? Maybe, say ... as she is reentering Meereen?

While I agree the Dany scene wasn't great as it was something we've seen before, it did accomplish something.

Yes, the dothraki were with her, but that doesn't mean they didn't need to be convinced to cross the sea. Remember how much effort she put into convincing Drogo. 

By showing up on her dragon and giving her "I'm a conqueror" schtick, she got the Dothraki to not only follow her, but to follow her across their frightful sea, something they've never done.

23 hours ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

These are terrible writers who have no clue how to write intelligent characters or write real intrigue.

Well, the worst thing to me is that the writers seem to be taking direct jabs at GRRM and the source material now through Arya's scenes with the troubadours. Didn't Arya's "mark" or whatever say something like "the source material is shit?" And Arya say, "then change it and make it good?" I really feel like the disdain for the source material couldn't be implied much more--at least not without hitting us over the head with a hammer.

17 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

Dany's speech was tiresome.

LOL yes!  I wish it ended in the same way as Theon's speech in Winterfell, that is, with someone whacking her over the head and saying "I thought that speech would never end.  Let's go home lads."

12 minutes ago, storm.131 said:

LOL yes!  I wish it ended in the same way as Theon's speech in Winterfell, that is, with someone whacking her over the head and saying "I thought that speech would never end.  Let's go home lads."

Like she disappears to get her dragon, and comes back to find them all gone? :P

Archived