NHL 2016 - The Kids Are Alright

Jabronius Maximus

Good god has Pouliot been a disappointment.  Still, can't complain too much when you've got Sheary, Guentzel, Sundqvist, and seemingly Sprong all waiting/starting.  

e:  Nice to see Beau Bennett doing well, though.  And surprisingly, he didn't shatter when his teammates came in to congratulate him on the goal.  Maybe its something in Pittsburgh's water? 

2 hours ago, MerenthaClone said:

Nice to see Beau Bennett doing well, though.  And surprisingly, he didn't shatter when his teammates came in to congratulate him on the goal.  Maybe its something in Pittsburgh's water? 

He's actually stayed relatively healthy all season. He's been a disappointment as far as his production though. He only has 15 points in 53 games. 

On 2017-03-09 at 10:46 PM, Joe Pesci said:

I didn't like his boarding hit on Emstrom (sp?), but that guy saw Sestito coming and still turned his back to him so the fault goes both ways there. Hope that dude is alright as they took him to the hospital last night.

Enström.

If someone had told me a couple of months ago that Marchand would lead the league in points (and be tied for the lead in goals), I would that thought that that person was kidding.

Closing in on the best time of the year and The Preds are playing their best hockey of the season. Cautiously hype. 

On 3/23/2017 at 4:41 AM, Nictarion said:

Kid is ridiculous. 

He really is. I was at a Preds game couple months back vs Edm. I've been to probably over 50 Preds games and the goal Mcdavid scored is my favorite ive seen live from an opposing player. 

Here it is 40 seconds in to this highlight vid. Kid skates by fucking Roman Josi like hes not even there and then buries it.

https://youtu.be/sFXcoudtSjU

9 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Always liked his dad.

Classic Blue. His son showed the kohanas of a bull tonight. Didn't back down from anyone. He has skill too. The Flames are a fun young team to watch.

Patrik Elias announced his retirement. He's my all-time favorite foward, and was huge part of those great early 00's Devils team's. Especially the A Line. I still remember his pass that setup Jason Arnott's cup clinching goal against the Stars in 2000. 1025 points is nothing to sneeze at considering he played his entire career on a team where defense was priority #1. I'd love to see him stay in the Devils organization in some capacity. 

12 hours ago, Ser Reptitious said:

@James Arryn, still thinking that the Leafs are doing too much winning? ;)

Oh, it's been fun, but I was really hoping for another stud draft pick. Maybe I'm just greedy. That said, payoffs still aren't a lock, at all. Really tough end of schedule coming up, and dropping out is still very much on the table.

42 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Don't understand how the league/owners aren't clearly the bad guys on this. Other than the fact that fans almost always give teams the b.o.d.

Apparently the Caps already gave Ovechkin permission to play. Wonder how many others will follow. 

9 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Oh, it's been fun, but I was really hoping for another stud draft pick. Maybe I'm just greedy. That said, payoffs still aren't a lock, at all. Really tough end of schedule coming up, and dropping out is still very much on the table.

I think you might indeed be a bit greedy! ;) Marner, Nylander, Brown, and of course Matthews have been super-rookies, and the rest of the cast (Khadri, JVR, Gardiner, etc.) aren't exactly long in the tooth either yet, so I think the Leafs look to have a bright future ahead of them. I've also heard some rumblings that this year's draft does not look to be particularly impressive, so it's not like the Leafs missed the boat on another generational player.

As someone who is a big fan of both the Oilers and the Leafs, I'm glad that the Leafs don't seem to be following in the footsteps of the Oilers' lost decade. Losing can become a habit far too quickly. 

Yeah that is a tough blow. Especially with Letang considering his injury history. The guy has been through a lot. Losing him worries me greatly. We need to get on the mend if we're to defend the Cup.

Archived