NHL 2016 - The Kids Are Alright

Jabronius Maximus

But the Leafs won't be making the play-offs. 

In the East I am somewhat curious about the Flyers. They have some interesting young players with Provorov, Konecny and Gostsbehere. Couturier has also somewhat improved last season. So maybe they can clinch a wildcard spot. It's a longshot, but I wouldn't rule it out.

50 minutes ago, Notone said:

But the Leafs won't be making the play-offs. 

In the East I am somewhat curious about the Flyers. They have some interesting young players with Provorov, Konecny and Gostsbehere. Couturier has also somewhat improved last season. So maybe they can clinch a wildcard spot. It's a longshot, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Playoffs? I hope they're in the Patrick/Liljegren sweepstakes. We seem to be doing everything right, I hope to god we don't sabotage it with a sudden case of short-term thinking. I've never had a team properly rebuild before...the Niners stacked talent by accident then self-destructed, the Jays always run in stops and starts and the Raps are a classic treadmill team...but finally one of my teams 'gets it'. 

A the best short term thinking trade (which didn't even work out),  Rask for Raycroft. 

But I meant Philadelphia for a wildcard spot, not the Leafs. Toronto is in for a few (more) years without Play Off hockey.

No, but seriously. The Leafs finally seem to understand the concept of a rebuilding process with Lamoriello and Shanahan. 

And you have quite a bit of cap space in case you find a good trading opportunity, or some FA you can use for an upgrade. You traded Kessel for a lot of potential, and you managed to offload Phaneuf's contract to Ottawa. And if the fans stay patient, I see now reason why Toronto can't do a succesful rebuild with Lamoriello, Shanahan and Babcock in charge. So I don't think the Leafs will turn out to be a second Edmonton in terms of rebuild failure.

14 hours ago, Notone said:

A the best short term thinking trade (which didn't even work out),  Rask for Raycroft. 

But I meant Philadelphia for a wildcard spot, not the Leafs. Toronto is in for a few (more) years without Play Off hockey.

No, but seriously. The Leafs finally seem to understand the concept of a rebuilding process with Lamoriello and Shanahan. 

And you have quite a bit of cap space in case you find a good trading opportunity, or some FA you can use for an upgrade. You traded Kessel for a lot of potential, and you managed to offload Phaneuf's contract to Ottawa. And if the fans stay patient, I see now reason why Toronto can't do a succesful rebuild with Lamoriello, Shanahan and Babcock in charge. So I don't think the Leafs will turn out to be a second Edmonton in terms of rebuild failure.

Yeah, man. I'm so pumped. Just to watch it all grow, to be constantly going over draft projections, watching games for moments of brilliance and touches of development instead of hoping a collection of journeymen can prop up a few B stars enough to make the playoffs and live by the 'once you're in anything can happen' self-delusion that keeps fans of middling teams semi-sane. 

I agree, if anyone can stay the course in the Toronto hockey pressure cooker, it's the three men we've got at the helm now.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Nictarion said:

So Michel Therrien is kind of a PoS. What kind of HC leaves his goalie in the ENTIRE game during a 10-0 drubbing? Have to feel bad for Al Montoya. I understand wanting to keep Price fresh for their next game, but c'mon. 

Absolutely brutal of a head coach to do that. 

Sid and the pens staying hot. Went 2-0-1 against California, and 5-1 and 5-0 win against the Ducks and Sharks respectively. 

I got tickets for Tuesday's game against the Oilers. Couldn't resist the McDavid hype coming to town.

55 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Sid and the pens staying hot. Went 2-0-1 against California, and 5-1 and 5-0 win against the Ducks and Sharks respectively. 

I got tickets for Tuesday's game against the Oilers. Couldn't resist the McDavid hype coming to town.

Everything is bouncing Sid's way. That one handed goal last night was the perfect example. It also helps that Murray has looked like a completely different goalie than he did in the World Cup.

Got to go the Pens game last night. Great seats. Sat on the end where Pens shoot twice and saw an awesome Sheary slaphot, Malkin's game tying puck tap, and Sheary's (or the Oiler's player own goal) game winner with a couple mins left. First game I went to in about 3-4 years. Had a blast.

The Devils have won 5 in a row now, and are playing really well. They had to do it tonight without Taylor Hall (out with lower body injury). They're getting great goaltending from both goalies, and something they haven't had for quite a while...scoring from the blue line. 

Shame Hall is out for at least a month now***

My Preds have had a rocky start which was to be expected after losing the heart and soul of our team. We desperstely need a backup goalie and a maybe a physical forward that can move bodies in front of the net(fuck I miss hornqvist).

What an ass-whooping. God that was hard to watch. Especially in Washington. Number one hated team behind Philly for me. 

Hats off to Caps. They embarrassed us tonight. It's okay though as they tend to win these game in October-March and lose the ones in May to us ;)

Archived