Free Northman Reborn

[TWoW Spoilers] Aeron I (Balticon)

828 posts in this topic

On 5/30/2016 at 7:45 AM, BlueNightzx said:

given  that we now know that indeed euron has powers, its not so impossible to him having indeed gone to valyria, with the magic knowledge that he has and his priests and wizards, maybe outskirts of valyria at least or some outpost, not necessarily the heart of the smoking sea

Euron is defined by his madness, if there is anyone who can pull a quick trip to valyria, its him

I think that the Dragonbinder horn is directly related to the person wearing the Valyrian steel armor.  That is how Euron plans to control the dragons, regardless of who blows the horn.  I am guessing that the glyphs on the armor are the same spell, or a continuation of the spell that is carved into the horn.

Also, I think that Euron has a clearer path to KL than Aegon does, due to the Tyrell army on the war path to SE.  Even if the GC and Aegon win, that should be a long and bloody battle.  That would give Euron first crack at the IT, as well as possibly unify Dany and Aegon against a common enemy when/if Dany sails west.

One other thing I have been kicking around is greyscale.  It seems to me that greyscale has a huge part to play in this world.  Not only is it mentioned a gazillion times, we even got a first hand look at the Stone Men, and now a POV is actually infected.  My tin foil antenna has been going bonkers on this subject, but my best guess is that the greyscale becomes an epidemic in Westros during the Long Night, and that it ends up being some form of the Stone Men that actually defeat the Others.  that could be the bittersweet ending the GRRM has spoken of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, No one is here said:

I think that the Dragonbinder horn is directly related to the person wearing the Valyrian steel armor.  That is how Euron plans to control the dragons, regardless of who blows the horn.  I am guessing that the glyphs on the armor are the same spell, or a continuation of the spell that is carved into the horn.

Also, I think that Euron has a clearer path to KL than Aegon does, due to the Tyrell army on the war path to SE.  Even if the GC and Aegon win, that should be a long and bloody battle.  That would give Euron first crack at the IT, as well as possibly unify Dany and Aegon against a common enemy when/if Dany sails west.

One other thing I have been kicking around is greyscale.  It seems to me that greyscale has a huge part to play in this world.  Not only is it mentioned a gazillion times, we even got a first hand look at the Stone Men, and now a POV is actually infected.  My tin foil antenna has been going bonkers on this subject, but my best guess is that the greyscale becomes an epidemic in Westros during the Long Night, and that it ends up being some form of the Stone Men that actually defeat the Others.  that could be the bittersweet ending the GRRM has spoken of. 

First, your idea about the Valyrian steel armor is great. I wouldn't be surprised if some version of your idea wasn't correct.

I don't know if Euron ends up on the IT before Aegon, but I wouldn't object. Of course, I'm someone who thinks Aegon is the one who will end up on the IT in the end.

I wouldn't be surprised if greyscale did end up as part of the whole mess. However, I think it will be on the other side of the equation. I think wights with greyscale will make it harder to kill them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bent branch said:

First, your idea about the Valyrian steel armor is great. I wouldn't be surprised if some version of your idea wasn't correct.

I don't know if Euron ends up on the IT before Aegon, but I wouldn't object. Of course, I'm someone who thinks Aegon is the one who will end up on the IT in the end.

I wouldn't be surprised if greyscale did end up as part of the whole mess. However, I think it will be on the other side of the equation. I think wights with greyscale will make it harder to kill them.

I also believe that Aegon will eventually sit the IT.  I just think that Euron will get there first...if he doesn't go east after Vic instead.  That is a real possibility because we see him wearing the armor at the end of the Aerion chapter.  If the armor is a part of the Dragonbinder magic, then the reason he put it on could be because he is near the dragon(s) and the horn.  It is very difficult to get a feel for the amount of time that has passed from the beginning of the chapter until the point where Damp is brought to the deck of the ship.  It could be several weeks.  That would be enough time to reach Meereen (maybe?).  Just a bunch a speculation, I know.  But what else are we supposed to do until WoW is finally released?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 1/1/2017 at 2:07 PM, AerionBrightflameII said:

I don't think The Hightowers would side with Euron. I could see Euron smashing the Redwyne Fleet at sea, it's possible that they might be able to raid OldTown but they just don't have the man power to hold it or defend it if they did. The reason The Ironmen are so difficult to beat is because of their tactics, surprise raids and melt away with their plunder. Full scale Land battles they'd be shattered.

 

Euron doesn't even seem interested in conquest, he's raided the Reach and been highly successful but that's only why The Tyrells were distracted, he seems aware that the Shields will be retaken at anytime. 

Why not?  The hightowers have tended to be pretty ruthless, ambitious, and they've shown an interest in magic.  Joining Euron could protect Oldtown from being raided, which could be ruinous even if the Ironborn are incapable of holding it permanently; and would let them combine their magic with his to put one of their own on the thrown again.  

If Euron feels confident that he can steal one of Dany's dragons with the knowledge in Oldtown & Hightower magic; then he doesn't need to marry Dany, or expend any men sacking Oldtown after he whips out the Redwyne fleet.  With the fleet destroyed and Oldtown joining their forces to Euron's, the Arbor could swiftly fall as well; giving Euron a significant foothold in the south that would actually be able to hold off the coming Tyrell armies forces for long enough for Euron to pick up his dragon and swing his men up the narrow sea

...beating Aegon into Kings Landing.  Then with Euron on the throne Aegon could nobly continue to fight to free the kingdom from the increasingly horrible monarchs they've suffered since the end of Targaryen rule...right up until Dany shows up to murder the balls off of him with her dragon, without even bothering to try to figure out whether he's her nephew or a blackfyre/bittersteel/brightflame imposter.

or more likely, Aegon will get enough the reacher lords like Rowan & Tarly to turn to his side, to wipe away Mace before marching right into Kings Landing and then having to deal with Euron...which leads to his getting dragon'd hard once again.

Edited by cgf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really think Euron has no interest in sitting the IT or even in Westeros. Euron's endgame is to rule a New Valyrian Empire with Dany as his bride and be treated like a god. I mean he'll take the throne if the opportunity arises but he wants so much more:

Quote

Impaled upon the longer spikes were the bodies of the gods. The Maiden was there and the Father and the Mother, the Warrior and Crone and Smith…even the Stranger. They hung side by side with all manner of queer foreign gods: the Great Shepherd and the Black Goat, three-headed Trios and the Pale Child Bakkalon, the Lord of Light and the butterfly god of Naath.

And there, swollen and green, half­-devoured by crabs, the Drowned God festered with the rest, seawater still dripping from his hair. Then, Euron Crow’s Eye laughed again, and the priest woke screaming in the bowels of Silence, as piss ran down his leg. It was only a dream, a vision born of foul black wine.

...and he's willing to sacrifice all of Westeros in the process. Euron is going to attempt to make a deal with the Others and then use the horn of winter to knock down the wall.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I reading ASOS again and Tyrion III is so good,Euron and Cersei is foreshadowed strongly here,also Varys reports about a Kraken and now krakens being mentioned on Arianne's chapter of WW I thing Euron plans to use Aeron and Falia to summon a Kraken maybe feed him with them and after that use the Kraken to destroy Redwine's fleet .

Edited by Rodx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2017 at 0:23 AM, Rodx said:

I reading ASOS again and Tyrion III is so good,Euron and Cersei is foreshadowed strongly here,also Varys reports about a Kraken and now krakens being mentioned on Arianne's chapter of WW I thing Euron plans to use Aeron and Falia to summon a Kraken maybe feed him with them and after that use the Kraken to destroy Redwine's fleet .

Can you point to or Quote the Euron-Cersei foreshadowing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

A Tywin plan to marry Cersei to Balon is mentioned on Tyrion III of ASOS, can be a Foreshadow for the future, (She obiviously will not marry Balon because he is death,but still can happen with Euron) also, a Allegiance Lannister-Greyjoy is planted in A Clash Of Kings as well . (Balon send a letter to Tyrion to discuss this matter).

have some on Feast as well but I current rereading this book .

Edited by Rodx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now