NHL 2016 - The Kids Are Alright

Jabronius Maximus

I watched PTI today and they debated over if it's bad for NHL that top teams like Washington and Chicago to be down and potentially knocked out of the playoffs in first round. Typical ESPN take on hockey... If they'd watch the Leafs and Preds for more than a couple minutes they'd realize that they both have stars on the team. They just love to S the D of the big markets.

3 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

I watched PTI today and they debated over if it's bad for NHL that top teams like Washington and Chicago to be down and potentially knocked out of the playoffs in first round. Typical ESPN take on hockey... If they'd watch the Leafs and Preds for more than a couple minutes they'd realize that they both have stars on the team. They just love to S the D of the big markets.

Plus, those games have been immensely entertaining.  At least the caps/leafs games. I haven't seen much of the Chicago series.

15 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

I hate this "we must have big market teams deep into playoffs" talk in any US/Canada major sport.

If any league doesn't want small market teams in the finals, then by all means, don't put teams in those markets.

Edit... and why would ESPN care in this case, anyway? They don't broadcast NHL games.

• 3 weeks later...

What a complete and utter shit show, pathetic joke of a league the NHL is. Two playoff games in a row decided by a botched call and review by the refs. 

You might as well of had Perry sneak up behind the ref and hit him over the head with a folding chair while Kesler attempts to rip Talbot's pad off his leg. F*cking pathetic. The league's credibility would increase ten fold should Gary Bettman be replaced by Vince McMahon.

Series over, Oilers win 4-1 if the officials and the league could manage to pull their heads out of their ass.

Archived