What made you cry in GoT

ununsullied

I think the only time I actually cried was Ygritte's death. It hit me hard. Which was strange, because her death in the books didn't impact me very much. I wasn't expecting all the feels.

I tear up a little every time I see Dany standing up out of the ashes with the hatched dragons, though.

I echo others that two Bran's scenes stand out as getting me the most teary-eyed, specifically Luwin's death and the parting of Rickon/Osha.  One that hasn't been mentioned is Jon's farewell to Arya.  The scene always gets me in the books on re-read and they did it very well on-screen as well, when Arya jumps to hug Jon...

Frankly, there are more times I scream WTF than times I cry in this show.  But there are a few times I kinda teared up.

Varys thanking Tyrion for saving KL

Maester Luwin death

Jaime collapsing at Roose's feet upon hearing Cersei and the Lannisters were safe

Bran and Rickon parting ways.  I remember thinking at the time that it was amazing that in an episode that included the Red Wedding, this made me cry.

Red Wedding.  or rather, the absence of music in the closing credits hit me powerfully

Tyrion and Jaime saying goodbye (though I preferred the book version)

Myrcella embracing Jaime and saying she was happy he's her father

Hold the door

On 6/1/2016 at 3:51 AM, storm.131 said:

- Catelyn telling Talisa about the time Jon Snow was ill as a child and she promised the Gods she would be a true mother to him if he lived, but she couldn't keep her promise.

THIS. Gets me every time. 

On 6/1/2016 at 6:32 AM, Gregor'sBrainTumor said:

Jon and Sansa reuniting. Sansa making Jon the cloak with the direwolf sigil, demonstrating she sees him as a true Stark, her brother, her protector, and in a sense a father figure.

The death of Ygritte and what followed (even if the book does it better in my mind).

YES. Many feels. Much tear. 

On 6/15/2016 at 1:00 PM, IrisBest said:

The scene where Oberyn talks about baby Tyrion. Tyrion's reaction there always gets me. :(

OH MY GOSH THIS.

And yeah, many moments from BotB. Rickon's death, which hit me just because of the way they perfectly framed the emotional context of the scene. So many scenes from the battle. IDK I was a mess of tears and adrenaline watching that ep.  

I don't think I ever *cried* but I definitely teared up.  And I've felt moved tons of times.

- Ned killing Lady and just the injustice of the whole thing.  "The wolf is of the north.  She deserves better than a butcher." 

- Ned's conversation with Varys, "I learned how to die a long time ago."  Ned was - and remains - my favorite character and I was so heartbroken to know we were going to lose him.

- Ned being executed and poor little Arya and Sansa having to be there.  

- Arya asking Thoros and Beric if they can bring back a man without a head. :(

- Robb and Catelyn being killed, Grey Wind being killed. 

- Sansa building the snow castle of Winterfell. 

- Jon being killed. 

- Jorah being banished. "I have loved you." 

- Shireen and Stannis' moment together "and you are my daughter", and the scene where Shireen is executed.  

I know there are more, but I can't think of them.  I have typically got emotional every time there is some rememberance of the way Winterfell used to be and/or a reminder of how much the Stark family has been torn apart since season 1.  I'm a Stark girl. 

Archived