"The Winds of Winter".

katb93

"The Winds of Winter" is rumoured to be this episodes title, (along with "Noone" for episode 8 and "The Battle of the Bastards" for episode 9.)

They are listed on the official German Sky website so they seem to be legit. 

Winds of Winter being the title makes me think we will definitely see something big with the White Walkers in this episode. Thoughts? 

On 5/31/2016 at 7:12 PM, MtnLion said:

Actually it makes more sense for the last scene in episode ten to be the Wall falling, and the undead army advancing. 

This will more then likely be the ending for NEXT season (going into the final season) then this season.  There is still too much going on and too much needs to take place before something like this happens (if it ever even does happen, which I still have my doubts).

The central mystery of this season is Jon's parentage, and that is probably how this season is going to end...with the final TOJ scene and the babies reveal of being Jon.  

2 hours ago, SevasTra82 said:

This will more then likely be the ending for NEXT season (going into the final season) then this season.  There is still too much going on and too much needs to take place before something like this happens (if it ever even does happen, which I still have my doubts).

The central mystery of this season is Jon's parentage, and that is probably how this season is going to end...with the final TOJ scene and the babies reveal of being Jon.  

Only if you feel that the battle with the Others is the final battle. For those who feel that there will be another battle after that, this season ending with the Wall coming down would fit perfectly into that timeline.

1 minute ago, DireGhost said:

Only if you feel that the battle with the Others is the final battle. For those who feel that there will be another battle after that, this season ending with the Wall coming down would fit perfectly into that timeline.

My thoughts are that the White Walkers are good for several battles, and hurdles of the opposing forces to over come.  That would require several episodes to cover.  The show-runners say they have 13 episodes, tops, after this season.  The roughly coincides with White Walkers causing all sorts of havoc, Daenerys getting to Westeros, and final battles taking shape.  Then we will have the winning side broken up, and taking aim at each other, for ultimate supremacy.  The final resolution will take time to develop, too.  Yeah, about thirteen episodes from me, too. 

So, the Wall falls as the cliff-hanger for the season. 

Just now, MtnLion said:

My thoughts are that the White Walkers are good for several battles, and hurdles of the opposing forces to over come.  That would require several episodes to cover.  The show-runners say they have 13 episodes, tops, after this season.  The roughly coincides with White Walkers causing all sorts of havoc, Daenerys getting to Westeros, and final battles taking shape.  Then we will have the winning side broken up, and taking aim at each other, for ultimate supremacy.  The final resolution will take time to develop, too.  Yeah, about thirteen episodes from me, too. 

So, the Wall falls as the cliff-hanger for the season. 

What will be interesting is how exactly Dany learns of the threat in the North, and if she is victorious in the South before she goes North (if she does).

2 hours ago, DireGhost said:

What will be interesting is how exactly Dany learns of the threat in the North, and if she is victorious in the South before she goes North (if she does).

Quite true, it seems that the consensus south of the Neck is that there is no such thing as White Walkers.  Indeed, Ned himself didn't credit the report of White Walkers at all.  And, early on, the biggest threat to the Wall and the Night's Watch was Mance and his followers.  So, Daenerys hearing about White Walkers is likely to dismiss such as a fairy tale, too. 

She will learn about the White Walkers near the time when they have reached the Trident.  The reveal for her is when she flies north to investigate the rumors.  It has been foreshadowed that she sees the armies clashing and thinks how easy it would be to fly down and burn them.  That may or may not be a smart move against the White Walkers . . . 

On 6/2/2016 at 6:40 PM, MtnLion said:

Quite true, it seems that the consensus south of the Neck is that there is no such thing as White Walkers.  Indeed, Ned himself didn't credit the report of White Walkers at all.  And, early on, the biggest threat to the Wall and the Night's Watch was Mance and his followers.  So, Daenerys hearing about White Walkers is likely to dismiss such as a fairy tale, too. 

She will learn about the White Walkers near the time when they have reached the Trident.  The reveal for her is when she flies north to investigate the rumors.  It has been foreshadowed that she sees the armies clashing and thinks how easy it would be to fly down and burn them.  That may or may not be a smart move against the White Walkers . . . 

Idk, the Red priests and priestesses are in Meereen, I think they may tell Dany of the WW threat in the North like Mel did with Stannis. Why else have them in Meereen? To only rally the commoners to her cause? Nice idea, but any religious group could do that, even the more native ones. It has to be the Red priesthood because they are only ones who really know about the threat outside of those in the North. I think Dany will know long before she sets foot on Westeros, but she may have a few pressing issues to deal with before she gets North.

Yeah, she may not actually see them until she reaches the Trident and flies north, but she should definitely know about them by then.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 0:48 PM, DireGhost said:

wait, is there any thread about another battle after the Others?

On 6/2/2016 at 6:40 PM, MtnLion said:

In the show, the reveal for her would probably be when her 100K+ strong army is utterly crushed by WW.

The way her story is going its too easy for her, so crushing defeat is inevitable.

36 minutes ago, Masha said:

In the show, the reveal for her would probably be when her 100K+ strong army is utterly crushed by WW.

The way her story is going its too easy for her, so crushing defeat is inevitable.

The crushing defeat is when she realizes, and accepts that there is a better claim to the Iron Throne than her own.  She will go to her knees, painfully, bowing low to the dragon.  Between now and then, all of the remaining inhabitants of Planetos will need to focus on the Battle for the Dawn to actually win.  Having Daenerys lose 100k to meat for the Night's King would create a near insurmountable imbalance . . . 

Dragons are fire made flesh, but the White Walkers have walked through fire, several times.  I am not so certain, as many seem to be, that dragons will be an effective weapon against them. 

2 hours ago, Masha said:

Ok, but how would her army get crushed unless all of Westeros is pretty much dead? She is coming from as far south as south goes. That would mean the WW's have already crushed the north, west riverlands etc.. and Dany's army would be all that's left at that point.

You're assuming Dany is going to HAVE an army. I believe that she won't - her Dothraki won't cross the sea, not least because the ships which she might hope to catch will have already gone. If the Greyjoys are to be belatedly introduced and Euron is to become her enemy rather than her transport, he must *betray* her.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 1:03 PM, MtnLion said:

The crushing defeat is when she realizes, and accepts that there is a better claim to the Iron Throne than her own.  She will go to her knees, painfully, bowing low to the dragon.  Between now and then, all of the remaining inhabitants of Planetos will need to focus on the Battle for the Dawn to actually win.  Having Daenerys lose 100k to meat for the Night's King would create a near insurmountable imbalance . . . 

Dragons are fire made flesh, but the White Walkers have walked through fire, several times.  I am not so certain, as many seem to be, that dragons will be an effective weapon against them. 

They might no kill the WW's, but they can surely burn the wights in huge numbers.

Archived