(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

Just now, House Toad said:

The creation was dubious, the raven called and the children answered, but a dagger in the heart has spawned a wight from a wight but it's a wight with the powers of the fiery flail.

dude, it was magic, logic need not apply

8 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Ah, yes that reminds me: why no Oldtown on the map? give the audience some indication where Sam is.

Methinks Sam will never make it to Old Town in the show - he was just holidaying (or being on furlough) with his family in Horn Hill. Now that he stole daddy's sword (which will never in the books because Randyll is way too powerful, frightening and dominant - and Sam way too scared of his father) he will just scurry back to the North where the Valyrian steel will be helpful.

The only good thing about "the Tarly bunch" = I LOOOOOVE Samantha Spiro! Though her talents will be absolutely wasted in this show.

1 minute ago, House Toad said:

It is a wight then it becomes a wight although it's a wight which functions like a real boy but its dead. Because of the frozen fire?

nonono, as far as I can tell from watching the show was that it was a white guy in a white field with a wightsaber who got grayscale from a blackwater blue eyed raven, who looks good in silver, I think

Daenerys's storyline is just a poor adaptation.

I've said it before, but the book has the whole... young queen in a foreign city all alone surrounded by enemy cities and their armies encroaching for a siege while players like Tyrion, Quentyn, Victarion, Moqorro, and Archmaester Marwyn all move toward her to help her.

Yeah, you knew Daenerys would still beat the slavers in the book, but it was far more suspenseful than inspiring speech after inspiring speech that she does in the show.  Even the internal struggle with the Sons of the Harpy in the show is random and there's no real suspense there.

The other week I thought maybe there would still be a Siege of Meereen for Dany to break, but I think Tyrion's 7 year plan solved that and all that's left for her now is to identify the Harpy and get the Ironborn ships.  Leave Missandei and Grey Worm to "watch over" Slaver's Bay for her.  Then sail to Westeros.

5 minutes ago, Grizzly Mormont said:

The writer called him Benjen Coldhands in the after the episode nonsense.

Ugh.  So does this mean that they just mashed Benjen and Coldhands together or that Coldhands really is Benjen after all?  It seems to me that there is no need to introduce Benjen in this way on the show if he isn't Coldhands in the books.

I am so over Daenerys.  What about Mereen?  Oh, she just fucked that up so no worries, moving along to fuck up the Seven Kingdoms now.  What a great leader.  I pray Daario kills her, but I know we could never be so lucky.  Hopefully she will burn Kings Landing to the ground because everyone there needs to die.

Good casting on Randyll Tarly, he was every bit the asshole I imagined him to be.  However, I don't understand the point of Sam going home at all.  Does anyone imagine Randyll Tarly is going to let Sam just ride off with Heartsbane? 

12 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

nonono, as far as I can tell from watching the show was that it was a white guy in a white field with a wightsaber who got grayscale from a blackwater blue eyed raven, who looks good in silver, I think

it was crow who got dead then became undead later it went raven gaining some frozen fire. Now its the superwight, it's power should have included infect from all of its carrion worms and rabid slaver, but oh no its infecting and has got a frozen flail fire, fire the frozen flail, fail

2 minutes ago, House Toad said:

it was crow who got dead then he became undead later it went raven gaining some frozen fire. Now its the superwight, it's power should have included infect from all of its carrion worms and rabid slaver, but oh no its infecting and has got a frozen flail fire, fire the frozen flail, fail

The worst flailing was in my head.

3 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

No they wouldn't.

He should be killed for the sheer concept of having a child.

Let alone freaking stealing a sword

Where the resources get spent, on a sword which is supposedly the nightbringer?

He would have never left his father's estate, there ain't no taxi's or the school bus at first light. Yawn

Just now, SerMixalot said:

BTW I would LOVE just one time, when some commoner trash talked a high lord, the high lord immediately responded by removing said commoner's head

Heck man that is half the reason of Arya's chapters. Is to show just how shitty the common folk get it when the High lords play chess,

Archived